RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: House Dems Plan To Introduce Resolution Condemning Anti-Semitic - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

House Dems Plan To Introduce Resolution Condemning Anti-Semitic Comments Amid Omar Controversy Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:52 PM

House Dems Plan To Introduce Resolution Condemning Anti-Semitic Comments Amid Omar Controversy

Fox News
By Andrew O'Reilly, Chad Pergram
4 March 2019

Excerpt:

House Democrats are drafting a resolution condemning anti-Semitism and plan to introduce it on the floor later this week in the wake of controversial comments made by freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn.

While it is not clear whether the resolution will specifically condemn Omarís remarks, a senior House Democratic aide told Fox News that a draft of the resolution was worked on over the weekend by the staff for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi along with those of Reps. Steny Hoyer, D-Md., Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., and Ted Deutch, D-Fla.

Despite only being in Congress since January, Omar has been the center of controversy over numerous remarks sheís made that have been labelled anti-Semitic.

ďI want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country,Ē Omar said in reference to Israel. "I want to ask why is it OK for me to talk about the influence of the NRA, of fossil fuel industries, or big pharma, and not talk about a powerful lobbying movement that is influencing policy."

Amid widespread criticism from a number of Omarís congressional colleagues, the freshman lawmaker chose to double down on her stance.

*snip*

Engel, the chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said on Friday that it was ďunacceptable and deeply offensive to call into question the loyalty of fellow American citizens because of their political views, including support for the U.S.-Israel relationship.Ē

The senior Democratic aide told Fox News that while the text of the resolution is not final, lawmakers plan to present it on Wednesday. The aide added that the resolution was drafted well before the Anti-Defamation League sent a letter to Pelosi requesting a resolution and that the ADL was aware of the resolution before they sent the letter.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:03 AM

If itís open season on everything, then letís talk about the power muslims are building in a land whose constitution is incompatible with their belief system. Letís talk about the power of CAIR, and the insane political correctness we engage in to accommodate Muslim beliefs that simply donít belong in American government.

#3 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:08 AM

If they really want to be serious, make the bitch resign.

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:15 AM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 05 March 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

They haven't run Northam out of Virginia. They let Keith Ellison beat women. These are not serious people.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

She's a Muslim. What did they expect? Sure, I know, I know, there's no legal reason people can't vote a Muslim into public office. It's just that I can't believe people are stupid enough to do so, and then be "surprised" that she behaves like a Muslim. Sheesh Democrats, pay attention to the world around you for once in your lives, f'cryin' out loud.

:rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:11 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 05 March 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

They haven't run Northam out of Virginia. They let Keith Ellison beat women. These are not serious people.

:exactly:

#7 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 March 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

She's a Muslim. What did they expect? Sure, I know, I know, there's no legal reason people can't vote a Muslim into public office. It's just that I can't believe people are stupid enough to do so, and then be "surprised" that she behaves like a Muslim. Sheesh Democrats, pay attention to the world around you for once in your lives, f'cryin' out loud.

:rolleyes:

Leftism, if it's nothing else, is the inability to recognize and anticipate second- and third-order effects of their "desire of the day".

#8 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 05 March 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

Yes, the republicans forced Steve King from his committee assignments for comments he made, yet Omar is still on, ironically, the House Foreign Affairs committee. So, she can spew her racists garbage with impunity, but a white, male, republican is punished for same.

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:15 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 05 March 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

Leftism, if it's nothing else, is the inability to recognize and anticipate second- and third-order effects of their "desire of the day".

Yup. Sadly, we see this fact demonstrated on a daily basis.

<_<

#10 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:25 PM

Sooo.... I wonder how many dead Democrat leaders will magically rise from the grave to vote on this?
Oh that's right, they don't want THOSE dead votes. After all their racism would show.

Oki

#11 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:22 AM

House Democrats are drafting a resolution condemning anti-Semitism and plan to introduce it on the floor later this week in the wake of controversial comments made by freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn.

And as equally meaningful, I just finished doing my laundry. Yay me.

:coffeenpc:

#12 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:07 AM

I don't know which is thicker, the irony or the hypocrisy...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users