RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Lawfare Strategy – Pelosi House Sets Contempt Vote Against AG Barr For - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lawfare Strategy – Pelosi House Sets Contempt Vote Against AG Barr For June 11th… Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:44 AM

Lawfare Strategy – Pelosi House Sets Contempt Vote Against AG Barr For June 11th…

Conservative Treehouse
by sundance
Posted on June 3, 2019

Excerpt:

Nancy Pelosi and the House Democrats are structuring a contempt vote against U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr for next week, June 11th. As part of the current construct, the Lawfare alliance of legal advisers and staff are writing specific language into the vote that will automatically allow more contempt votes against the Trump administration without hearings.

Their collective goal is to use a legislative vote to open a civil lawsuit against Bill Barr for his failure to deliver the fully unredacted Mueller report to them. Additionally, the contempt vote will be written so that any other arbitrary Trump administration official can also be held in contempt, without a committee vote, and thereby initiate a civil lawsuit against the executive officer that will have to be defended in court.

WASHINGTON DC – The House will vote next week to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt of Congress for failing to comply with a subpoena for special counsel Robert Mueller’s fully unredacted report and underlying evidence, according to multiple Democratic sources.

The resolution would clear the way for the House Judiciary Committee to take Barr to court to enforce its subpoena and settle the matter legally — a crucial step for Democrats seeking to accelerate their obstruction of justice investigation against President Donald Trump.

The vote, which will take place on June 11, will also include broad authority for congressional committees to take legal action against the Trump administration in future subpoena fights, the Democratic sources say. Democrats are still discussing whether to include former White House counsel Don McGahn in the resolution. (read more)

Pelosi and the Lawfare group are avoiding a criminal contempt process because that would require the DOJ to participate. Instead lawyers working on behalf of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, HPSCI Chairman Schiff, and/or White House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings will sue the Trump administration in civil court.

If they can win a civil award (they will carefully select the judge) Pelosi and Nadler can start issuing civil fines for contempt against individual cabinet members. Adam Schiff has previously stated his recommended target amount would be $25,000 per day/per person.

Now go back to December 2018 and the specific rule changes that Pelosi put in place, and you’ll see how this was planned out long ago. This lawfare approach, including every aspect of the Mueller probe and the delivery of the Weissmann report therein, is all part of one carefully planned continuum of activity. By design at the end of their plan is the official impeachment investigation.

Washington, D.C. –The House Judiciary Committee will continue hearings focused on the alleged crimes and other misconduct laid out in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report. The next hearing entitled “Lessons from the Mueller Report: Presidential Obstruction and Other Crimes” will take place on June 10th. The hearing will feature former White House Counsel John Dean as well as former U.S. Attorneys and legal experts. The Committee also plans to consider targeted legislative, oversight and constitutional remedies designed to respond to these matters. (read more)

See how it is all sequenced, timed and connected?

This has been their plan all along. Pelosi’s poo-pooing of impeachment was always a head-fake to the compliant media, designed to fabricate a narrative around unlikely impeachment, and throw people off the scent of a plan that was designed even before the mid-term election of 2018.

[Trust me, Pelosi’s approach to hide their plan works. Look at how many people criticized CTH warnings that Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler and Cummings were planning this out all along.]

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:05 AM

Holder was held in contempt but it came to naught. Any reason should this be different?

Also, I keep hearing that Barr cannot release the unreacted version bc it includes Grand Jury inoo/proceedings, which is against the law. Is this the case? If so, why doesn't Trump or Barr, or Trump/Barr march on out to a microphone and bury this thing once and for all?

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 04 June 2019 - 03:06 AM

#3 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:58 AM

Can this get any more ridiculous?! The hoax that was the Russian collusion charge is dead, proven there's no there there by the Left's own investigator. But now, the idea is to prove that even though no collusion between Trump's people and the Russians took place, that Trump somehow obstructed justice! I don't vote for Lefties for a number of reasons, but if I had been that bleepin' stupid in the past, this latest stunt of theirs would be a game changer. I'd love for a resident Lefty here to explain how this B.S. from their party is acceptable?

