RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Students walk out of Colorado school shooting vigil, saying their trau - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Students walk out of Colorado school shooting vigil, saying their trau Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

Students walk out of Colorado school shooting vigil, saying their trauma was being politicized

John Bacon
USA Today
5/9/19

EXCERPT:

A vigil honoring Colorado high school shooting victim Kendrick Castillo dissolved into protest late Wednesday with some students walking out and others chanting "mental health" when speakers discussed gun control.

More than 2,000 attended the vigil at STEM School Highlands Ranch High School, as STEM School Highlands Ranch students burst into a spontaneous demonstration, protesting politics and the media.

Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Jason Crow spoke urged support for gun control legislation, prompting students in the crowd to shout out dissenting comments such as "political stunt" and "we are people, not a statement" to applause.

Some students walk out to the parking lot, holding up lighted cellphones and yelling expletives at media folks on the scene.

The event, one of at least three memorials held Wednesday, was organized by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Afterward, the group issued a statement saying all efforts should be focused on providing support to the STEM students, families and faculty members.

(Full Story)

--
Good for these kids. The more I hear about the students and this school (my son attends a similar school in Ohio) the more impressed I become

#2 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Good on these kids, the student who sacrificed his life hasn't even been buried yet and vultures want to make it all about politics.
Yet again these cretins don't want to address the root causes.

Oki

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Wow, school-age kids who haven't been brainwashed against guns? Rare indeed. We need more of them.

B)

#4 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:07 AM

:clap:

Good for them!

#5 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:24 AM

I can't read the article unless I subscribe. (Dag nabbit.) When I opened the link it only let me see an ad (for some hotel or vacation spot) and asked me to sign up for USA Today.
My link to Federalist--same story different source

After some of the students walked out, they returned. They took turns at the mic and said that this was supposed to be for them, to remember their brave friend, Kendrick Castillo, who died. And NOT to be used for as a political platform.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 09 May 2019 - 09:31 AM

#6 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

When the man who had been my husband's engineer (on his fire crew) died, his memorial was taken over by a politician who not only didn't even know Eddie, but who spoke WAY too long. Eddie's wife and young children had to sit there through the drivel at a time when they should have been being consoled. It was my first experience with how callus and clueless politicians can be.

#7 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

Well, wasn't it a STEM focused school? I'd expect STEM students to be a bit brighter and to see what's going on more to be honest.

#8 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:33 AM

View PostSeverian, on 09 May 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

Well, wasn't it a STEM focused school? I'd expect STEM students to be a bit brighter and to see what's going on more to be honest.

That is why the left want to change it to STEAM, Science Technology Engineering Art & Mathematics.

I can' remember where I read the following:

The bridge does not care about your feelings. If you got your sums wrong it will collapse.

#9 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:33 PM

View PostModerator T, on 09 May 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Students walk out of Colorado school shooting vigil, saying their trauma was being politicized

John Bacon
USA Today
5/9/19

EXCERPT:

A vigil honoring Colorado high school shooting victim Kendrick Castillo dissolved into protest late Wednesday with some students walking out and others chanting "mental health" when speakers discussed gun control.

More than 2,000 attended the vigil at STEM School Highlands Ranch High School, as STEM School Highlands Ranch students burst into a spontaneous demonstration, protesting politics and the media.

Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Jason Crow spoke urged support for gun control legislation, prompting students in the crowd to shout out dissenting comments such as "political stunt" and "we are people, not a statement" to applause.

Some students walk out to the parking lot, holding up lighted cellphones and yelling expletives at media folks on the scene.

The event, one of at least three memorials held Wednesday, was organized by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Afterward, the group issued a statement saying all efforts should be focused on providing support to the STEM students, families and faculty members.

(Full Story)

--
Good for these kids. The more I hear about the students and this school (my son attends a similar school in Ohio) the more impressed I become

Bennett and Crow are both despicable! And the group that set up this bait and switch should be ashamed of themselves. They used the grief of kids to push their anti-gun agenda and were rightly slapped down.

The local radio talk shows had some parents call in who said they were appalled and felt tricked by the left wing anti-gun groups who used what was advertised as a vigil to honor the brave young man who sacrificed himself to save his fellow students and teachers but became a political campaign rally for Michael Bennet, who is running for president, supported by Jason Crow who is our newest gun grabbing representative. Disgusting!

