RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Hispanics Rally To Trump, Boosting His 2020 Chances - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hispanics Rally To Trump, Boosting His 2020 Chances Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:31 AM

Hispanics Rally To Trump, Boosting His 2020 Chances

RealClearPolitics
By Steve Cortes
April 02, 2019

Excerpt:

Get ready for the anti-Trump “resistance” to go truly loco, because new polling data indicates Hispanic support for the president is swelling, a trend that could seal his 2020 re-election victory.

When I helped lead the Trump Hispanic Advisory Council in 2016, our effort was widely derided by skeptics certain that the narrative of Trump as anti-Latino would doom his candidacy, particularly in heavily Hispanic states like Florida. But that November, Hispanics saw through the media smears and Trump massively outperformed dour expectations, actually surpassing Mitt Romney’s 2012 percentage among Latino voters.

Since then, prospects have only improved – most importantly for the overall well-being of America’s Hispanic citizens, but also for the political prognosis of President Trump. So much good news erupted last week for the president with the conclusion of the Mueller inquiry that stunning new polling data was largely glossed over. McLaughlin & Associates revealed that Hispanic approval for Trump in March jumped to 50%. This number matched the January Marist/NPR/PBS survey that shocked cynics with its own 50% approval finding. Even if those polls are too aggressive, February’s Morning Consult/Politico poll showed Trump’s Hispanic approval vaulting to a still-impressive 45%.

What explains this stunning trend? I see three key factors:

The Economy – Hispanics neither desire nor expect a laundry list of deliverables from government, but rather seek the conditions to advance and prosper independently. As the most statistically entrepreneurial demographic in America, Hispanics have thrived amid the Trump boom as regulatory and tax relief unleashes a small business surge. Every American benefits from this new dynamism, but Hispanics most of all. For example, the Hispanic jobless rate has now been below 5% for the last 11 months; prior to the Trump presidency, it had only been below 5% for one month ever (in 2006). In addition, jobs are paying more. Wage growth has finally ramped higher for all Americans, but especially for Hispanics, who now welcome wage growth far above workers on the whole. The American manufacturing renaissance drives much of this resurgence, as on-shoring, better trade deals, and rising optimism made 2018 the best year for factory jobs since the 1990s.

Immigration – Leftist politicians and their media allies wrongly assume that Hispanics espouse softness on immigration illegality. In reality, a 2018 YouGov/Economist poll detailed that only 20% of Hispanics support the practice of “catch and release” of families crossing our border illegally. Indeed, Hispanic Americans often suffer the worst, most immediate consequences of porous borders. Too often, Hispanic workers must compete against unfair, illegal labor. In addition, dangerous illegal aliens largely terrorize Hispanic citizens. The tragic tales of MS-13 savagery, for example, normally involve Hispanic victims like Carlos Rivas-Majano, one of 27 people killed by the gang on Long Island, N.Y., in just the past three years. While elites like wannabe-Hispanic Robert Francis O’Rourke pontificate about open borders and tearing down existing border walls, the actual on-the-ground consequences flow to people with names like Hernandez, Cabrera, and Cortes. Hispanic Americans have suffered too many totally preventable losses, such as slain Arizona police Sgt. Brandon Mendoza and young Los Angeles mother Sandra Duran, both murdered by illegal aliens living in America despite multiple prior arrests in the United States.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:39 AM

Yup, legal Mexicans & other Hispanics have the most to lose with the leftist open-border policies. I'm surprised they aren't all staunch Trump supporters.

B)

#3 User is online   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:39 PM

:pray:

Which makes Beta O'Male's pathetic, transparent pandering all the more pathetic

#4 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:33 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 03 April 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

Yup, legal Mexicans & other Hispanics have the most to lose with the leftist open-border policies. I'm surprised they aren't all staunch Trump supporters.

B)

To put it simply in many cases you have one legal resident at the residence and everything is in their name.
I have known or met a number of people from south of the border who came here legally, are U.S. citizens (etc) who are livid over illegal immigration. You will not find a better, prouder, more grateful, and love of country bunch.
When ever I met them, I always thank them for doing everything right, working hard, assimilating, and supporting this nation.

Oki

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:27 PM

View Postoki, on 04 April 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

To put it simply in many cases you have one legal resident at the residence and everything is in their name.
I have known or met a number of people from south of the border who came here legally, are U.S. citizens (etc) who are livid over illegal immigration. You will not find a better, prouder, more grateful, and love of country bunch.
When ever I met them, I always thank them for doing everything right, working hard, assimilating, and supporting this nation.

Oki

Yup, same here; Every legal immigrant I know (including latinos) despises the illegals.

B)

#6 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:17 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 April 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Yup, same here; Every legal immigrant I know (including latinos) despises the illegals.

B)

One aspect a lot of people miss is how difficult it makes life for legal immigrants. Not just from a legal/residence aspect but also for seeking work. All to often a Legal Hispanic person while seeking a job is more a less treated or viewed like an illegal by a P.O.S. employer. IE wages under the table which are far less than a normal going rate for a legal resident.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users