RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Queen Elizabeth Invites President Donald Trump For An Official State - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Queen Elizabeth Invites President Donald Trump For An Official State Visit To Celebrate 75th Anniversary Of D-Day Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:59 AM

Queen Elizabeth Invites President Donald Trump For An Official State Visit To Celebrate 75th Anniversary Of D-Day

The Daily Wire
By Emily Zanotti
April 8, 2019

Excerpt:

The United Kingdom has been stingy with its state visits since Donald Trump became president, but it seems Queen Elizabeth II is willing to make an exception, even amid the Brexit crisis, to welcome Trump for the 75th anniversary of D-Day on June 6th.

People Magazine reports that "after much back and forth," the Queen has settled on welcoming the president, now more than two years into his term, to mark the success of Operation Overlord and the massive joint invasion that started the Allies down the path to victory in World War II.

Donald Trump may even get to ride in a carriage down London's mall to Buckingham Palace accompanied by members of the Queen's Household Cavalry to mark the occasion. He may also get a gun salute and an invitation to an official State dinner at the palace, held in the ballroom, per Metro.

The White House and Buckingham Palace are still ironing out the details, but a formal announcement is expected later this week. Trump is expected to follow up that visit with a jaunt to the northern coast of France, where he will take part in the official D-Day 75 festivities.

This will be the first official state visit to the UK for President Trump, but not his first visit. That came in 2018, when Trump traveled to London on a series of official engagements with UK lawmakers and trade representatives. On that visit, Trump and his wife, Melania, were welcomed to Buckingham Palace for tea with the Queen but did not take part in any banquets.

His visit was mostly marked by protests, including the underwhelming debut of a "Baby Trump" air balloon.

This time, Trump will visit again with the UK's Prime Minister Theresa May, but will also spend a few days meeting with other members of the British government, including controversial Labor leader Jeremy Corbyn, who is not a fan of the Trump administration.

If the visit with one of the United States' most treasured allies seems late in coming, that's because it is. Trump has been scheduled to make an official state visit to the United Kingdom since he was elected in 2016, but plans for the meetup were repeatedly shelved, and not just by U.K. leaders.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:33 AM

I have a feeling that Trump will deliver a pretty damn good speech and of coarse continue to pi$$ certain people off. For his many faults, one of them is NOT holding back and saying what needs to be said, politically correct or not.

Oki

#3 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:30 PM

And you just know that he will bring a proper gift. Not an ipod of himself.

#4 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

The United Kingdom has been stingy with its state visits since Donald Trump became president, but it seems Queen Elizabeth II is willing to make an exception, even amid the Brexit crisis, to welcome Trump for the 75th anniversary of D-Day on June 6th.

Wow!

...the 75th anniversary.

Cool!

Very cool!

#5 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:30 PM

View PostBerkeleyUnderground, on 09 April 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Wow!

...the 75th anniversary.

Cool!

Very cool!

It would have been cooler if we never had to observe the anniversary of the most destructive war in history which also set us down the path of globalism.

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 09 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

#6 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:35 PM

View Posterp, on 09 April 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

If I were Trump I would give 2 gifts, a gag (Gold plated I phone with Gold cased T) and a real gift.

#7 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:49 PM

Of course you all already know that the democraps (who are the kings of all draft dodgers) will cry that Trump is a draft dodger and shouldn't be there to honor those who've served?

#8 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:50 PM

View Posterp, on 09 April 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Or DVD movies in the wrong format that won't play on European DVD players? :lol:

#9 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:00 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 09 April 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

It would have been cooler if we never had to observe the anniversary of the most destructive war in history which also set us down the path of globalism.

World War I set us down the path of globalism. Actually the idea of globalism has been around since well before then.

#10 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:14 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 09 April 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

If I were Trump I would give 2 gifts, a gag (Gold plated I phone with Gold cased T) and a real gift.

Maybe like a collection of his own speeches?

#11 User is online   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:29 PM

That screeching that you hear are the throws of leftists in the UK and the US howling in impotent fury :)

#12 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:15 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 April 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

Of course you all already know that the democraps (who are the kings of all draft dodgers) will cry that Trump is a draft dodger and shouldn't be there to honor those who've served?

:yeahthat:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users