RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Hollywood Celebrities Charged - RightNation.US

Hollywood Celebrities Charged In Major College Admissions Scandal Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

Hollywood Celebrities Charged In Major College Admissions Scandal

Forbes
Zack Friedman
March 12, 2019

It reads like a Hollywood screenplay.

Celebrities. CEOs. College Admissions. Allegations of cheating and bribery.

The U.S. Attorney in the District of Massachusetts charged 46 people, including two television stars, CEOs and coaches, in federal court as part of a long-running, nationwide conspiracy to illicitly gain admission for their children to top colleges and universities. Both Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives) and Lori Loughlin (Full House, Fuller House) were charged as part of the alleged scheme, which dates to 2011.

The allegations

According to the unsealed court documents, the allegations include, among others:

-bribing college entrance exam officials to facilitate cheating on college entrance exams;
-bribing coaches and administrators to designate applicants as recruited athletes (when they were not athletes) to gain admission to colleges and universities;
-using a charitable organization to conceal bribery payments;
-having third parties take classes and exams in place of their children and submitting the earned grade as part of the students' college applications;
-submitting falsified applications for admission that contained fraudulently-obtained exam scores, grades, awards and athletic activities

According to Justice Department officials, the most frequent form of fraudulent activities included cheating on SAT or ACT exams, or using connections with Division I coaches to offer fake athletic credentials to gain admission. Some parents allegedly took advantage of one of these activities, while others took advantage of both.

More Here

#2 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

It's going to be interesting as to what sports are involved. I think women's soccer, tennis, crew and various other glam games will be prominent.

#3 User is offline   MikeTexas 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

Honestly does anyone think that anyone will be sentenced to any time? They will pay what has been called "stupid" money which they have mountains of. No big deal, nothing to see here.

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

Lori Loughlinís daughter:
ďI donít know how much of school Iím going to attend. Iím going talk to my deans, and hope I can balance it all. I do want experience of like game days, partyingÖI donít really care about school."
Link

$500,000. her parents paid.

#5 User is offline   linewinder 

• Ichi Go Ni
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostLadybird, on 12 March 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Lori Loughlin’s daughter:
“I don’t know how much of school I’m going to attend. I’m going talk to my deans, and hope I can balance it all. I do want experience of like game days, partying…I don’t really care about school."
Link

And some people are surprised that her parents had to bribe people to get her into a college.

This post has been edited by linewinder: 12 March 2019 - 02:31 PM

#6 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

ďI donít know how much of school Iím going to attend. Iím going talk to my deans, and hope I can balance it all. I do want experience of like game days, partyingÖI donít really care about school."
Link

Oh great. Another AOC in the making.

#7 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Link

So....white privilege...fail?

#8 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 12 March 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Oh great. Another AOC in the making.

:exactly:

You have just got to know that people as extremely stupid as she is never made it through college without something being rigged?

#9 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

We all know the elites know how we should live, but none of it pertains to them. They are special and if you don't believe it, ask them. I agree with MikeTexas. Nothing will happen.

#10 User is online   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

View PostMikeTexas, on 12 March 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

Honestly does anyone think that anyone will be sentenced to any time? They will pay what has been called "stupid" money which they have mountains of. No big deal, nothing to see here.

Too true it's Massachusetts after all.

#11 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:16 PM

View PostCoach, on 12 March 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

It's going to be interesting as to what sports are involved. I think women's soccer, tennis, crew and various other glam games will be prominent.

All so parents can say, "My kid just got accepted to Wassamatta U" or wherever.

#12 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:50 AM

Obama familyís tennis coach among dozens charged in college admissions scheme

What did they know and when did they know it? Maybe the Obama's are connected to this tennis mafioso. Let's dig into all their financial transactions going back 20 years. /sarc

#13 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:27 AM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 12 March 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

We all know the elites know how we should live, but none of it pertains to them. They are special and if you don't believe it, ask them. I agree with MikeTexas. Nothing will happen.

Yep...

#14 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:43 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 12 March 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

All so parents can say, "My kid just got accepted to Wassamatta U" or wherever.

:yeahthat:

Ben Shapiro articulates it better than I can, though:

The question is why. Both these families are wealthy. The children of these families werenít going to lack for opportunity in life. Furthermore, isnít college designed to train people for the real world? Wouldnít admission under false pretenses result in the kids flunking out? Wouldnít their lack of merit be revealed by the simple pressure of the schooling?

The answer is obvious: no, it wouldnít. Colleges arenít about training kids for the real world, or teaching them significant modes of thinking, or examining timeless truths. Universities arenít about skill sets, either Ė at least in the humanities. Theyíre about two things: credentialism and social connections.

In our society, there is an easy way to be perceived as intellectually meritorious: point to your degree. Those with a college degree all-too-often sneer at those without one, as though lack of a college degree were an indicator of innate ability or future lack of success. That simply isnít true. But for generations, the widespread perception has been that the smartest kids go to college Ė and that the relative merit of each college confers a similar level of merit on the students. A student who goes to Yale is smarter than one who goes to junior college. This provides a lifelong advantage: employers are willing to take more chances on those who earn a Yale degree than those who went to junior college, for example.

Then thereís social connection. Social institutions in the United States have been fading over time. Churches used to provide us our chief means of social connection. Colleges now do. JD Vance writes in Hillbilly Elegy that admission to Yale Law School granted him social capital: ďthe networks of people and institutions around us have real economic value.Ē They also have social value. We often get jobs from friends, or from friends of friends. The social circles in which we travel matter. Thatís true for those born rich as well as those born poor.

Hereís the problem: neither of these priorities actually demands that universities teach anything. Credentialism occurs upon admission, so long as you arenít thrown out of school; social capital begins to accrue with presence, not with performance. Hence colleges watering down curricula and grades in order to make it easier to credential, and to generate less friction. Thatís what students and parents demand: not skills, not education, but credentialism and social capital.

#15 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:46 AM

View PostRock N, on 12 March 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

:exactly:

You have just got to know that people as extremely stupid as she is never made it through college without something being rigged?

They both no doubt voted for Hillary! At least Lori did...

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 13 March 2019 - 04:49 AM

#16 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:11 AM

Why stop at seven agents? Hell, just send Delta Force. If youíre going to go big, then you might as well go all-out.

LINK

Interesting. It looks like they gave Huffman the Roger Stone treatment. 7 FBI agents at 6 AM with guns drawn? :o

#17 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:27 AM

Link

There's an old saying, something about "fools and their money..."

#18 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:36 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 13 March 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

Interesting. It looks like they gave Huffman the Roger Stone treatment. 7 FBI agents at 6 AM with guns drawn? :o

Just like with Stone, every American should be outraged at this over use of force by the FBI. Something has got to give.

#19 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:20 AM

View Posterp, on 13 March 2019 - 05:36 AM, said:

Just like with Stone, every American should be outraged at this over use of force by the FBI. Something has got to give.

Yeah, I agree. When I heard about it, I thought they were "acting stupidly".

#20 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:05 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 13 March 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

Yeah, when I saw that I got a real laugh, then thought, Hmm... They did this to Stone and nobody on the left thought less of Mueller. Now that they've gone after open leftards from Hollywood, it's going to be blamed on Trump abusing his power and weaponizing the FBI against his 'political' enemies...

The world is just so curious, isn't it?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users