I am proud of the kids who saw through this and walked out.

#10 User is offline   Tabla_Man 

• Go Nuggets!!!
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

This really pisses me off! I'm tired of my great state becoming the dumpster fire for this kind of sh*t! Our state just took the deep dive toward full bore communism the last few elections, and it hasn't helped that the State Republicans suck and always nominate unelectable candidates for Gov.

But now you have asshat Sen Michael Bennett and Mom's demand action, who turned a memorial into a political event. I feel so bad for those kids who walked out. They wanted to memorialize their classmates. They wanted to grieve, they wanted to pray, and then they were told that their prayers were empty and politicized their friend's own memorial service. Shame on these people! Absolutely disgusting.

My state is forever tied to this kind of crap. First it was Columbine, which people don't remember for the students who lost their lives, they just remember the two animals that slaughtered them because they were plastered all over the national media. Then the FBI causes a state wide school closure on the 20th anniversary of the Columbine shooting (which 4/20 also happens to be the state pot smokers day), because this girl from Florida supposedly made "credible threats" against Columbine and other schools and flew out here and bought a gun. Turns out she came out here to commit suicide, she was a harm to no one and killed her self two days before the FBI sent the whole state into a panic.

Now you have this situation, and the liberals are actually glad to see this mass shooting, they are happy because they finally get their soap box to preach gun control.

I

#11 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:46 PM

View PostTabla_Man, on 09 May 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

This really pisses me off! I'm tired of my great state becoming the dumpster fire for this kind of sh*t! Our state just took the deep dive toward full bore communism the last few elections, and it hasn't helped that the State Republicans suck and always nominate unelectable candidates for Gov.

But now you have asshat Sen Michael Bennett and Mom's demand action, who turned a memorial into a political event. I feel so bad for those kids who walked out. They wanted to memorialize their classmates. They wanted to grieve, they wanted to pray, and then they were told that their prayers were empty and politicized their friend's own memorial service. Shame on these people! Absolutely disgusting.

My state is forever tied to this kind of crap. First it was Columbine, which people don't remember for the students who lost their lives, they just remember the two animals that slaughtered them because they were plastered all over the national media. Then the FBI causes a state wide school closure on the 20th anniversary of the Columbine shooting (which 4/20 also happens to be the state pot smokers day), because this girl from Florida supposedly made "credible threats" against Columbine and other schools and flew out here and bought a gun. Turns out she came out here to commit suicide, she was a harm to no one and killed her self two days before the FBI sent the whole state into a panic.

Now you have this situation, and the liberals are actually glad to see this mass shooting, they are happy because they finally get their soap box to preach gun control.

I

:clap:

#12 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

The Left's fear of an armed citizenry is why they pull these stunts, telling the same lie over and over again, hoping it'll eventually be accepted as true. Ever wonder why it's always the Left who wants us disarmed? What are they so afraid of?!

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 10 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

#13 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

View PostBootsieBets, on 09 May 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

Bennett and Crow are both despicable! And the group that set up this bait and switch should be ashamed of themselves. They used the grief of kids to push their anti-gun agenda and were rightly slapped down.

The local radio talk shows had some parents call in who said they were appalled and felt tricked by the left wing anti-gun groups who used what was advertised as a vigil to honor the brave young man who sacrificed himself to save his fellow students and teachers but became a political campaign rally for Michael Bennet, who is running for president, supported by Jason Crow who is our newest gun grabbing representative. Disgusting!

I am proud of the kids who saw through this and walked out.

Thankfully the A Hole doesn't stand a chance at winning both the nomination and the election.

#14 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 10 May 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

The Left's fear of an armed citizenry is why they pull these stunts, telling the same lie over and over again, hoping it'll eventually be accepted as true. Ever wonder why it's always the Left who wants us disarmed? What are they so afraid of?!

What they are afraid of is the thought that we may eventually rise up. It's easy to put down unarmed serfs (see Venezuela, Iran, China, etc.) but another matter altogether if the citizens are armed. Great Britain learned that over 200 years ago. Our great founding fathers understood it very well.

#15 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:06 AM

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/59890921_1273595596128912_2282414838787342336_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=7cc01465eabbf9777e7ba0f945b356cd&oe=5D7307C4

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users