RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Chinese Defense Minister: Tiananmen Square Massacre Was ‘Correct Polic - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chinese Defense Minister: Tiananmen Square Massacre Was ‘Correct Polic Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:29 AM

Chinese Defense Minister: Tiananmen Square Massacre Was 'Correct Policy'

https://www.breitbart.com
by FRANCES MARTEL
3 Jun 2019

Article:

China's defense minister, General Wei Fenghe, told an audience in Singapore Sunday that the Tiananmen Square massacre – the brutal crackdown of anti-communist protests in Beijing in 1989 – was a "correct policy" and credited the mass murder with bringing "stability and development" to the country.

China has spent decades attempting to fully censor the incident and has never allowed estimates on the number killed or imprisoned. Experts believe Chinese Communist Party police and soldiers killed hundreds, if not thousands, of protesters demanding liberal democracy, inspired by the impending fall of the Soviet Union and similar protests nationwide. Until this year, China had largely ignored the anniversary of the protests, censoring all mention of it on the Chinese internet.

In a sign of potentially admitting defeat – or being comfortable enough with its repression to not fear inspiring outrage – Wei answered a question about Tiananmen, defending the incident, and China's state-run newspaper Global Times published an article celebrating the "incident."

Wei spoke at the Shangri-La Dialogue, a global defense forum.

"That incident was a political turbulence and the central government took measures to stop the turbulence which is a correct policy," he said in response to a question about the anniversary of the massacre. "The 30 years have proven that China has undergone major changes China has enjoyed stability and development."

Wei reportedly questioned why the world frowned upon China killing hundreds of its citizens, according to Agence France-Presse, and recommended that critics "visit China" to "better understand" why the Communist Party chose the mode of action it did.

China has invested years of time and energy into erasing the Tiananmen Square massacre. Extensive censorship online redirects or blocks searches for the event, schools do not teach it, and commemorating those killed in public could lead to severe police retribution. Chinese officials closely monitor social media to preemptively block any content educating readers about the killings. As of 2015, only 15 of 100 students surveyed could identify the photo known as "tank man" – the iconic image of a Chinese protester standing in front of a tank in Tiananmen Square. China has never allowed the public to identify the man or revealed his fate.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:09 AM

I know it's bad of me to say it out loud, but whenever we have rioting from the BLM or OWS types, I always begin to wonder if maybe the Chinese knew a thing or two about how to handle that type of situation.

#3 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:22 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 03 June 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

I know it's bad of me to say it out loud, but whenever we have rioting from the BLM or OWS types, I always begin to wonder if maybe the Chinese knew a thing or two about how to handle that type of situation.

Yes. It's called constant surveillance of your entire population. And then imprisoning the suspects without right to trial.

I'd rather be free and have riots. Than be monitored and controlled, and not have riots.

#4 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:06 PM

View PostTikk, on 03 June 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yes. It's called constant surveillance of your entire population. And then imprisoning the suspects without right to trial.

I'd rather be free and have riots. Than be monitored and controlled, and not have riots.

Maybe its time to finally realize that not everyone needs a voice, there are some that should never be heard from, because they are too damn stupid.

#5 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

It doesn't have to be either/or. And while, YES, the Chinese may be an extreme example, I think WE'VE gone too far in the opposite direction. I am mindful that for most of this country's history we were BOTH free AND didn't have OWSers crapping on the streets and/or cop cars nor BLMers murdering LEOs in cold blood nor Black panthers intimidating voters. This crap has become too much. And I DO mean, literally, too much crap.

Say, while we're at it, can we hire the Chinese to clean up Skid Row in LA and parts of SFO?? (I'm only partly joking)(But I'll bet nobody openly craps on the streets of the Chinatown districts in either place, or on the streets of Beijing for that matter. See it once, a truncheon upside the head goes a long way towards discouraging a second occurrence. )

Skip a bit, brother, to about 0:50 or so:

Freedom for MOST of the population. Constant surveillance for the FEW that have demonstrated, by overt words or actions, that it's warranted. Bring back both HUAC and COINTELPRO. Yes, I know, the left screams "Blue Murder" every time either one is mentioned but I for one believe that, while undeniable the occasional abuses occurred, both were, by and large, warranted, and nowhere NEAR as bad as the left would have us believe.

#6 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:31 PM

Watch the videos of OWS and BLM thugs running amok while the police just stand there. The police often let them assault counter protestors and even innocent bystanders. They police only step in after the thugs are getting their asses handed to them.

