RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Sanders slams Congress not 'smart enough' to read Trump tax re - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sanders slams Congress not 'smart enough' to read Trump tax re Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:22 AM

Sarah Sanders slams Congress as not 'smart enough' to read Trump's tax returns and says president won't release them as long as he's under audit
By EMILY GOODIN, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER
FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 09:42 EDT, 14 April 2019 | UPDATED: 13:06 EDT, 14 April 2019

<More Captain Obvious Here>

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Sunday slammed members of Congress as not 'smart enough' to read the 10 years of tax returns Democratic lawmakers have requested from President Donald Trump.

'I don't think Congress - particularly not this group of congressmen and women - are smart enough to look through the thousands of pages I would assume that President Trump's taxes will be. My guest is most of them don't do their own taxes. And I certainly don't trust them to look through the decades of success that the president has and determine anything,' she said on 'Fox News Sunday.'

She was also clear the president would not hand over his tax reforms. 'The president has been clear from the beginning - as long as his tax are under audit he's not going to release them,' she said. And she attacked the section of law Democrats used to request the president's returns, which is a provision that allows Congress to request tax forms to see how changes to the tax code could affect people's returns. 'This has nothing to do with whether or not they are going to determine policy. This is all about political partisanship. This is a dangerous, dangerous, road,' she said.

Rep. Richard Neal, the House Ways and Means Committee chairman, gave the IRS until April 23 to hand over President Trump's returns, telling the tax agency that the law clearly gives Congress a right to them. The government's failure to respond by the deadline could send the dispute into federal court. Neal's demand on Saturday came after the Trump administration asked for more time to consider his initial request last week. Neal, a Massachusetts Democrat, argues that a 1920-era law saying the IRS 'shall furnish' any tax return requested by Congress 'is unambiguous and raises no complicated legal issues' and that the Treasury Department's objections lack merit.

The letter to IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig is the latest exchange in a tug of war over Trump's returns, which would give lawmakers far greater insight into the president's business dealings and potential conflicts of interest as it exercises its oversight role.

(snip)

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 15 April 2019 - 07:43 AM

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:24 AM

View Postarticle, on 15 April 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

...Congress [is] not 'smart enough' to read the 10 years of tax returns Democratic lawmakers have requested from President Donald Trump.

http://www.hellonatureblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/CaptainObvious_SaluteAnimated.gif

#3 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 15 April 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Sarah Sanders slams Congress as not 'smart enough' to read Trump's tax returns and says president won't release them as long as he's under audit
By EMILY GOODIN, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER
FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 09:42 EDT, 14 April 2019 | UPDATED: 13:06 EDT, 14 April 2019

<snip>'I don't think Congress - particularly not this group of congressmen and women - are smart enough to look through the thousands of pages I would assume that President Trump's taxes will be. My guest is most of them don't do their own taxes. And I certainly don't trust them to look through the decades of success that the president has and determine anything,' she said on 'Fox News Sunday.' <snip>

Did she actually say that? Or is the person who wrote this a moron (and/or their editors)?

This post has been edited by Tikk: 15 April 2019 - 09:50 AM

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

View PostTikk, on 15 April 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Did she actually say that? Or is the person who wrote this a moron (and/or their editors)?

A lot of these quotes are 'written' by a software application that is similar to TV captioning, and they don't always get it correct.

#5 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

She said it and she is correct. IRS agents don't understand it.

#6 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:15 AM

Ya know, when your country's $22 trillion in debt and you're trying to buy votes with B.S. like free college, Medicare for all and encouraging the invasion on our Southern border of people looking for a hand-out, you're probably not too bright. And definitely not bright enough to understand a billionaire's tax return...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 16 April 2019 - 05:16 AM

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:41 AM

"If I run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely."
https://www.youtube....h?v=Hg-5KEt1Abg

"I would certainly show tax returns if necessary"
https://www.youtube....h?v=SIMDkxoS1as

#8 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:41 AM

View PostLadybird, on 16 April 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

So when you run for office you can produce all your tax returns. If you are dumb enough to do so please do so. As far as the law, it's not required. Taxes are a private thing. On the other hand your hero marxist Komrade Sanders has released his, and he's paid 28% on over 500K yet he will REQUIRE American's to pay more than that on the same amount of money. Why didn't he write a voluntary payment to the IRS for his new taxable amount under his social programs? Oh that's because he and his friends in the American Communist party will be exempt from paying those amounts as they are now.

I also have a question for you on this, why didn't Komrade Sanders take exemptions he's allowed? Exemptions that would help him pay less? He's not smart enough to take them? Doubtful, do you know that these are the real returns? Or are they faked? There is no way of knowing other than to go to the IRS and get the true original copy.

#9 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostLadybird, on 16 April 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

When you can give a reasonable explanation for Mueller's Russia collusion investigation, a 2 year, $25 million dollar witch hunt perpetrated on the American tax payers, THEN give a reasonable explanation for why you want access to the president's tax returns, maybe we can talk. BTW, "We want to see if a crime has been committed" won't cut it...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 16 April 2019 - 07:58 AM

#10 User is online   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 16 April 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

When you can give a reasonable explanation for Mueller's Russia collusion investigation, a 2 year, $25 million dollar witch hunt perpetrated on the American tax payers, THEN give a reasonable explanation for why you want access to the president's tax returns, maybe we can talk. BTW, "We want to see if a crime has been committed" won't cut it...

You can bet that Mueller had access to the Trump returns. If there were anything in them that smelled of collusion it was thoroughly vetted and checked out.

This is all political theater. . .

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

Ladybird, on 16 April 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

:yawn:

Give it up, toots.

Taggart Transcontinental, on 16 April 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

So when you run for office you can produce all your tax returns. If you are dumb enough to do so please do so. As far as the law, it's not required. Taxes are a private thing. On the other hand your hero marxist Komrade Sanders has released his, and he's paid 28% on over 500K yet he will REQUIRE American's to pay more than that on the same amount of money. Why didn't he write a voluntary payment to the IRS for his new taxable amount under his social programs? Oh that's because he and his friends in the American Communist party will be exempt from paying those amounts as they are now.

I also have a question for you on this, why didn't Komrade Sanders take exemptions he's allowed? Exemptions that would help him pay less? He's not smart enough to take them? Doubtful, do you know that these are the real returns? Or are they faked? There is no way of knowing other than to go to the IRS and get the true original copy.

:exactly:

mjperry51, on 16 April 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

You can bet that Mueller had access to the Trump returns. If there were anything in them that smelled of collusion it was thoroughly vetted and checked out.

This is all political theater. . .

:yes:

NH Populist, on 16 April 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

:clap:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users