RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen Resigns After Clashes With Trump On Imm - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen Resigns After Clashes With Trump On Imm Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:25 PM

DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen Resigns After Clashes With Trump On Immigration

CBS News
By Paula Reid
Updated on: April 7, 2019, 7:28 PM

<Excerpt>

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen abruptly resigned Sunday, as the president continues to fume over continued illegal border crossings. CBS News first reported Nielsen's impending departure, which Mr. Trump confirmed in a tweet after a 5 p.m. meeting with Nielsen at the White House.

Nielsen's resignation is effective immediately. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan will serve as acting DHS secretary, Mr. Trump announced.

"Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen will be leaving her position, and I would like to thank her for her service," Mr. Trump tweeted Sunday. "...I am pleased to announce that Kevin McAleenan, the current U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner, will become Acting Secretary for @DHSgov. I have confidence that Kevin will do a great job!"

Nielsen's departure is a part of a massive DHS overhaul engineered and directed by top Trump adviser Stephen Miller, according to a senior U.S. official. It's unclear whether Nielsen is deciding to leave voluntarily, or whether she has been pressured to resign.

But Nielsen's tenure since she was confirmed in December 2017 has at times been rocky, with the president taking some of his frustrations over illegal immigration out on her. Questions about whether she might leave have swirled for months. But she was by the president's side on Friday in Calexico, California, as Mr. Trump pushed for a crackdown on illegal immigration and the need for a border wall.

"This afternoon I submitted my resignation to @POTUS and thanked him for the opportunity to serve in his administration. It's been an honor of a lifetime to serve with the brave men and women of @DHSgov," Nielsen wrote in her resignation letter, which she tweeted Sunday evening. "I could not be prouder of and more humbled by their service, dedication, and commitment to keep our country safe from all threats and hazards."

Nielsen's announced exit comes two days after Mr. Trump announced he wants to go in a "tougher" direction in his nomination for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) director, after originally announcing Ron Vitiello would head ICE. Nielsen's departure also means acting heads will soon be running DHS, the Pentagon and the U.S. Department of the Interior. Nielsen has also been one of only four women serving in Cabinet-level positions in the Trump administration, the others being Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, CIA Director Gina Haspel and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

One U.S. official told CBS News is it unlikely McAleenan would be nominated as Nielsen's permanent replacement. It's unclear whether he would have to resign as CBP commissioner to take the job, and whether the line of succession at DHS would even allow for such a personnel move. Those legal issues would need to be sorted out.

<snip>

Full Article

This post has been edited by Liz: 07 April 2019 - 09:52 PM
Reason for edit: Edited to conform to posting guidelines

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:59 PM

Oh Boy! If Miller is behind this as the paper reports then it's going to be hard core from this point forward. No more of this kinder gentler stuff.

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:36 PM

One more thing that I've always liked about Trump is that he is quick to get rid of and replace any loose/defective cogs and gears within his machine!

You're fired! :D

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 07 April 2019 - 09:37 PM

#4 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:09 AM

Bye Felicia!

#5 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

President Trump, please build the wall.

The Dems want drones. All drones do is see illegal activity and then border patrol agents have to confront those people and they may have machine guns.

Just build the wall so it will protect our border patrol agents and our country.

The drones are a great way to kill Taliban or ISIS, but not good at the border.

#6 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:10 PM

She's out along with 3 other senior leaders in DHS and the director of the Secret Service

#7 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:50 AM

Still in first term. I know I am in the minority of those who feel that his constant shakeups do not signal good things. We are talking most of his senior people turned over in less than a term. Did he not know one person who was not a « Jeff Sessions » anywhere?

Either the people he appoints are way less competent than he sold them to be or it is he, himself.

#8 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

View PostJerryL, on 09 April 2019 - 12:50 AM, said:

Still in first term. I know I am in the minority of those who feel that his constant shakeups do not signal good things. We are talking most of his senior people turned over in less than a term. Did he not know one person who was not a « Jeff Sessions » anywhere?

Either the people he appoints are way less competent than he sold them to be or it is he, himself.

And what's your opinion about Lincoln sacking all those commanders of the Army of The Potomac?

#9 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostBerkeleyUnderground, on 09 April 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

And what's your opinion about Lincoln sacking all those commanders of the Army of The Potomac?

Are you equating Lincoln sacking ineffective army commanders with senior people deciding in significant numbers to not serve in the Trump administration...to not even complete a term of office with him?

If you can show how they are related I will be happy to comment.

#10 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

View PostJerryL, on 09 April 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Are you equating Lincoln sacking ineffective army commanders...[with President Trump asking for the resignation of people who weren't able to accomplish what he wanted them to do]?

Hell, yes!

#11 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:41 PM

View PostJerryL, on 09 April 2019 - 12:50 AM, said:

Still in first term. I know I am in the minority of those who feel that his constant shakeups do not signal good things. We are talking most of his senior people turned over in less than a term. Did he not know one person who was not a « Jeff Sessions » anywhere?

