RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Bill Nye says it's time to grow up and realize the planet is on fi - RightNation.US

Bill Nye says it's time to grow up and realize the planet is on fi Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

Bill Nye says it's time to grow up and realize the planet is on fire
By Chloe Melas, CNN
Updated 8:18 PM ET, Mon May 13, 2019

<Not Sure This Actually Belongs In The Science Forum, But More Here>

Bill Nye wants to remind you of the seriousness of global warming and he's not mincing words.

The well-known science commentator appeared on "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" on Sunday and put things bluntly while talking about the Green New Deal, introduced by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Ed Markey.
Nye wants you to know, "The planet's on f***ing fire."

"By the end of this century, if emissions keep rising, the average temperature on Earth could go up another four to eight degrees," Nye said. "What I'm saying is the planet's on f***ing fire. There are a lot of things we could do to put it out -- are any of them free? No, of course not. Nothing's free, you idiots. Grow the f**k up. You're not children anymore. I didn't mind explaining photosynthesis to you when you were 12. But you're adults now, and this is an actually crisis, got it? Safety glasses off, motherf***ers."

Oliver, though, seems to be in support of the Green New Deal: "It is a non-binding resolution that very briefly sets out some extremely aggressive goals, including achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions, meeting 100% of the country's power demand through clean, renewable and zero-emission energy sources and creating millions of good, high-wage jobs in the United States ... The whole Green New Deal is just 14 pages long. That is seven pages shorter than the menu for the Cheesecake Factory."

Nye also attempted to explain "carbon pricing."

(snip)

<Not Sure This Actually Belongs In The Science Forum, But More Here>

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 14 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

#2 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:17 PM

Still shopping his comedy act.

"In 1986, Nye left Boeing to pursue comedy, writing and performing jokes and bits for the local sketch television show Almost Live!" --- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

He's no Mr. Wizard, that's for sure. Mr. Green Jeans was a superior scientific mind. Hell, the Muppet Beaker made more sense.

#4 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

Ocasio-Cortez: I Was Joking About The World Ending In 12 Years, And You're An Idiot If You Believed Me

Bill's an Idiot

#5 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 14 May 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Ocasio-Cortez: I Was Joking About The World Ending In 12 Years, And You're An Idiot If You Believed Me

Bill's an Idiot

Cortez, singularly unattractive and stupid!

#6 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:46 PM

I'm still waiting to hear how they are going to force China into compliance ....

#7 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

View PostTikk, on 14 May 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

I'm still waiting to hear how they are going to force China into compliance ....

And volcanoes...

#8 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/6fc578a9ae5918e7723813db15c6001e/tumblr_inline_mugyjz5ZH21roj9wu.png

#9 User is offline   Hercules 

• <no title>
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

LOL!

We had SNOW LAST NIGHT.

We are just 'burning up'!

#10 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:19 PM

View PostSARGE, on 14 May 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

Still shopping his comedy act.

"In 1986, Nye left Boeing to pursue comedy, writing and performing jokes and bits for the local sketch television show Almost Live!" --- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye

He is/was a mechanical engineer and I don't see where he ever got his license (P.E., denoting a professional expertise level in his science), yet people see him as some sort of expert on....something....

I got my P.E. in engineering a long time ago, does anyone want to hear what I have to say about the environment (and Industrial Engineering is closer to the environment that Mechanical, IMO)?

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:20 PM

*yawn*

Hey Bill, speaking of "Grow[ing] the F up"...

:rolleyes:

#12 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:34 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 14 May 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

*yawn*

Hey Bill, speaking of "Grow[ing] the F up"...

:rolleyes:

Yea I just love it when someone spewing profanity and hyperbole tells others to grow up.

#13 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:52 PM

View Poststick, on 14 May 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

He is/was a mechanical engineer and I don't see where he ever got his license (P.E., denoting a professional expertise level in his science), yet people see him as some sort of expert on....something....

I got my P.E. in engineering a long time ago, does anyone want to hear what I have to say about the environment (and Industrial Engineering is closer to the environment that Mechanical, IMO)?

Yeah, doesn't seem like he's done much engineering in how many years? I'm an ME and PE. I don't venture as an "expert" in things I'm not expert in. "Climate Change" like this idiot refers to is flogiston. If it can't be repeated predictably, it's vapor.

My question for Bill Nye, the KnowNothing Guy is: What should the temperature be? If we have the supposed power to change it, what should the temperature be?

Show your work.

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:12 PM

View PostTikk, on 14 May 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

Yea I just love it when someone spewing profanity and hyperbole tells others to grow up.

Yup, that too, but I was referring more to the level of childishness necessary to fall for the "AGW" scam in the first place.

Adults do diligent research before making fools of themselves with ridiculous unfounded public proclamations.

B)

#15 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:37 PM

Yes, but you chose to work in your profession, Nye has always wanted to be a performer. He wants to be noticed, adored.

This post has been edited by SARGE: 14 May 2019 - 05:40 PM

#16 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

N Rays, I tells ya, it's the N Rays doing it!!! :whistling:

#17 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:59 PM

#18 User is offline   GhostOfAndrewJackson 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

How much do you want to bet that Nye was always getting his ass kicked back in high school? He is not funny enough to have been the funny guy in school, he is not smart enough to be part of a respected geek squad, he obviously is not athletic or manly, I am voting Nye was the swirly king at school. He probably had a close female friend (who was confident he was gay)and worked on the cheerleading floats with her. Likely she would confide in him about the guys she thought was hot and wanted to do and then he would go home and cry himself to sleep on his pillow (probably while wearing his momma's panties)while saying to himself, someday I'll show them. What a wuss.

Joe the Pagan, that was an excellent link.

This post has been edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson: 14 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

#19 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

View PostSARGE, on 14 May 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

Yes, but you chose to work in your profession, Nye has always wanted to be a performer. He wants to be noticed, adored.

And PAID!!!!!

#20 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

He is on no way a scientist. Dude got his start in entertainment on some stupid comedy troop out of Seattle where he developed this character. He has absolutely no credentials as a "science guy." He is a complete fraud.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users