RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: JerryL - RightNation.US

Jump to content

JerryL Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 58,631
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:10 PM

Mods - It's OK that I've used JerryL's name as the thread title, and that I'm mentioning him in this opening post. You see, he just left here, and gave me permission.

That's right, one and all: JerryL and his beautiful wife just came here to Blaine to visit me and my girlfriend! He PM'd me a couple days ago and asked if I'd be home this weekend, and if it would be OK to drop by for a visit. I told him it was not only "OK", but it would be a great birthday present. Today is my birthday and I just couldn't think of any better birthday present. So they came here today and took us out for a nice dinner (at Paso del Norte!) Then we came to our apartment and I played a few songs for them on the guitar. They were kinda jet-lagged so I didn't wanna keep them up all night. So we just dropped them off at the motel and rushed back home so I could start this thread.

They're both very cool people; very fun to be around, very intelligent, just plain good people. I'm proud to call them friends.

B)
0

#2 User is offline   JerryL 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 12,629
  • Joined: 06-October 03

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:24 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 13 April 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

Mods - It's OK that I've used JerryL's name as the thread title, and that I'm mentioning him in this opening post. You see, he just left here, and gave me permission.

That's right, one and all: JerryL and his beautiful wife just came here to Blaine to visit me and my girlfriend! He PM'd me a couple days ago and asked if I'd be home this weekend, and if it would be OK to drop by for a visit. I told him it was not only "OK", but it would be a great birthday present. Today is my birthday and I just couldn't think of any better birthday present. So they came here today and took us out for a nice dinner (at Paso del Norte!) Then we came to our apartment and I played a few songs for them on the guitar. They were kinda jet-lagged so I didn't wanna keep them up all night. So we just dropped them off at the motel and rushed back home so I could start this thread.

They're both very cool people; very fun to be around, very intelligent, just plain good people. I'm proud to call them friends.

B)

We had a great time. Monty is as ę†larger than life†Ľ in real life as he is here, but super grounded and heart as big as his persona. His GF is a super lady. We had a great time tonight for Montyís b-day!

Lovely area. Lovely people! We will be back!

This post has been edited by JerryL: 13 April 2019 - 11:24 PM

0

#3 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

  • Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 17,309
  • Joined: 13-November 03

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

Happy Birthday, Monty! And how very special to get to spend it with friends from here! Enjoy, all!
0

#4 User is offline   Hieronymous 

  • Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 9,136
  • Joined: 16-April 09

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:48 PM

Happy Birthday! Gotta love the Paso Del Norte reference too. Real cool that you two had a chance to meet.
0

#5 User is offline   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 28,868
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:53 PM

Happy Bday from Florida as well, about as far as possible in the contiguous 48.

(I must admit that Iím relieved this was a Bday thread....last time someone was named in the title, things hadnít turned out very well....)
0

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 58,631
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 13 April 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

Happy Birthday, Monty! And how very special to get to spend it with friends from here! Enjoy, all!


Yup, had a great time.


View PostHieronymous, on 13 April 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

Happy Birthday! Gotta love the Paso Del Norte reference too. Real cool that you two had a chance to meet.


Yeah, LOL, we could've gone anywhere, but we thought Paso del Norte would be fun just because of old threads...


View Postzurg, on 13 April 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

Happy Bday from Florida as well, about as far as possible in the contiguous 48.

(I must admit that Iím relieved this was a Bday thread....last time someone was named in the title, things hadnít turned out very well....)


We just wish they could stay for a week. But nope, they're leaving town in the morning, and we're going to Lynden for church, so we only got to visit this one time. Still it was great. We look forward to another visit, hopefully soon.

B)
0

#7 User is offline   Liz 

  • ***-----------***
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 51,566
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:21 AM

Happy Birthday, Monty, and how nice that you and your girlfriend were able to meet and spend some time with Jerry and his wife.
0

#8 User is offline   Junto 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,007
  • Joined: 19-January 06

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:49 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 13 April 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

Mods - It's OK that I've used JerryL's name as the thread title, and that I'm mentioning him in this opening post. You see, he just left here, and gave me permission.

That's right, one and all: JerryL and his beautiful wife just came here to Blaine to visit me and my girlfriend! He PM'd me a couple days ago and asked if I'd be home this weekend, and if it would be OK to drop by for a visit. I told him it was not only "OK", but it would be a great birthday present. Today is my birthday and I just couldn't think of any better birthday present. So they came here today and took us out for a nice dinner (at Paso del Norte!) Then we came to our apartment and I played a few songs for them on the guitar. They were kinda jet-lagged so I didn't wanna keep them up all night. So we just dropped them off at the motel and rushed back home so I could start this thread.

They're both very cool people; very fun to be around, very intelligent, just plain good people. I'm proud to call them friends.

