RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Critics Say Will Smith Isn't Black Enough To Play Black Man In Upc - RightNation.US

Critics Say Will Smith Isn't Black Enough To Play Black Man In Upc Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

Critics Say Will Smith Isn't Black Enough To Play Black Man In Upcoming Williams Sisters Film

AMANDA PRESTIGIACOMO
Daily Wire
3/5/19

EXCERPT:

Deadline reported Monday that actor Will Smith has been cast to play Serena and Venus Willams' father in a new biopic about the tennis stars, and some leftists are not happy about it. Apparently, Smith, a black man, is not black enough to play Richard Willams.

Sports reporter Clarence Hill Jr., for example, was disappointed about the casting of Smith because "[c]olorism matters."

"Colorism matters...love [W]ill Smith but there are other black actors for this role," said Hill in a tweet posted Monday. The post has racked up well over 2,000 likes.

Colorism matters..love will Smith but there are other black actors for this role https://t.co/qrV1QuBiJH

ó Clarence Hill Jr (@clarencehilljr) March 5, 2019
"Why is he always cast in roles portraying dark skin men like there arenít tons of black actors that would make more sense for the role?" asked another aggrieved Twitter user.

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:16 AM

For anybody who's surprised, don't be. This was inevitable. It's where idiotic crap like 'Identity Politics' has to eventually end up.

<_<

#3 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:32 AM

Colorism matters

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:woot: Maybe they can add some black face to Will?

#4 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• It's OK To Be White
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:36 AM

I love this! :D

Might I recommend the use of a Munsell Color Chart in the casting of future roles?

https://dirtartful.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/75yr_pg.jpg

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 06 March 2019 - 12:37 AM

#5 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:02 AM

My vote would be Robert Downey Jr.

https://www.bet.com/shows/abff-honors/2016/photos/taking-the-stage/life-in-film-robert-downey-jr/_jcr_content/mainCol/imagegallerycontainer/galleryimage_7.custom662fx372fx0xcrop.dimg/__1347993780625/091812-celebs-transformations-robert-downey-jr-tropic-thunder.jpg

(some adult language)

#6 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:07 AM

View PostJunto, on 06 March 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

My vote would be Robert Downey Jr.

https://www.bet.com/shows/abff-honors/2016/photos/taking-the-stage/life-in-film-robert-downey-jr/_jcr_content/mainCol/imagegallerycontainer/galleryimage_7.custom662fx372fx0xcrop.dimg/__1347993780625/091812-celebs-transformations-robert-downey-jr-tropic-thunder.jpg

(some adult language)

Love that movie and the quote but the one thing that drives me nuts is he is walking with the shot gun on his shoulder and the finger in the trigger well. One screwup and his buddies take the shot to the face! Poor trigger discipline!

#7 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:37 AM

View PostModerator T, on 05 March 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

Critics Say Will Smith Isn't Black Enough To Play Black Man In Upcoming Williams Sisters Film

AMANDA PRESTIGIACOMO
Daily Wire
3/5/19

EXCERPT:

Deadline reported Monday that actor Will Smith has been cast to play Serena and Venus Willams' father in a new biopic about the tennis stars, and some leftists are not happy about it. Apparently, Smith, a black man, is not black enough to play Richard Willams.

Sports reporter Clarence Hill Jr., for example, was disappointed about the casting of Smith because "[c]olorism matters."

"Colorism matters...love [W]ill Smith but there are other black actors for this role," said Hill in a tweet posted Monday. The post has racked up well over 2,000 likes.

Colorism matters..love will Smith but there are other black actors for this role https://t.co/qrV1QuBiJH

ó Clarence Hill Jr (@clarencehilljr) March 5, 2019
"Why is he always cast in roles portraying dark skin men like there arenít tons of black actors that would make more sense for the role?" asked another aggrieved Twitter user.

(Full Story)

Huge respect for the tennis skills of the Williams sisters and actually respect both of them very much on a human level (when they aren't dipping into the "victim" well). That being said, I think a bigger challenge will be finding an actress with Serena's behind.

#8 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:46 AM

But he is blue enough to play a genie? Not talented enough, but blue enough.

This is so stupid itís laughable. Do these SJWís even understand what movie making is all about?

