RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp Signs ‘Heartbeat’ Bill Into Law - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp Signs ‘Heartbeat’ Bill Into Law Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:12 AM

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp Signs ‘Heartbeat’ Bill Into Law

By the fifth week of pregnancy, the baby will have a fully functioning heart.

Legal Insurrection
Posted by Mary Chastain
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 1:00pm

Excerpt:

I have no idea why people call this controversial because there is nothing controversial about life and science. Life begins at conception. It’s science and basic biology.

Republican Georgia Governor Brian Kemp signed into law the bill “Living Infants Fairness and Equality (LIFE) Act.” This bill “prohibit abortions in the state after a heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy.”

The Bill

Before everyone loses their mind, the bill exempts those in cases of rape, incest, or if the mother’s life is in danger.

Georgia State Rep. Ed Setzler stated that “science, law, and the simple fact that common sense says a beating heart is a sign of life and those children should receive the full protection of the law.”

No matter how many leftist Hollywood activists complain, Kemp explained that “Georgia is a state that values life” and the people will always “stand up for those who are unable to speak for themselves.”

Kemp acknowledged others will challenge the bill, but promised to “not back down” and “continue to fight for life.”

Georgia Republican Rep. Jody Hice celebrated the signing in a press release via email:

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:56 AM

An activist judge will overturn this in 3,2,1......

#3 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:18 AM

Wha?! Why didn’t Stacey Abrams do something?

Oh yeah, because she lost.

Good on Kemp. This is a good move.

#4 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

View Posterp, on 08 May 2019 - 03:18 AM, said:

Wha?! Why didn’t Stacey Abrams do something?

Oh yeah, because she lost.

Good on Kemp. This is a good move.

:yes:

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

I see a court challenge.

#6 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

View PostLadybird, on 08 May 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

I see a court challenge.

No kidding. These pigs need a desperate Hail Mary to unelected judges in order to continue their killing spree. Don't worry though, this cold blooded destruction will remain legal in your state.

#7 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostMagic Rat, on 08 May 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

No kidding. These pigs need a desperate Hail Mary to unelected judges in order to continue their killing spree. Don't worry though, this cold blooded destruction will remain legal in your state.

Snap!

#8 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:06 AM

I see a court challenge.

Of course they do, this is one of the things the Republican's ran on in the election and won with. Therefore the only way leftists can stop this is by overturning the will of the people. The majority that didn't vote for that clown that thinks she's the real governor in exile.

#9 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

I see a court challenge.

That's the conservative plan. It will take a few years for this to work it's way up to a Roe v Wade challenge in the Supreme Court so they're getting the ball rolling now. By then Ginsburg will be gone and Trump will still be President.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

Before everyone loses their mind, the bill exempts those in cases of rape, incest, or if the mother’s life is in danger.

Then I'm satisfied. This is a good law, and has my 100% support. Very well done, Governor Kemp.

#11 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

Silly governor...life doesn't begin at conception, it begins when the "fetus" registers Democrat and gets their first welfare check and EBT card. It's not a person until then.

I am DERPTACUS!

#12 User is offline   Weaseljd 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

This bill and similar ones signed in Ohio and Missouri) will not survive a court challenge in the lower courts. Heck, if I were a district judge under the precedents of Roe v. Wade and its progeny (even those that uphold reasonable restrictions now including partial birth bans and 23 week bans) this will and would need to be struck down. These bills would in effect make elective abortion (except in cases of rape, incest or health of the mother) illegal. They are in effect total abortion bans without being a complete ban due to the fact that, given fetal heartbeats are detectable at 5-6 weeks, it is entirely possible that a woman would not even know she is pregnant by the time it would be too late for her to have a legal elective abortion in the state. The practical effect therefore is to ban elective abortion in the state of Georgia, which under Roe v. Wade it cannot do. So yes, a judge in 3 … 2 … 1 will be striking this law down as unconstitutional, because under Supreme Court precedent and case law as it currently stands, stare decisis would require a judge to strike it down. This would apply to either a liberal OR conservative judge. The Liberal because they believe in abortion on demand and are against any limits on abortion, and the conservative because if you are a conservative constitutional jurist who respects the rule of law and follows it, the Supreme Court has told you that based upon the tests for abortion laws, this law basically revokes a woman's right to choose and have an abortion. A lower court should (can) not tell the Supreme Court it is wrong (in essence, a District Court or Appellate Court would need to strike down Roe - which those courts do not have the power to do so). So when this decision is struck by a lower court, please don't scream liberal judge and bias and accuse the judge of wanting to murder babies as under the current rules and laws judges should follow, any good judge would need to find this law unconstitutional under Roe and its progeny.

NOW, having said that, this is not to say that the Supreme Court could finally take the inevitable court challenge (and district court or court of appeals ruling striking down this law) and reverse itself on Roe (which I suspect is the intention of these laws). But only the Supreme Court I believe could find these laws pass Constitutional muster, and only by in part or in whole striking down Roe. That is because these laws do in a practical sense make abortion illegal which is Unconstitutional under Roe at this time. And given the time it takes for these cases to work their way through the system, it will not be until 2021 or later this case might work its way on to the Supreme Court docket. Trump wins n 2020, there is a good chance by the time this arrives at the Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett could very well be on the court replacing one of the two liberal octogenarians who may not make it two more years on the court, and Roe could finally go bye bye for good.

I also have another huge problem with these laws, but this is personal. I do not believe a fetal heartbeat has anything to do with whether the fetus is alive or a human being or not. Before the heart beat is detected and after what a woman is carrying in her womb is a separate living being. A heartbeat has nothing to do with the biological and scientific fact there is a separate and distinct living human being in her body. I think these bills are a bit of a cop out and somewhat hypocritical. They are laws crafted to try and get public opinion support (and so those sponsoring them and passing them are not accused of wanting to completely "ban" abortion) by splitting a hair saying "we only want to protect life - there is a heartbeat, how can you kill a child with a beating heart?", but ignoring their core belief as to when life actually begins. Its a cynical political ploy I feel. I understand why these laws are being crafted the way they are, but if you truly believe life begins at conception (or like me, with implantation of the fertilized egg in the uterus wall) then these half measure laws are hypocritical I believe. Want to overturn Wade and be true to your beliefs, have the guts to pass an outright ban because heartbeat or no heartbeat, we are talking about a life that deserves protecting. Just pass the bill and let the Supremes, if they are going to overturn Roe, overturn it.

#13 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:33 PM

I see a court challenge.

I see a ghoul who loves infanticide. :coolshades:

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:01 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 May 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Then I'm satisfied. This is a good law, and has my 100% support. Very well done, Governor Kemp.

In Ohio, No exceptions..
https://www.cbsnews....lTJK_1Z2qCAeutw

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:45 PM

View PostLadybird, on 13 May 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

In Ohio, No exceptions..
https://www.cbsnews....lTJK_1Z2qCAeutw

If true, then it's a bad, indefensible law.

B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users