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 04 June 2019 - 05:00 AM

#4 User is offline   Currahee! 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:50 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 04 June 2019 - 04:58 AM, said:

Can this get any more ridiculous?! The hoax that was the Russian collusion charge is dead, proven there's no there there by the Left's own investigator. But now, the idea is to prove that even though no collusion between Trump's people and the Russians took place, that Trump somehow obstructed justice! I don't vote for Lefties for a number of reasons, but if I had been that bleepin' stupid in the past, this latest stunt of theirs would be a game changer. I'd love for a resident Lefty here to explain how this B.S. from their party is acceptable?

And that explanation will begin in.....3......2.....1.....

#5 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:48 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 04 June 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

Holder was held in contempt but it came to naught. Any reason should this be different?

Also, I keep hearing that Barr cannot release the unreacted version bc it includes Grand Jury inoo/proceedings, which is against the law. Is this the case? If so, why doesn't Trump or Barr, or Trump/Barr march on out to a microphone and bury this thing once and for all?

They have, where do you think you heard this from. You do realize that both Trump (the accused and obviously guilty) and Barr (untrustworthy) would stand at the podium and give a 1 hour speech about this eloquently citing law and relevant precedent, and the media would play 1 second of picture and outline why Trump and Barr are guilty and therefore incapable of telling the truth. Regardless, they have destroyed these arguments, the Meuller report exonerated Trump and all associates of any nonsense they were investigated for, and yet we are being told that Trump is still guilty of something. Because you know he's Trump.

Oh and anytime Trump tweets, some on here will bitch because that tweet was "mean" or what ever and it's unPresidential and they wished Bush the 14th was really here because it would return the world to it's proper state of a good President that takes it up the butt without so much as an utterance of ouch!
Yeah why don't he... why don't we... They have, they did and they are.

#6 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:14 AM

Democrat use of the legal system: stop those who didn’t break the law, don’t stop those who do.

I don’t know what’s more amazing, that they get away with it, or that their voters continue to allow it to happen.

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

View Postzurg, on 04 June 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

Democrat use of the legal system: stop those who didn’t break the law, don’t stop those who do.

I don’t know what’s more amazing, that they get away with it, or that their voters continue to allow it to happen.

Yup. If it proves nothing else, it still proves the extraordinary ignorance required to vote for Democrats in the first place.

<_<

#8 User is offline   Wonderson 

• Group: Registered Guest

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 04 June 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

I think he is using this to keep the left distracted. They are like children, through a shiny ball and they chase it. Or like the roadrunner and the coyote. While they focus on this, he gets things done and keeps investigating them behind the scenes.

#9 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

Barr and the republicans should just ignore this and tell fat ass Nadler and the rest of his fellow slugs to go pound rock salt.

Holder and the Obamunist set the precedent and the republicans did nothing about that either?

#10 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

The Democrats want to hold Barr in contempt for not giving into their demands that he break the law. These are not serious people. If he were to go up there and moon Congress, he would still be the more dignified party.

#11 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 04 June 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

They have, where do you think you heard this from. You do realize that both Trump (the accused and obviously guilty) and Barr (untrustworthy) would stand at the podium and give a 1 hour speech about this eloquently citing law and relevant precedent, and the media would play 1 second of picture and outline why Trump and Barr are guilty and therefore incapable of telling the truth. Regardless, they have destroyed these arguments, the Meuller report exonerated Trump and all associates of any nonsense they were investigated for, and yet we are being told that Trump is still guilty of something. Because you know he's Trump.

Oh and anytime Trump tweets, some on here will bitch because that tweet was "mean" or what ever and it's unPresidential and they wished Bush the 14th was really here because it would return the world to it's proper state of a good President that takes it up the butt without so much as an utterance of ouch!
Yeah why don't he... why don't we... They have, they did and they are.

Sorry, I don't have twitter and I'm not plugged into the media. I could blame it on the time difference, but frankly, the media sickens me. My life is better without it. :P

#12 User is offline   Jon Wayne 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

The Democrats have officially turned the U.S. into a banana republic. Trump has every right now, actually it will be his duty, to have all the Democrat leaders arrested and put in jail on military bases. Trump can then declare a national state of emergency, impose martial law in D.C., dissolve Congress, and seize control of newspapers and television networks. Sorry democracy has to end like this, but when traitors and lunatics are at the gate there's no other choice. Hey, we had a great run, 243 years ain't too shabby. Perhaps a better country will eventually rise again someday.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users