It might be partly that, it might be partly the "Deep State" selling these people to Trump, it might partly "Culture Shock" and why I'm not generally a fan of people with (only) business or military experience - even as leaders - moving into politics.

Problem is, being a "leader" in the military or corporate world in one thing. But it's completely different than being a political leader. In the Military or Corporate world, by and large, there's much greater latitude in getting rid of the sad sacks, schemers, etc. At the very least, either transfer them out of your unit or business unit or "pencil whip" them until they go voluntarily. That's really just "management" skills, that can be learned and/or taught...I wouldn't want to even TRY to count the number of business books that have been written on the subject.

Yes, there's 'politics' in both business and military worlds, there's no denying it. But that's amateur hour. And, yes, of course, when you're the boss there's any number of people below you that are POSITIVE they could do your job better than you can. It goes with the territory. But, like I say, if any one crosses the line into 'troublemaker' territory, it's simple: fire them or transfer their ass so that they enter the "SEP Field" as sci-fi author Douglas Adams once put it. "Someone Else's Problem".

"Culture Shock": First foray into politics was as an assistant to county commissioner Lou Treadway ® Orange Co FL 1980s. Holy Crap. Lou had some good ideas. Heck, *I* had some good ideas that I could contribute. And it's just a matter of "selling it", right??? Put the ideas out there, and reasonable people will make the right choices?

No. It's not that sample. START with the fact that anyone not of your party is going to be AGAINST you for that simple reason. Lou was an R. I was an R (at the time, now I'm an R-leaning 'I'). Can't think of a single D in the entire county who might have even considered that either of us knew a thing or two. A couple of in-laws have been school board in Indiana, their stories are very much similar

And that was at the "County" level. I'll hazard a guess that it's an order of magnitude greater at STATE level and a second order of magnitude greater at the FEDERAL level?

Heck, don't take MY work for it. Just ask Col. Allen West who was once rep for the same district I've thought of running for.

#12 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

I agree with you, Smithee. That's why for all of his flaws, PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump is the right person in the right place at the right time. Some MSNBC talking head said that Trump is wrong because "he doesn't know how Washington works". Which is correct. And Trump is trashing the whole corrupt system which our Founders warned us about.

#13 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:38 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 09 April 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

I agree with you, Smithee. That's why for all of his flaws, PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump is the right person in the right place at the right time. Some MSNBC talking head said that Trump is wrong because "he doesn't know how Washington works". Which is correct. And Trump is trashing the whole corrupt system which our Founders warned us about.

First, I voted for DJT and would do so again.
Second, I am largely happy with what he has done. No one is perfect but he is doing an admirable job.
Third, almost ALL of his major Cabinet selections have been fired, encouraged to resign, or resigned when we are barely past the halfway point of what I hope to be his 1st term. Some have been insiders, others definitely not. If this doesn’t concern you, fine. It does concern me.

#14 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:40 PM

View PostBerkeleyUnderground, on 09 April 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hell, yes!

Me too, but that is not the case here.

What I meant to say and failed horribly was are you equating people quitting with Lincoln firing ineffective army commanders?

#15 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:00 PM

View PostJerryL, on 09 April 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

Second, I am largely happy with what he has done. No one is perfect but he is doing an admirable job.
Third, almost ALL of his major Cabinet selections have been fired, encouraged to resign, or resigned when we are barely past the halfway point of what I hope to be his 1st term. Some have been insiders, others definitely not. If this doesn’t concern you, fine. It does concern me.

It concerns me too, but when I think about the reasons why this has happened, I've got several possibilities that could contribute to that:
- Trump’s fault
- Deep state operatives infesting more of the Washington apparatus than we’d like to believe
- Tons of opposition research and smearing (by the left) affecting the selection
- Own side nevertrumpers
- I’m sure other options exist....

#16 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:17 PM

View Postzurg, on 09 April 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

It concerns me too, but when I think about the reasons why this has happened, I've got several possibilities that could contribute to that:
- Trump’s fault
- Deep state operatives infesting more of the Washington apparatus than we’d like to believe
- Tons of opposition research and smearing (by the left) affecting the selection
- Own side nevertrumpers
- I’m sure other options exist....

I never said that Trump was at fault for everything. I am sure there are a myriad of reasons. However, some people won’t even entertain the thought that Trump may be at fault for some if it.

Top people like Mattis, Kelly and Barber leaving in the middle of a term.
Others like Sessions and McMasters and Flynn who you (I) ask WTF right off the bat. Then there was Omarosa (or whatever) and Spicer who should never have been near the jobs they were in.

I just feel that with all he has done, imagine how much he could have done if he didn’t have the constant shakeups.

#17 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostJerryL, on 09 April 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

I think PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump, like the rest of us, underestimated just how deep and slimy the Establishment is. The media-entertainment cabal excused 0bama's first two years as "a learning curve". I will extend the same courtesy to Trump.

#18 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

id say the more long term dont want to make a change goverment employees fired the better. you dont change a biz or anything by replacing the janitor. I'll hold my judgement

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users