Itís about money. Nothing more, nothing less. Movie makers make movies to make money. And movie goers, for whatever reason, pay said money to see Will Smith in movies His casting is based on getting butts in seats.

Itís not like the guy can actually act or anything. He is about as one dimensional as they come. But he gets butts in seats.

And who would want to see drivel about spoiled tennis players? I predict this movie is DOA. Which is another reason they are casting Smith. As popular as he is, his star is starting to fade, so they are able to get a big name for a <censored> movie.

#9 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:03 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 06 March 2019 - 05:07 AM, said:

Love that movie and the quote but the one thing that drives me nuts is he is walking with the shot gun on his shoulder and the finger in the trigger well. One screwup and his buddies take the shot to the face! Poor trigger discipline!

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/uploads/1547560632/gallery_6133_220_8713.jpg

#10 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

I think that emphasized the character's lack of self-awareness. Which is fitting for the topic at hand.

#11 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:03 AM

View PostJerryL, on 06 March 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

Huge respect for the tennis skills of the Williams sisters and actually respect both of them very much on a human level (when they aren't dipping into the "victim" well). That being said, I think a bigger challenge will be finding an actress with Serena's behind.

I think an even bigger challenge would be finding an audience interested enough to watch it.

#12 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:10 AM

That actually caught my eye too. I met a guy when I was a teenager who had a wooden leg - his whole foot and some part of the leg. He was out hunting and the guy walking through the trail in front of/behind him tripped and fell over a root or log and had his finger on the trigger - blew this guy's leg off (or bad enough that it was amputated).

Back before this movie released, I remember there was some faux outrage in comment sections online over why they gave a black man's role to a white guy. I have tried to find an article 10+ years later but all I can find is mild debate over 'blackface'. Reading the title I figured it was Babylon Bee, but apparently people can find any reason to get upset nowadays. "Black man not black enough!"

On the new season of True Detective, one of the lead actors (Mahershala Ali) was nicknamed 'Purple Hays' and is called that a few times. It's a double entendre of sorts as his last name is Hays and Jimi Hendrix's song, but also playing off that idea that he is really black, and that a really black man can appear almost purple. I'm surprised that wasn't attacked.

This post has been edited by Junto: 06 March 2019 - 09:11 AM

#13 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

Absurdity reaches "11" on the meter....

"Colorism"??? What will those zany blacks think of next?

#14 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:47 AM

Just throwin' this out there...

#15 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• M dwarf stars

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:51 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 06 March 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/uploads/1547560632/gallery_6133_220_8713.jpg

Yep, I was walking toward the checkout at Lowes and noticed I had my finger along the frame and "away from the trigger" of a hacksaw I was going to buy.

#16 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:14 AM

Poor will. No Oscar, ain't black enough to a black man and a wife that looked like a partially used tampon on Gotham.

#17 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

View PostMagic Rat, on 06 March 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

I think an even bigger challenge would be finding an audience interested enough to watch it.

I do like watching them play tennis. They are both amazing athletes.

The movie? No thanks.

#18 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:12 PM

What if he 'identifies' as being a darker man than he really is? Isn't that good enough for leftys?

#19 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

That and in the movie Platoon where Bunny's weapon is a shotgun.

#20 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostJunto, on 06 March 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

That actually caught my eye too. I met a guy when I was a teenager who had a wooden leg - his whole foot and some part of the leg. He was out hunting and the guy walking through the trail in front of/behind him tripped and fell over a root or log and had his finger on the trigger - blew this guy's leg off (or bad enough that it was amputated).

Back before this movie released, I remember there was some faux outrage in comment sections online over why they gave a black man's role to a white guy. I have tried to find an article 10+ years later but all I can find is mild debate over 'blackface'. Reading the title I figured it was Babylon Bee, but apparently people can find any reason to get upset nowadays. "Black man not black enough!"

On the new season of True Detective, one of the lead actors (Mahershala Ali) was nicknamed 'Purple Hays' and is called that a few times. It's a double entendre of sorts as his last name is Hays and Jimi Hendrix's song, but also playing off that idea that he is really black, and that a really black man can appear almost purple. I'm surprised that wasn't attacked.

Are you liking season 3? The first season was great but season 2 lost me after a couple of episodes. Going to restart my HBO Go soon to prep for Game of Thrones.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users