RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Why Ilhan Omar won’t pay for peddling bigotry - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Ilhan Omar won’t pay for peddling bigotry Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

Why Ilhan Omar won't pay for peddling bigotry
By Jonathan S. Tobin
February 11, 2019 | 7:15pm
NY Post

<More Surprise Here>

Ilhan Omar can't seem to help herself when it comes to anti-Semitism. The question is: What are leading Democrats and Never Trumpers, who've repeatedly accused the White House of empowering anti-Semitism, prepared to do about the congresswoman from Minnesota?

Omar tried to wiggle out of the implications of her earlier tweet about ­Israel "hypnotizing" the world by claiming ignorance about its meaning. She said she didn't know she was tapping into an anti-Semitic trope when she smeared Israelis defending themselves against Hamas terrorists.

But she dug herself in deeper this weekend with tweets in which she ­asserted that the only reason why members of Congress support the Jewish state is "the Benjamins" — that is, money — offered by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the pro-Israel lobby.

The claim that Jews use wealth to get their way is another libel that is straight out of "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion," the classic anti-Semitic hoax that has ­migrated from czarist Russia to the Muslim fever swamps.

It's also a deliberate misreading of reality. The overwhelming ­majority of members of Congress support Israel because the overwhelming majority of Americans agree. But to Israel haters, it's all a vast plot cooked up by dark, conspiratorial Jewish forces.

Americans like Israel for a variety of reasons, not least shared democratic values. Most also think there is something wrong with those who want to destroy the one Jewish state on the planet. That's the goal of the BDS — boycott, divest and sanction — movement that Omar and her fellow Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan support.

BDS masquerades as a call for justice, but its discriminatory purpose is indistinguishable from ­anti-Semitism. And if there was any doubt about that, both Omar and Tlaib have been doing their best to erase it with statements that illustrate the inextricable ties between BDS and hate.

Yet the Democratic Party has no interest in dishing out to Omar (and Tlaib) the same kind of stern justice that the Republicans meted out to Rep. Steve King of Iowa, who was guilty of sympathy for white nationalists. King was stripped of all of his committee ­assignments. But Tlaib was put on the powerful Financial Service Committee and Omar was inexplicably rewarded with a coveted seat on the Foreign Affairs Committee, which gives the BDS crowd a bully pulpit they had never enjoyed before.

It's true that after staying quiet about previous anti-Semitic tweets, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the party's leadership team finally condemned Omar's comments and called on her to apologize. But while that's an ­important step in the right direction, there appears to be little chance Omar and Tlaib will lose their committee assignments or face any other punishment.

The reason for this is obvious. Democrats, including many of those running for president, fear their party's hard-left base is sympathetic to Omar and Tlaib. That's not just because of their identities as Somali- and Palestinian-American, ­respectively. The leadership also understands that a critical mass of Democratic activists has bought into bogus intersectional theories that falsely link the struggle for civil rights in the US to the Palestinian war against Israel's right to exist.

(snip)

<More Surprise Here>

#2 User is offline   JesseR72 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

Don't know why this article is more than 4 words: "Because she's a Democrat" :P

#3 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

View PostJesseR72, on 12 February 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

Don't know why this article is more than 4 words: "Because she's a Democrat" :P

Yup. Black muslim female democrat.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

BACKFIRE: Ilhan Omar's 'Apology' For Anti-Semitism Ends In Disaster

Ryan Saavedra
Daily Wire
Feb 11, 2019

Anti-Semitic Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) tried to apologize for promoting anti-Semitic conspiracy theories over the weekend in a statement released on Monday and ended up promoting her anti-Semitic views even more.

Omar painted herself as a victim of attacks over her "identity," and continued to espouse false anti-Semitic conspiracy theories about AIPAC giving money to members of Congress as she also tried to score political points.

"Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes," Omar wrote. "My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole. We have to always be willing to step back and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me for my identity. This is why I unequivocally apologize."

"At the same time, I reaffirm the problematic role of lobbyists in our politics, whether it be AIPAC, the NRA or the fossil fuel industry," Omar continued. "It's gone on too long and we must be willing to address it."

Omar's attempted apology drew stern criticism online with many notable figures noting that they did not believe her apology was sincere or that she had actually learned anything.

"For her apology to be believed, one would have to believe that she didn’t know of the anti-Semitic trope that Jews use their money to control world politics," The Republican Jewish Coalition tweeted. "Furthermore, she equivocates by saying that she finds pro-Israel advocacy to be problematic. Her apology is not accepted."

"'I apologize for my anti-Semitic comments,'" Ben Shapiro tweeted, mocking Omar's statement. "'Now I shall double down on my anti-Semitic comments, but word them slightly differently.'"

More Here

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

Omar: Jews suck.
People: boo, you anti-Semitic person!
Omar: sincere apologies. I’ll restate: it sucks that Jews suck. As a Muslim woman, I know that all too well.

#6 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:18 PM

View Postzurg, on 12 February 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

Word

View PostMontyPython, on 12 February 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

BACKFIRE: Ilhan Omar's 'Apology' For Anti-Semitism Ends In Disaster

Ryan Saavedra
Daily Wire
Feb 11, 2019

Anti-Semitic Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) tried to apologize for promoting anti-Semitic conspiracy theories over the weekend in a statement released on Monday and ended up promoting her anti-Semitic views even more.

Omar painted herself as a victim of attacks over her "identity," and continued to espouse false anti-Semitic conspiracy theories about AIPAC giving money to members of Congress as she also tried to score political points.

"Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes," Omar wrote. "My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole. We have to always be willing to step back and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me for my identity. This is why I unequivocally apologize."

"At the same time, I reaffirm the problematic role of lobbyists in our politics, whether it be AIPAC, the NRA or the fossil fuel industry," Omar continued. "It's gone on too long and we must be willing to address it."

Omar's attempted apology drew stern criticism online with many notable figures noting that they did not believe her apology was sincere or that she had actually learned anything.

"For her apology to be believed, one would have to believe that she didn’t know of the anti-Semitic trope that Jews use their money to control world politics," The Republican Jewish Coalition tweeted. "Furthermore, she equivocates by saying that she finds pro-Israel advocacy to be problematic. Her apology is not accepted."

"'I apologize for my anti-Semitic comments,'" Ben Shapiro tweeted, mocking Omar's statement. "'Now I shall double down on my anti-Semitic comments, but word them slightly differently.'"

More Here

Gotta love Shapiro!!

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:43 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 12 February 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

Gotta love Shapiro!!

:2up:

#8 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:50 PM

View Postzurg, on 12 February 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

Therefore immune from serious criticism.

Some animals are more equal than others.

#9 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:05 AM

Bring it to Texas, Fatima. We’ll teach you some history, too.

#10 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:51 AM

zurg, on 12 February 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

:exactly:

#11 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

Very hard to apologize for what you truly believe in your heart.

Oki

This post has been edited by oki: 13 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

#12 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:36 AM

here are the three main reasons she won't pay for her inflammatory remarks, ever:

Muslim? Check

Woman of color? Check

Democrat? Check

#13 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:04 AM

Tea Party Hooligan, on 14 February 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

here are the three main reasons she won't pay for her inflammatory remarks, ever:

Muslim? Check

Woman of color? Check

Democrat? Check

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users