RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: PRAGER: Are Women Malcontents? - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PRAGER: Are Women Malcontents? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

  • U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,897
  • Joined: 18-December 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:11 AM

Quote

PRAGER: Are Women Malcontents?

The Daily Wire
By Dennis Prager
April 13, 2019

excerpt:

I have decided to finally read what is widely regarded as the literary work that unleashed the modern feminist movement, Betty Friedan's "The Feminine Mystique."

I am halfway through the book, and I find it to be a well-written cri de coeur (cry from the heart). Historically speaking, there was always much to lament regarding the status of women. Though I have none of the contempt Friedan has for "housewifery," her description of women who felt they had no sense of self because they were only someone's wife and some children's mother is emotionally compelling.

But a big and troubling thought hit me while reading the book. In the 56 years since "The Feminine Mystique" was published, every complaint Friedan made regarding the situation of the American woman has been addressed. Few American women are forced into "housewifery." The few women who choose to place marriage and home over career have truly chosen to do so; it is the rare young woman for whom marriage and family are greater goals than a successful career. Nor do women any longer go from high school to the wedding chapel. They go from high school to college and often graduate school. In fact, far more women go to college than men.

Yet, if you were to listen to many American women today, you would think nothing has improved. Every women's group and millions of individual women say women are "oppressed" despite the fact that virtually nothing remains of the "feminine mystique" described by Friedan.

In January 2017, between 3 and 5 million American women took part in the Women's March, widely regarded as the largest number of Americans to participate in a single-day march in the nation's history. A year later, millions of American women again participated in the Women's March in marches around the country.

Feminist groups describe the state of American women in dire terms. Young middle-class and upper-class women, many attending the most expensive universities — paid for by their parents — are among the greatest malcontents in American life.

In fact, women today, including young women, who lead lives the very opposite of those described in "The Feminine Mystique," are about twice as likely to be depressed as men. And that statistic is true for women across all economic, racial and ethnic groups.

So, then, what was my big and troubling thought?

If women are as likely — perhaps more likely — to complain about being oppressed today when they aren't oppressed as they did when they were oppressed, and if women today are nearly twice as likely as men to be depressed, and if women at elite colleges — where they are pampered and more assured a financially successful future than most men living now or who lived in the past — are particularly angry and malcontented, simple logic suggests two choices: Either women remain as oppressed as in the past, or women tend to be malcontents.

Given that the reality is that American women — especially the ones who do the most complaining — are not oppressed, we are left to conclude that the female of the human species may tend toward being malcontents. The simple-minded will respond to this exactly as they were indoctrinated to respond — not by asking, "Is it true?" but by accusing the person who offers this suggestion of sexism and misogyny.

So, allow me to respond in advance:

<SNIP>

LINK

:o Oh no he di'int. :ph34r:


That's probably the click baitiest click bait title I've seen in awhile.
0

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,580
  • Joined: 30-April 18

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:40 AM

Simple truth, women are more complicated than men. Compare how the two prepare to go out in public, men probably spend less than a minute in front of a mirror, women will need at least 15. Childbirth?! Yikes! How 'bout the monthly gift they deal with? So yeah, if they get a little bitchy sometimes, they've earned the right. They're kind' a neat to have around, even if they ain't perfect... :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 15 April 2019 - 04:41 AM

0

#3 User is offline   grimreefer 

  • U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,897
  • Joined: 18-December 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:05 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 15 April 2019 - 04:40 AM, said:

Simple truth, women are more complicated than men. Compare how the two prepare to go out in public, men probably spend less than a minute in front of a mirror, women will need at least 15. Childbirth?! Yikes! How 'bout the monthly gift they deal with? So yeah, if they get a little bitchy sometimes, they've earned the right. They're kind' a neat to have around, even if they ain't perfect... :thumbsup:

:D :yes:


Don't know if this has been posted here or not already, but...

Childbirth? Pfffft. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child." On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

:ph34r:
0

#4 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

  • Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator
  • Posts: 19,828
  • Joined: 03-November 04

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:25 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 15 April 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

:D :yes:


Don't know if this has been posted here or not already, but...

Childbirth? Pfffft. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child." On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

:ph34r:


:sheep:
I.must.reply.but.retain.some.civility. . .

Yes. Even I have said, "I would like another baby," at certain times. HOWEVER--I have NEVER said, "gee, it would be fun to go through pregnancy and child birth again."

Maybe if you got some kind of reward from the nut-kicking. Like, if somebody paid a huge sum of money to see you experience that. Not me, but some rich sadistic rich woman might be willing to pay big bucks to see you writhe in pain. Mightn't you (if you were having an economic down turn) muse, "I lived through it the last time. Perhaps it would be worth $_ _ _ _ _ to go through it again?"

Would that mean that you enjoyed it? Or even, it wasn't that bad?

:ph34r: right back at choo!




:wtf2:


:razz:

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 15 April 2019 - 08:25 AM

0

#5 User is offline   grimreefer 

  • U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,897
  • Joined: 18-December 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:44 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 15 April 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

:sheep:
I.must.reply.but.retain.some.civility. . .

Yes. Even I have said, "I would like another baby," at certain times. HOWEVER--I have NEVER said, "gee, it would be fun to go through pregnancy and child birth again."

Maybe if you got some kind of reward from the nut-kicking. Like, if somebody paid a huge sum of money to see you experience that. Not me, but some rich sadistic rich woman might be willing to pay big bucks to see you writhe in pain. Mightn't you (if you were having an economic down turn) muse, "I lived through it the last time. Perhaps it would be worth $_ _ _ _ _ to go through it again?"