B)

Had me on the edge of my seat at first, with the title and second sentence. I thought something bad had happened and we lost another of our own. I was relieved to see it was so much happier a tale than that! Happy Birthday Monty!
0

#9 User is offline   JerryL 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 12,629
  • Joined: 06-October 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:55 AM

View PostJunto, on 14 April 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

Had me on the edge of my seat at first, with the title and second sentence. I thought something bad had happened and we lost another of our own. I was relieved to see it was so much happier a tale than that! Happy Birthday Monty!

Nope...still this side of the turf line!! God is good!

Just a nice evening with someone I have known for almost 20 years but just met tonight.

My wife and I had a great evening. We even drove by the original Paso del Norte!

View Postzurg, on 13 April 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

Happy Bday from Florida as well, about as far as possible in the contiguous 48.

(I must admit that Iím relieved this was a Bday thread....last time someone was named in the title, things hadnít turned out very well....)

Still here Zurg!!
0

#10 User is offline   That_Guy 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,626
  • Joined: 02-September 06

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:07 AM

Thatís awesome - mazel tov!
0

#11 User is offline   Junto 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,007
  • Joined: 19-January 06

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:08 AM

View Postzurg, on 13 April 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

Happy Bday from Florida as well, about as far as possible in the contiguous 48.

(I must admit that I’m relieved this was a Bday thread....last time someone was named in the title, things hadn’t turned out very well....)

Man, we are like twins separated at birth or something. I totally didn't see your post until Jerry quoted it along with mine.

(especially starting at 1:35...also mild adult language throughout)

This post has been edited by Junto: 14 April 2019 - 01:09 AM

0

#12 User is offline   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 28,868
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:13 AM

View PostJerryL, on 14 April 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

Nope...still this side of the turf line!! God is good!

Just a nice evening with someone I have known for almost 20 years but just met tonight.

My wife and I had a great evening. We even drove by the original Paso del Norte!


Still here Zurg!!

:thumbsup:

View PostJunto, on 14 April 2019 - 01:08 AM, said:

Man, we are like twins separated at birth or something. I totally didn't see your post until Jerry quoted it along with mine.

:thumbsup:
0

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 58,631
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:25 AM

View PostLiz, on 14 April 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

Happy Birthday, Monty, and how nice that you and your girlfriend were able to meet and spend some time with Jerry and his wife.


Jerry's wife is a beautiful, nice, wonderful, intelligent lady. Only problem was that I tend to talk a lot and talk kinda fast, LOL, and since French is her native language she had a hard time keeping up with me; hard time understanding. I'll try to remember in future visits to slow down a little bit, LOL.


View PostJunto, on 14 April 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

Had me on the edge of my seat at first, with the title and second sentence. I thought something bad had happened and we lost another of our own. I was relieved to see it was so much happier a tale than that! Happy Birthday Monty!


God forbid! Jerry's a really good guy, and the world would be a lot more empty without him.

And thanks, I had a very good birthday. I'm still enjoying the bottle of Woodford Reserve whiskey he brought me for my birthday present.

*burp*

;)

View PostThat_Guy, on 14 April 2019 - 01:07 AM, said:

Thatís awesome - mazel tov!


Yup, I've had a great birthday. Great food, great whiskey, great time, but best of all, great to finally meet somebody I've known online for many years. He's even better in person than he is here at RN.

:2up:
0

#14 User is offline   donsaliman 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 2,917
  • Joined: 19-March 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:35 AM

Monty

Happy Birthday, with nothing but happiness and healthhttp://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif
0

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 58,631
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:52 AM

View Postdonsaliman, on 14 April 2019 - 01:35 AM, said:

Monty

Happy Birthday, with nothing but happiness and healthhttp://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif


Thanks Don! I've had a very good birthday. And it's not over for 8 more minutes!

:woohoo:
0

#16 User is offline   grimreefer 

  • U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,897
  • Joined: 18-December 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:14 AM

Just got our internet back up on the ship, for how long we have no idea, so happy birthday Monty. :usabiker:


Cool to hear about members meeting up. :thumbsup:
0

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 58,631
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:15 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 14 April 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

Just got our internet back up on the ship, for how long we have no idea, so happy birthday Monty. :usabiker:


Cool to hear about members meeting up. :thumbsup:


:2up:

Edited to add: But it's not my birthday anymore :( Ended 16 minutes ago.

:shrug:

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 14 April 2019 - 02:16 AM

0

#18 User is offline   Howsithangin 

  • The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 28,326
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:03 AM

Bibs kumpleanos Monty!

Nice to hear about your surprise guests!
0

#19 User is offline   NH Populist 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,580
  • Joined: 30-April 18

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:03 AM

Good stuff! Happy belated birthday Monty, with age comes wisdom and yours is always appreciated around here... :thumbsup:
0

#20 User is offline   erp 

  • Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 38,032
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:47 AM

Happy belated birthday, Monty!! And what a great thread to wake up and read!!!
0

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users