OWS tried to stage a protest in the Old Market where they laid down in the street to block traffic. The Omaha police dropped pepper bombs on them. The little bastards haven't tried a stunt like that since.

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 03 June 2019 - 06:31 PM

#7 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:10 PM

What I remember most about Tiananmen Square was the replica of the Statue of Liberty the protesters had built. That, the photo of one man standing in front of and blocking an advancing tank and the media blackout the Chinese Gov't implemented before the military moved in and wiped out the protesters. Chinese students were protesting Communism and actually calling out for help from America. It was tough to watch as we stood by and did nothing...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 03 June 2019 - 07:12 PM

#8 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

I mostly agree with Adam. There is NO WAY to have complete freedom for all to do as they please, complete security from others for all, and complete order in society. Some “right” or “freedom” or “safety” has got to give, because there are a substantial number of people who can’t handle not winning and not being in control, who can’t handle everyone having a shot at their pursuit of happiness. Guess who these people are mostly on the political spectrum?

#9 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

View Postzurg, on 03 June 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

I mostly agree with Adam. There is NO WAY to have complete freedom for all to do as they please, complete security from others for all, and complete order in society. Some “right” or “freedom” or “safety” has got to give, because there are a substantial number of people who can’t handle not winning and not being in control, who can’t handle everyone having a shot at their pursuit of happiness. Guess who these people are mostly on the political spectrum?

I will take a wild guess. The ones who think the United States is a democracy not a republic.

#10 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:08 PM

I wonder what they do when it is the govt that is causing the problems, and not the populace?

#11 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 03 June 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

It doesn't have to be either/or. And while, YES, the Chinese may be an extreme example, I think WE'VE gone too far in the opposite direction. I am mindful that for most of this country's history we were BOTH free AND didn't have OWSers crapping on the streets and/or cop cars nor BLMers murdering LEOs in cold blood nor Black panthers intimidating voters. This crap has become too much. And I DO mean, literally, too much crap.

Say, while we're at it, can we hire the Chinese to clean up Skid Row in LA and parts of SFO?? (I'm only partly joking)(But I'll bet nobody openly craps on the streets of the Chinatown districts in either place, or on the streets of Beijing for that matter. See it once, a truncheon upside the head goes a long way towards discouraging a second occurrence. )

Freedom for MOST of the population. Constant surveillance for the FEW that have demonstrated, by overt words or actions, that it's warranted. Bring back both HUAC and COINTELPRO. Yes, I know, the left screams "Blue Murder" every time either one is mentioned but I for one believe that, while undeniable the occasional abuses occurred, both were, by and large, warranted, and nowhere NEAR as bad as the left would have us believe.

I assure you, there is plenty of crap on the streets of Beijing. China is a filthy country. This is not Japan.

#12 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:49 PM

What other Chinese government policies should the US mimic? The one child policy? Internet censorship? Gun control? I know, how about religious persecution?

#13 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 03 June 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

You realize Chinese tourist are hated the world over because they frequently crap in public, right? Its literally the thing they're best known for. Hell you can find videos of it all over Youtube.

#14 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

View PostModerator T, on 05 June 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

You realize Chinese tourist are hated the world over because they frequently crap in public, right? Its literally the thing they're best known for. Hell you can find videos of it all over Youtube.

I knew they were known for being tolerant of letting children (not adults) urinate (not crap) in public. Likewise the Japanese seem to be overly tolerant of public urination. Wasn't aware of the crapping, though.

Okay, found an article. It appears that it DOES happen, at least with children, though isn't necessarily considered acceptable:

--------------------------------

Kotaku East:

Why Kids Keep Crapping in Public in China
Brian Ashcraft; Brin Jiu
Filed to: Culture Smash

Every week, it seems like photos of someone, often little kids, crapping in public appear online in China. This usually creates all kinds of havoc, often with people criticizing the parents (or grandparents) for letting the kids do their business in a public place. But why does it keep happening?

Note: this story contains a subject matter some readers might find uncomfortable.

The vast majority of public crapping in China appears to be limited to kids, but a small number of adults also do it—though they tend to be far more discrete.

In the countryside, outhouses still exist, and the cities have made leaps and bounds in public restrooms (especially in the years leading up to the Beijing Olympics). However, many toilets in the cities can get dodgy. Below is a public toilet in Beijing with warning signs...

Kotaku East Link

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 05 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users