RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: LUKE PERRY DEAD AT 52 Never Recovered from 'Massive' Stroke - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LUKE PERRY DEAD AT 52 Never Recovered from 'Massive' Stroke Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

LUKE PERRY DEAD AT 52 Never Recovered from 'Massive' Stroke

https://www.tmz.com
3/4/2019

Article:

10:43 AM PT -- "Riverdale" execs tell TMZ, "Luke was everything you would hope he would be: an incredibly caring, consummate professional with a giant heart, and a true friend to all."

They continue, "A father figure and mentor to the show's young cast, Luke was incredibly generous, and he infused the set with love and kindness. Our thoughts are with Luke's family during this most difficult time."

We're told they've shut down the set for today.

Luke Perry -- the TV icon and heartthrob who rose to fame on "Beverly Hills, 90210" -- has died after suffering a massive stroke ... TMZ has learned.

Luke passed away Monday morning at St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank. According to his rep, Luke was surrounded by his children Jack and Sophie, fiance Wendy Madison Bauer, ex-wife Minnie Sharp, mother Ann Bennett, step-father Steve Bennett, brother Tom Perry, sister Amy Coder, and other close family and friends.

As we first reported, he was rushed to the hospital last Wednesday morning after suffering the stroke while at his Sherman Oaks, CA home. According to the emergency dispatch audio -- obtained by TMZ -- paramedics received a call for a stroke at the residence. We're told when EMTs arrived, he was responsive and talking ... but his condition deteriorated.

His reps said doctors had sedated Luke, hoping to give his brain a fighting chance to recover from the trauma of the stroke ... but apparently, the damage was too extensive.

Full Story

#2 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, he was probably put into a chemical coma and that is what likely did him in.

I have friends and relatives that were needlessly killed by such "medical heroic efforts".

What a damned shame.

I don't know what kind of a guy he was, but 52 is too young to die.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 04 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

I know nothing about Luke Perry. When I saw the pictures of him today on the news accompanying the announcement he'd died, I recognized him as somebody whose picture I'd seen before. That's it - The total sum of my knowledge about him. I've never watched even one episode of "90210" or "Riverside" (or "Riverdale" or "Riverview" or whatever it is.)

Still, 52 is too young.

RIP.

:(

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:26 PM

I grew up watching him on 90210 and then he went on to do other things, including a short but hilarious stint on Hot in Cleveland.

Since I am approaching 54 this year, it always shakes me up when someone younger than I am, seemingly healthy and have everything going for them have something like this happen.

My prayers go out to his family, especially his children.

#5 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:04 PM

While not a fan in anyway, I am aware of who he is, but 52 is just way too young.

On a side note, my biological father died of a massive heart attack at age 46, I believe. I'm past that now, and am very cognizant of my health.

My greatest fear is that one day this will happen to me. This is sad in so many ways. My prayers to his family.

#6 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

fiance Wendy Madison Bauer

Fiancée

#7 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

Genuinely shocked, such sad news.

After 90210, Could have gone the easy Hollywood route and done crap for big bucks, but chose to do smaller (and a damn site more interesting) TV and films. For that, I admire him.

RIP

This post has been edited by scotsman: 04 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

#8 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:10 PM

View Postscotsman, on 04 March 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Genuinely shocked, such sad news.

After 90210, Could have gone the easy Hollywood route and done crap for big bucks, but chose to do smaller (and a damn site more interesting) TV and films. For that, I admire him.

RIP

He had a recurring role on the HBO series Oz, where he played a criminal turned preacher. He met his end on that show in pretty brutal fashion. He was trapped inside a wall as that section of the prison went up in flames. I remember him talking about that role and saying that he received union scale for his work.

#9 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 04 March 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

He had a recurring role on the HBO series Oz, where he played a criminal turned preacher. He met his end on that show in pretty brutal fashion. He was trapped inside a wall as that section of the prison went up in flames. I remember him talking about that role and saying that he received union scale for his work.

Never saw Oz, but watched him in Jeremiah.

#10 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

To lighten the sad news, who can forget his Simpsons cameo, lol.

#11 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:52 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 04 March 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Fiancée

That and why put 'Massive' in quotes?

#12 User is offline   Holland25 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

Yes 52 is young but no one knows someone else's cardiovascular health. He could have bad genetics for very high fats in the blood and if so he could have extensive arterial plaque even at 52. Strokes and heart attacks in the young are more likely to be fatal than in older patients. The reason older people who have developed cardiovascular disease over decades develop collateral circulation, surrounding vessels take some of the load around the blocked vessel. The young have not had the years to develop this secondary circulation and so when they get a blockage the blood has nowhere to go. But there are many other reasons for strokes and heart attacks. That is a significant family medical history for his children to be cautious of going forward.

#13 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:00 PM

View Postcorporal_little, on 04 March 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

That and why put 'Massive' in quotes?

I think 'Massive' is in quotes because the writer is quoting a source like a doctor, first responder, or some rando at the Cheesecake Factory. Like some dipsh!t said "If this true" provides all the cover you need.

#14 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

Such a shame. Way too young. RIP, sir.

Not a fan of 90210, but liked his other work

#15 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:16 PM

I never watched anything of his that I can recall, but I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about him. The reason I know who he is is because a girl I knew in the early 90s who was an aspring actress herself and whom I thought was cute had a big celebrity crush on him. She must be a little sad wherever she is now, and naturally it's way too bad for him and the people with whom he was close.

RIP

#16 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:36 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 04 March 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Fiancée

C'est vrai.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic