RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: U.S. Soccer Star Megan Rapinoe: 選値l Probably Never Sing the National - RightNation.US

U.S. Soccer Star Megan Rapinoe: 選値l Probably Never Sing the National Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:23 PM

U.S. Soccer Star Megan Rapinoe: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing the National Anthem Again’

Breitbart
14 May 2019
by WARNER TODD HUSTON

EXCERPT:

Megan Rapinoe, co-captain for the United States Women’s national soccer team, says that she will “probably never sing the national anthem again.”

The openly gay soccer star told Yahoo Sports that she will no longer participate in patriotic displays as a protest of the Trump administration. Rapinoe added that because she is “as talented as I am” she can use her platform as an “f-you” to those she opposes.

“I’ll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” Rapinoe said adding she views herself as “a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of “everything I stand for.

“I feel like it’s kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it,” Rapinoe said. “Because I’m as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don’t get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it’s kind of a good ‘F you’ to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don’t look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing.”
This is not the first time Rapinoe has protested. She was also fond of taking a knee during the national anthem after former NFL player Colin Kaepernick began his protests.

<snip>

“It would take a lot” to end her protest, Rapinoe said. “It would take criminal justice reform. It would take the huge inequality gap that we have to be much better. It would take a lot of progress in LGBTQ rights. We just have such a disparity in this country in so many different ways, inequality in so many different ways.”

Link

I am not posting this for shouts of "kick her off the team!". If you're outside of or new to women's soccer, in particular the USWNT, you might notice that the sport is huge on LBGTQ causes and "social justice". Personally, Megan Rapinoe is an arrogant b!tch. However, I am still a Reign fan and love watching the USWNT.

There are two kinds of soccer: women's and other. They play harder. They are more aggressive. Very rarely do they flop.

Rapinoe suffers from severe TDS. A major characteristic of the disease is projection. People with TDS attribute their own negativity and bitterness to him. They can never explain to you how Trump is a racist/bigot/homophobe in a way that a normal person would reason. But that's because you are also racist/bigot/homophobe.

Proof that Rapinoe has TDS? She said, "It would take criminal justice reform". With all of her activism and wokeness, she seems to have missed out on Trump's reforms and all of "Second Chances April". Her position is one of ignorance or perhaps intentional blindness.

As an aside, FC Reign of the National Women's Soccer League was formerly the Seattle Reign until they moved to Tacoma under new ownership. There seems to be a few puns at play in the name. First is the reference to Seattle's frequent rain. Then there is the reference to the reign of a queen. Finally, I am almost certain that whoever was on the naming committee paid tribute to Heart.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 15 May 2019 - 02:23 PM

#2 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

I saw this story today and I expected no less. She joined the Kapernick crusade. He got paid and she didn't.

I love watching the women's and men's national teams, but I don't watch any domestic league games for the men or the women. I will watch top level European games all day long, though.

#3 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

Soccer?

Meh. Don't care.

Another 'athlete' SJW. Don't care.

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

Never heard of her.

RIP.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:43 PM

I don't give a flip.

#6 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

Soccer is a commie sport.

#7 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:59 PM

She can take herself to Canada where they will worship her. These people believe they have a God given right to be liked by everyone and if you don't like them you are a "phobe", sorry it's not like that. I am tired of these brainwashed masses that are clueless to what FREEDOM really means. I can choose to associate with whom I want to just like they can.

#8 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:02 PM

Apparently there is an "I" in team....

#9 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:34 PM

View PostDutch13, on 15 May 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

I saw this story today and I expected no less. She joined the Kapernick crusade. He got paid and she didn't.

I love watching the women's and men's national teams, but I don't watch any domestic league games for the men or the women. I will watch top level European games all day long, though.

Liverpool's point total this year is a club record and highest for a second place finish in Premiere League history. Quite a change from the Brendan Rodgers days.

MLS is getting better (anecdotally, when I went to The Philippines and had to layover in Taiwan, the TVs in the airport showed replays of MLS matches, which struck me as odd on an island hooked on baseball). MLS teams have academies now, which only puts them about 100 years behind the European clubs...

#10 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

View PostSARGE, on 15 May 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Soccer?

Meh. Don't care.

Another 'athlete' SJW. Don't care.

Agreed-I have no interest in men's soccer much less the Title IX women's version. Yes, they don't get big bucks as that comes from advertising games people actually want to see.

#11 User is online   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:13 PM

It's her right to protest, but she sure as hell should not be on a team that represents that which she is protesting.Let her protest from the grandstands, kick her arse off the USA team!

This post has been edited by USNJIMRET: 15 May 2019 - 09:16 PM

#12 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Who is she and why should I care? soccer, in my opinion, is the sport the other winnies play.

#13 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:23 PM

Eventually people will flock to the one game where the only thing that counts is sportsmanship: Curling.

#14 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:59 PM

No matter how much she foams at the mouth, I disagree with her. But I still support the US women痴 soccer team.

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:55 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 15 May 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

Eventually people will flock to the one game where the only thing that counts is sportsmanship: Curling.

I can't tell if you're serious or joking, because most people I know seem to consider curling a "silly" sport. But I'd like to see any of them try to DO it sometime. I tended bar for two years at Seattle's "Granite Curling Club", and got to know the game and the players very well. That is not an easy game to play.

B)

#16 User is online   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:27 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

I can't tell if you're serious or joking, because most people I know seem to consider curling a "silly" sport. But I'd like to see any of them try to DO it sometime. I tended bar for two years at Seattle's "Granite Curling Club", and got to know the game and the players very well. That is not an easy game to play.

B)

:yeahthat:

#17 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:28 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 15 May 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

Liverpool's point total this year is a club record and highest for a second place finish in Premiere League history. Quite a change from the Brendan Rodgers days.

MLS is getting better (anecdotally, when I went to The Philippines and had to layover in Taiwan, the TVs in the airport showed replays of MLS matches, which struck me as odd on an island hooked on baseball). MLS teams have academies now, which only puts them about 100 years behind the European clubs...

1. I can't stand Liverpool. Nothing against the team, really. As with most teams that I don't like (Ohio State and the Yankees immediately come to mind), it has more to do with their a-hole fans than with the team itself.

2. I just flew from the PI to Paris last week and I laid over in Taiwan. They had NBA all over the terminal when I was there.

3. Concur on the 100 years behind. Even some of the sub-Saharan African countries that are literally (for you Monty! :whistle: ) "dirt poor," have academies.

#18 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:05 AM

Send her to a Muslim country.

#19 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

When I read this, the first thing that came to mind was DILLIGAFF. The second thing was let her revel in her soccer brilliance while she can. Some transwoman will probably replace her one day, since that seems to be the going thing in other women's sports.

#20 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:00 AM

View PostJerryL, on 16 May 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

1. I can't stand Liverpool. Nothing against the team, really. As with most teams that I don't like (Ohio State and the Yankees immediately come to mind), it has more to do with their a-hole fans than with the team itself.

I would bet that 50% of the Liverpool fans on rightnation fit that description.....maybe closer to 100%. Outside of rightnation, I see a lot of Liverpool fans on twitter (since I don't follow many other fans from other teams) and I would agree. Anecdotally, the majority are ultra liberals (labor party) as well......which may partially explain them becoming a-holes. If you can find a Liverpool fan in England that does not love Jeremy Corbyn and has does not hate Margaret Thatcher, they are an outcast among the Liverpool fan base.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users