RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Biden Mixes Up British PM Theresa May With Margaret Thatcher, - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Biden Mixes Up British PM Theresa May With Margaret Thatcher, Who Left Office In 1990 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:29 AM

Biden Mixes Up British PM Theresa May With Margaret Thatcher, Who Left Office In 1990

Washington Examiner
by Toby Harnden
May 04, 2019 10:49 PM

Excerpt:

Joe Biden flubbed the name of British Prime Minister Theresa May at a fundraiser Saturday night, calling her by former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's name.

Thatcher left office in 1990 and died in 2013. The mistake by Biden, 76, comes amid worries about his age after he slurred his words during his campaign announcement speech. Aides have shielded him from reporters. He leads early primary polls by a wide margin but the Democratic Party establishment has yet to swing behind him.

“Margaret Thatcher, um, excuse me, Margaret Thatcher — Freudian slip,” Biden said to laughter, according to a campaign pool report. “But I knew her too.” He then corrected himself by saying: “The Prime Minister of Great Britain Theresa May.”

Thatcher, who led the Conservative Party and was the first female British prime minister, served as prime minister during the 1988 U.S. election campaign. Biden made his first White House run then but dropped out in late 1987 after backlash for plagiarizing a speech by Neil Kinnock, the U.K. Labour Party leader and a fierce critic of Thatcher.

Biden was speaking Saturday to about three dozen supporters at a $1,000-to-$2,800-per-person fundraiser in Columbia, S.C.

He used Thatcher’s name when telling the donors he had heard from 14 heads of state from around the world who’ve voiced concerns to him about President Trump. That list included Thatcher, he said, before correcting the “Freudian slip," saying he was referring to May. The U.K. head of state is Queen Elizabeth II, not the prime minister.

Biden was asked to give a nickname to Trump and responded: “There are so many nicknames that I’m inclined to give this guy. We could just start with clown. When he says these ridiculous things he says, I mean this, I put my hand up and say, ‘Everybody knows who you are,’ because they do know.”

Biden said he wanted to run his campaign on a higher level. “The only place he [Trump] has any confidence is in the mud. The only thing he doesn’t know how to respond to is issues and specifics.”

At another point, Biden referred to Trump as a “no good SOB.”

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:38 AM

If he, a private citizen with no, zero, government credentials at the moment, is talking to heads of state from foreign countries about a change in the government of the USA, how in the hell is THAT not collusion with a foreign power?

#3 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:29 AM

Maybe "Sleepy Joe" is the right name for him, after all. Biden also went on to refer to Angela Merkel as "Helmut."

#4 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:26 AM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 05 May 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

If he, a private citizen with no, zero, government credentials at the moment, is talking to heads of state from foreign countries about a change in the government of the USA, how in the hell is THAT not collusion with a foreign power?

It's a direct violation of the Logan act which has never been enforced. Too many foxes guarding the chicken houses.

#5 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:03 AM

Isn’t he breaching confidentiality by naming them?

#6 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:58 PM

I would not have thought that PM Theresa May uses the word "putz".

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

Well, all older white women look alike, so it’s understandable that he’d <censored> it up.

#8 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

I have a feeling that if Creepy Joe tried his huggy kissy creepy fondling of Maggie Thatcher she'd have decked him.

#9 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

Biden is simply not ready for prime time.

#10 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

View Posterp, on 05 May 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

Biden is simply not ready for prime time.

He never was. Was a gaff machine as VP. Open mouth, insert foot. Time after time.

#11 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

Biden never learned that if you’re going to shoot yourself in the foot you should take it out of your mouth first.

#12 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

View Postzurg, on 05 May 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Well, all older white women look alike, so it’s understandable that he’d <censored> it up.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users