Would that mean that you enjoyed it? Or even, it wasn't that bad?

:ph34r: right back at choo!




:wtf2:


:razz:

You know it's a joke, right? :pray:
0

#6 User is offline   Severian 

  • Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,589
  • Joined: 14-February 04

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:59 AM

One of the problems of course is that much about how women are living in the world today, and the way today's world has stomped on the concept of masculinity and removed many social norms men used to adhere to, due to said feminist actions to "change" things results in a world where women don't get what they seem to need out of modern society. Women are different, and many of the post modern changes, while oversold by the feminists, actually are uncomfortable for women. Note how many seem to want a partner, but can only find hook up culture, how few men are willing to achieve now and put time into a relationship, etc.

Plus, there's good money to be made in telling large groups of people that, contrary to what they might think, they really are unhappy and oppressed, so join the victimhood club, which ultimately doesn't make anyone happy.
0

#7 User is offline   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 28,868
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 15 April 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

You know it's a joke, right? :pray:

Oh NOW it’s a joke .... (anticipating the response) :whistling:
0

#8 User is offline   grimreefer 

  • U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,897
  • Joined: 18-December 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:01 AM

View Postzurg, on 15 April 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

Oh NOW it’s a joke .... (anticipating the response) :whistling:

I blame the internet. It has warped my sense of humor... even further.


:stooges: (probably should've used that one in post #3)
0

#9 User is offline   Coach 

  • Coach
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 14,922
  • Joined: 17-November 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:11 AM

"hell hath no no fury like that of a woman scorned", the problem today is that so many women and men who think like women believe only they are ever mistreated.
0

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 58,629
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 15 April 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

:o Oh no he di'int. :ph34r:


That's probably the click baitiest click bait title I've seen in awhile.


And I highly recommend clicking that clickbait and reading the whole thing. Definitely worth it.


View PostSeverian, on 15 April 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

One of the problems of course is that much about how women are living in the world today, and the way today's world has stomped on the concept of masculinity and removed many social norms men used to adhere to, due to said feminist actions to "change" things results in a world where women don't get what they seem to need out of modern society. Women are different, and many of the post modern changes, while oversold by the feminists, actually are uncomfortable for women. Note how many seem to want a partner, but can only find hook up culture, how few men are willing to achieve now and put time into a relationship, etc.

Plus, there's good money to be made in telling large groups of people that, contrary to what they might think, they really are unhappy and oppressed, so join the victimhood club, which ultimately doesn't make anyone happy.


Yup. I hear women complain there are so few real men left in the world. Well yeah, society, politics, schools, etc, have spent years doing everything possible to stamp out real men, as though they were "bad", so nowadays of course real men tend to be rarities. And like it or not, you won't find ANY real men on the left. That's where you'll find the crybabies, the "woke", the man-buns and skinny jeans, etc etc etc.

:rolleyes:
0

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 31,617
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 15 April 2019 - 04:40 AM, said:

Simple truth, women are more complicated than men. Compare how the two prepare to go out in public, men probably spend less than a minute in front of a mirror, women will need at least 15. Childbirth?! Yikes! How 'bout the monthly gift they deal with? So yeah, if they get a little bitchy sometimes, they've earned the right. They're kind' a neat to have around, even if they ain't perfect... :thumbsup:

Complicated?

The word that I prefer to use is "crazy".

View Postgrimreefer, on 15 April 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

:D :yes:


Don't know if this has been posted here or not already, but...

Childbirth? Pfffft. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child." On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

:ph34r:

:lol: :high5:
0

#12 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 31,617
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 April 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

And I highly recommend clicking that clickbait and reading the whole thing. Definitely worth it.




Yup. I hear women complain there are so few real men left in the world. Well yeah, society, politics, schools, etc, have spent years doing everything possible to stamp out real men, as though they were "bad", so nowadays of course real men tend to be rarities. And like it or not, you won't find ANY real men on the left. That's where you'll find the crybabies, the "woke", the man-buns and skinny jeans, etc etc etc.

:rolleyes:


:yeahthat:

And most younger women who have "real men" want to change and remold them into their own liking, turning them into overly sensitive effeminate wussies.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 15 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

0

#13 User is offline   Hieronymous 

  • Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 9,136
  • Joined: 16-April 09

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostSeverian, on 15 April 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

One of the problems of course is that much about how women are living in the world today, and the way today's world has stomped on the concept of masculinity and removed many social norms men used to adhere to, due to said feminist actions to "change" things results in a world where women don't get what they seem to need out of modern society. Women are different, and many of the post modern changes, while oversold by the feminists, actually are uncomfortable for women. Note how many seem to want a partner, but can only find hook up culture, how few men are willing to achieve now and put time into a relationship, etc.

Plus, there's good money to be made in telling large groups of people that, contrary to what they might think, they really are unhappy and oppressed, so join the victimhood club, which ultimately doesn't make anyone happy.

I think it is time to consider the possibility that modern day feminists hate women.
0

#14 User is offline   johnnybravo 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 3,902
  • Joined: 16-July 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 15 April 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

I think it is time to consider the possibility that modern day feminists hate women.

Or maybe more specifically, they hate women who like men.
0

#15 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 31,617
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

View Postjohnnybravo, on 15 April 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

Or maybe more specifically, they hate women who like men.

:exactly:

Nailed it.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users