RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Potemkin Prep: Kamala Harris Does An Elizabeth Warren In The Kitchen - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Potemkin Prep: Kamala Harris Does An Elizabeth Warren In The Kitchen Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:02 PM

Potemkin Prep: Kamala Harris Does An Elizabeth Warren In The Kitchen

American Thinker
By Monica Showalter
May 12, 2019

Excerpt:

Kamala Harris has always had a problem with authenticity - dating from her political start at Willie Brown's knee, so to speak, to her claim that she went to a racism-infested Berkeley high school in the 1980s, to her claims to smoking pot as a 'Jamaican' thang, something her real Jamaican father publicly corrected her on.

Now she's stepped in it again, posing in an apron and pearls and perfect makeup to whip up some of her famous jerk chicken marinade in her kitchen for her husband's Twitter feed.

My wonderful wife ⁦@KamalaHarris⁩ rushing home between LA events to prepare Jerk Chicken marinade for our Mothers Day feast Tmw. 😊❤️ pic.twitter.com/BWvwbhFrXf

ó Douglas Emhoff (@douglasemhoff) May 12, 2019

Twitchy has some choice tweets questioning the matter.

How many things are wrong with this picture?

Well, start with the fact that it's a duplicate of what fellow campaign rival Elizabeth Warren tried to do, drinking beer for the cameras to prove she was just a regular joe for those poor deplorable voters who supposedly want this sort of thing.

We all know how well that worked out for Warren.

And Harris is trying to duplicate it?

I've heard of politicians imitating each other but not imitating each other's mistakes. This is a new one. Rimshot, Kamala.

Because against this homey picture (and yes, she does look pretty cute), everyone has another one of her: That of the 1980s-style ambitious yuppie career politician in fierce heels and pearls with a taste for expensive clothing, who slept her way to the top to burnish her resume, and who has an impressive meanness in questioning and slanting a case against President Trump's Supreme Court nominees as an impersonal part of the job. Let's face it, there's nothing she won't do to get to the top. Not exactly someone you'd want to have a beer with.

Hence, the picture.

The Twitchy denizens jump onto her for authenticity issues in the picture - the whiteness of the apron, suggesting it's brand new, meaning, a theatrical prop, something a stylist or political campaign operative looking at internals might come up with, particularly with what the Twitchy denizens identify as its supposed factory folds, which might or might not be accurate. There are folds alright but it's notable that the fold is slanted, which usually isn't the case in something packaged new unless it's cheap. Just as likely it might have been pressed by an expensive laundry service or else stored at the bottom of a heap of things in the closet (read: little used) to give it that slanted fold, but even with those possibilities, it doesn't make her look authentic. She's got a tiny spot of jerk sauce on her blouse, O.K. But given the crispness of the apron, one wonders if it was put there for the picture. Whatever the case, the viewers are suspicious because first thing that comes to mind with Harris is how inauthentic she is.

I find it even more suspicious that she's makin' jerk chicken, just like dad used to make, presumably. Really? Given her bio, it would seem far more likely she would be making dosas or Mulligatawny soup, or something presented on a banana leaf, which would match the cuisine of her Tamil mom who raised her. Those dishes, of course, would scare some Democrats in the flyover, but most everyone in the states knows what jerk chicken is. But did she really make jerk chicken just like dad used to make? Her parents divorced when she was seven and she had virtually no contact with her dad growing up. If she knows how to cook jerk chicken, it's likely she taught herself or learned about it in a cooking school. Those expensive appliances down the long kitchen corridor suggest the latter.

*snip*

The Rest

#2 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:42 PM

Actually, the apron is on a bit crooked, if you look carefully. Then youíll notice that the crease could well be down the middle, straight as an arrow. Right out of Bed Bath and Beyond plastic wrap.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

...most everyone in the states knows what jerk chicken is...

:shrug:

Never heard of it.

#4 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 May 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Never heard of it.

Itís the chicken equivalent of a masturbating bull (beef stroganoff).

#5 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:19 PM

Never heard of it.

It is a delicious Jamaican spicy chicken dish. If done right, it is one of my favorite meals. Yum!!

However, this chick is so removed from Jamaica, that I doubt, if she actually cooked this, she did it well.

View Postzurg, on 12 May 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

That makes no sense.

