RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Clarence Thomas Says He'll Be On Supreme Court For Another 30 Year - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clarence Thomas Says He'll Be On Supreme Court For Another 30 Year Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:03 AM

Clarence Thomas Says He'll Be On Supreme Court For Another 30 Years

Washington Examiner
by Katelyn Caralle
April 03, 2019 09:00 AM

[Too short to excerpt]

Justice Clarence Thomas has been on the Supreme Court for 27 years - and now says he wants to serve another three decades.

Im not retiring, Thomas, 70, a staunch conservative, said at Pepperdine University School of Law, Law360 reported. Thomas was responding to a question about who he would want to speak at his retirement party in 20 years.

When the moderator expanded the retirement timeline to 30 years in the future, Thomas did not budge. That would bring Thomas up to an 100 years old. The longest-serving Supreme Court justice was William O. Douglas who was on the court for 36 years and seven months from 1939 to 1975.
Subscribe to our expanded print magazine for more politics, deeper culture, better access

There were no signs Thomas was considering retiring from the Supreme Court but some had speculated that he could leave the bench while President Trump was still in the White House so a new conservative justice could be nominated.

Thomas was picked by President George H. W. Bush in 1991 when Thurgood Marshall, a liberal and the first black Supreme Court justice - Thomas was the second - retired.

Link

#2 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:38 AM

Yeah.... I love Justice Thomas, but I'd love him even more if he retired while we had a Republican Senate and President.

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:19 PM

View PostModerator T, on 04 April 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

Yeah.... I love Justice Thomas, but I'd love him even more if he retired while we had a Republican Senate and President.

:exactly:

So he can be replaced with a much younger solid conservative constitutionalist who will be around a very long time. :yes:

#4 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:25 PM

How about for another 40 years. :thumbsup:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users