RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Cat Sees Little Boy Having A Meltdown And Knows Exactly What To Do - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cat Sees Little Boy Having A Meltdown And Knows Exactly What To Do Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

Cat Sees Little Boy Having A Meltdown — And Knows Exactly What To Do
The DoDo - Stephen Messenger - link

Everyone needs someone in their lives who truly understands them — a friend through thick and thin, a partner who'll be there when they're needed most.

Jayden Denton found such a friend in this sweet gray cat named Kitty. Being a boy with special needs, Jayden is prone to feeling overwhelmed at times, leading him to have occasional sensory meltdowns. It can sometimes make it difficult for Jayden to relate with others.

"My son has sensory processing disorder, and other issues," Tonya Denton, Jayden's mom, told The Dodo. "When he gets overloaded, or doesn't understand, he has outbursts of crying and is inconsolable."

That is, until his family rescued Kitty.
*snip*

With all the stress and triple thinking that I have been through since this whole childhood home sale issue began last month, I have been amazed at the sensitivity and understanding that my cats have shown since my emotions have been swinging back and forth on the pendulum.

When I'm upset and anxious that I don't have the details perfectly handled, they won't leave me alone, snuggling, talking to me, looking intently at me...

Dogs are amazing creatures and I adore them, but these cats I've been living with for the past 14 years ( the last two I have are the youngest ) have taught me quite a lot about the so-called aloofness of felines.

They absolutely pick and choose when and where they dispense their affections and interest, but they are genuine atuned to their humans and they give as much of themselves as dogs do, but because they're cats, it is different.

Still, love is love, and when you're having a hard time, having something snuggle close and look at you as if you're all that exists in their world can help you to walk back from the ledge.

It makes me happy for this little boy, because he doesn't need to have the skillset to deal with the rest of the world, because his kitty has his shorthand down and knows just what he needs!

ETA: formatting DOES count

This post has been edited by Ticked@TinselTown: 04 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

#2 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:33 PM

That video brought tears to my eyes. We have two cats and a dog. The older cat and dog are 'mine' as they follow me around and come to me when I am upset. The younger cat doesn't want anything to do with me other than at feeding time. But she snuggles my husband and makes it clear she is 'his'. I don't know what we would do without them.

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

The cats that I adopted would probably had beat the snot out of the kid.

Just kidding. Cats read people better than we know. This little hero is definitely a people feline.

#4 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:29 PM

That's quite a story and cat! Our 6 year old female came here when her male owner went into a nursing home. Moved right in and took over like she owned the place...Lol

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:28 PM

What a great video. Believe me I recognize that "fit" the kid is having - I'm sure most of you will recall me mentioning my own grandson's mental/emotion/learning disabilities & drawbacks. I've only mentioned them about a jillion times. So I understand: It's not that he's a bad kid or a brat or spoiled or anything like that. It's just that he gets so overwhelmed with frustration sometimes because of things that he can't grasp or understand.

Maybe I should get him a kitten...

B)

#6 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 May 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

What a great video. Believe me I recognize that "fit" the kid is having - I'm sure most of you will recall me mentioning my own grandson's mental/emotion/learning disabilities & drawbacks. I've only mentioned them about a jillion times. So I understand: It's not that he's a bad kid or a brat or spoiled or anything like that. It's just that he gets so overwhelmed with frustration sometimes because of things that he can't grasp or understand.

B)

Spend time at an adoption center. The cat will find him through interaction and play.

#7 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:43 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 04 May 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Spend time at an adoption center. The cat will find him through interaction and play.

I agree. Let the cat choose him

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 04 May 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Oh...*whew*...You mean an animal adoption center. For a minute there I couldn't figure out what you meant.

:coolshades:

#9 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:25 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 May 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Oh...*whew*...You mean an animal adoption center. For a minute there I couldn't figure out what you meant.

most shelters have space where you can interact with the animals up for adoption and you can play with them and get to know them.

It's a great way to pair people with their fur babies.

I can't do it because I want to take them all and when I can't I break down into sobbing and folks just scatter until I suck it up and head home... :pinch:

#10 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 May 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Maybe the cats could adopt the boy.... :whistling:

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:39 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 04 May 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

most shelters have space where you can interact with the animals up for adoption and you can play with them and get to know them.

It's a great way to pair people with their fur babies.

I can't do it because I want to take them all and when I can't I break down into sobbing and folks just scatter until I suck it up and head home... :pinch:

View Postzurg, on 04 May 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

Maybe the cats could adopt the boy.... :whistling:

:2up:

#12 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 May 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

B)

Much like dealing with democraps? :shrug:

#13 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:37 AM

Good story.
My sisters cat Toby does the same thing with the boys. She had one who is therapeutic and get's overwhelmed, similar to the kid in the video. The cat puts his paws around the boys neck and licks the top of his head. It chills him out better than any meds.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users