#6 User is offline   Liz 

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:29 PM

Never heard of it.

Here's a recipe. You might like it.

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
4 limes, juiced
1 cup water
2 teaspoons ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 habanero peppers, chopped

Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cover with lime juice and water. Set aside.

In a blender or food processor, place allspice, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, thyme, ginger, black pepper and vegetable oil. Blend well, then mix in onions, green onions, garlic and habanero peppers until almost smooth.

Pour most of the blended marinade mixture into bowl with chicken, reserving a small amount to use as a basting sauce while cooking. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.

Brush grill grate with oil. Cook chicken slowly on the preheated grill. Turn frequently, basting often with remaining marinade mixture. Cook to desired doneness.

Source: www.allrecipes.com

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

View Posterp, on 12 May 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

That makes no sense.

It does if you pronounce it "Beef Strokin' Off"...

:whistling:

View PostLiz, on 12 May 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

Here's a recipe. You might like it.

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
4 limes, juiced
1 cup water
2 teaspoons ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 habanero peppers, chopped

Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cover with lime juice and water. Set aside.

In a blender or food processor, place allspice, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, thyme, ginger, black pepper and vegetable oil. Blend well, then mix in onions, green onions, garlic and habanero peppers until almost smooth.

Pour most of the blended marinade mixture into bowl with chicken, reserving a small amount to use as a basting sauce while cooking. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.

Brush grill grate with oil. Cook chicken slowly on the preheated grill. Turn frequently, basting often with remaining marinade mixture. Cook to desired doneness.

Source: www.allrecipes.com

Habaneros? Nope, not with my ulcers.

:no:

#8 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

Never heard of it.

Jerk chicken is delicious. The Upstream used to have that as an appetizer on a stick. When KFC introduced Nashville hot. My brother copied the recipe. Original or crispy, both are amazing.

#9 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

#10 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:01 PM

View PostLiz, on 12 May 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Well, start with the fact that it's a duplicate of what fellow campaign rival Elizabeth Warren tried to do, drinking beer for the cameras to prove she was just a regular joe for those poor deplorable voters who supposedly want this sort of thing.

Why would anyone want that sort of thing? How is that a qualification?

#11 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:16 PM

From Twitchy:

Forget the apron. Why did Kamala Harrisí husband make her cook her own Motherís Day meal?

:rofl:

#12 User is offline   Liz 

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:37 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 May 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

. . .Habaneros? Nope, not with my ulcers.

:no:

You could leave them out or substitute milder peppers. :shrug:

#13 User is offline   Liz 

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 May 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

She is kinda busy, you know. And it is supposed to be her day:

Number 1, she's not all that busy and this is nothing but a publicity stunt anyway.

Number 2, Kamala Harris isn't a mother, at least not in the conventional sense, so it's not really her day.

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:20 AM

View PostLiz, on 12 May 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

You could leave them out or substitute milder peppers. :shrug:

Can't deny with the single exception of the habaneros, it sure sounds good. Maybe ordinary bell peppers...?

:coolshades:

#15 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:41 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 13 May 2019 - 01:20 AM, said:

Can't deny with the single exception of the habaneros, it sure sounds good. Maybe ordinary bell peppers...?

:coolshades:

The Habaneros or Scotch Bonnet peppers are added for the heat more than flavor. Just omit peppers altogether.

The flavor profile is from most of the other ingredients.

Personally, I like this type of marinade with leg quarters that have been skinned.

Cook the chicken on a grill though.

This post has been edited by Oathtaker: 13 May 2019 - 05:42 AM

#16 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostOathtaker, on 13 May 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

Cook the chicken on a grill though.

Uh-oh, there's roadblock #2. I don't have a grill.

#17 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

I don't see the big deal. Politicians always do photo-ops with phony "domestic" displays. I remember one of Dukakis sitting on a sofa, wearing khakis and Nike sneakers (Who wears that?) with his family all on top of each other to fit in the frame. They were supposedly watching TV. Hell, the Kennedys (And every Democrat candidate since.) pretended to play football on the front lawn for decades. She looks nice in the picture. It's phony, but so what?

Warren's video was so funny because of the obvious awkwardness of her actions, the poor scripting and (Best of all.) her husband's clear attempt to avoid being in it. I don't think Harris's photo really compares.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 13 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users