RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: $586 Billion Later, Health Care Is Worse Than Before Obamacare — - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

$586 Billion Later, Health Care Is Worse Than Before Obamacare — Thanks Obama Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:49 AM

$586 Billion Later, Health Care Is Worse Than Before Obamacare — Thanks Obama

‘I am not the first President to take up this cause, but I am determined to be the last.”

Issues & Insights
I & I Editorial Board
4 June 2019

Excerpt:

That was how then-President Barack Obama pitched Obamacare to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 9, 2009. He described a health care system in crisis and promised that his reforms would “provide more security and stability to those who have health insurance. It will provide insurance for those who don’t. And it will slow the growth of health care costs for our families, our businesses, and our government.”

Nearly a decade after having his vision realized, how have his promises worked out?

Based on polling data, Obamacare has been a miserable failure, and Obama will be far from the last president to grapple with this issue.

The most recent Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds that health care is at the top of the nation’s priority list, with 24 percent of respondents listing it as their top priority for the federal government. Next on the list is immigration, at 18 percent, and after that, economic growth at 14 percent.

The poll also found that 42 percent list health care as either their first or second choice on the priority list.

Back in June 2008, when Obama was running for president, only 8 percent rated health care as a top priority, just 20 percent as their first or second priority. Of course, the economy was in a recession and the country at war with Iraq, both of which weighed heavily on the public’s mind at the time.

But even in earlier years when the economy was doing well, health care ranked far lower on the list of priorities than it does today. In June 2006, only 14 percent ranked it as No. 1 on their list. A year later, 15 percent said it was their top priority.

An ongoing Gallup survey finds that the public was actually more satisfied with their own coverage and quality of health care in 2007 than they were in 2018. Other surveys find cost remains a major complaint.

And just how much did taxpayers spend for these dismal results? Since Obamacare went into effect in 2014, it has cost taxpayers $586 billion in additional Medicaid spending and insurance subsidies. The government also spent billions building the Obamacare exchanges, and billions more on a failed government-subsidized health insurance co-op experiment. In addition, Obamacare added some $270 billion in additional overhead costs to comply with its 10,000 pages of regulations.

Over the next decade, Obamacare’s subsidies will cost $1.6 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

That’s a tremendous amount of money for health care reforms that have succeeded only in making the country more anxious about health care than they were before.

Of course, Obamacare failed to achieved (sic) most of Obama’s other promises.

*snip*

Full Editorial

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/uploads/1554179283/med_gallery_6518_223_51397.jpg

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:07 PM

Boy, Obama is AWESOME!!!! :hairpull:

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:29 PM

BUT IT'S FREE!

...says every democrat Too stupid to know any better...

#5 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

View PostSeverian, on 05 June 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

Boy, Obama is AWESOME!!!! :hairpull:

I'm sure the Left would love to make him President for Life, a record that speaks for itself is just a distraction created by the Right...

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:52 PM

Saddest of all, millions of us predicted long in advance that this is exactly what would happen if Obamacare was passed. Myself included.

Some of you long-time members might recall that way back in the earliest days of HollywoodHalfwits/RightNation I was an outspoken supporter of socialized medicine. Yes, Newbies, it's true, I posted in support of socialized medicine many times. But here's the thing: As a true liberal (as opposed to today's leftists who pretend to be "liberals" :rolleyes:), I am capable of being persuaded to change my mind when the facts overwhelm my erstwhile position.

And so it was with socialized medicine - People who knew the facts better than I did managed to present those facts clearly, and I was forced to change my mind if I was going to preserve my honesty and credibility. So I did. I changed my mind and my position. I now understand that socialized medicine is NOT a solution to healthcare costs and/or problems.

B)

#7 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:04 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 June 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

And so it was with socialized medicine - People who knew the facts better than I did managed to present those facts clearly, and I was forced to change my mind if I was going to preserve my honesty and credibility. So I did. I changed my mind and my position. I now understand that socialized medicine is NOT a solution to healthcare costs and/or problems.

Another difference between leftists and conservatives -

The conservatives treated you as an adult. They presented the facts; they didn't insult your intelligence, or question your compassion to badger you into changing your mind.

And you were intelligent enough to do an honest evaluation of the facts you were presented.

Both sides won, , , ,

#8 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

Soooo.... partially socialized medicine is a failure .... fully socialized medicine is a disaster .... what to do, what to do????

What if we went the opposite direction and let health insurance and healthcare become completely privatized, with government only serving as an enforcer of laws and regulations??? What if THAT idea delivered quality healthcare to ALL, including the poor?

OMG....can’t be true, right big-government-leftists??

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:28 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 05 June 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Another difference between leftists and conservatives -

The conservatives treated you as an adult. They presented the facts; they didn't insult your intelligence, or question your compassion to badger you into changing your mind.

And you were intelligent enough to do an honest evaluation of the facts you were presented.

Both sides won, , , ,

Exactly. True, classical liberals (like myself) care about truth, facts, honesty, integrity, etc. That means we are capable of agreeing with conservatives when they're right, and disagreeing with leftists when they're wrong. And like it or not, today's leftists make a habit of being wrong A LOT. It's almost like they're competing with each other to win the "most stupid of all" trophy.

B)

#10 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:30 PM

View Postzurg, on 05 June 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

. . .What if we went the opposite direction and let health insurance and healthcare become completely privatized, with government only serving as an enforcer of laws and regulations??? What if THAT idea delivered quality healthcare to ALL, including the poor?. .

At least one fly in the ointment: when has anyone ever known a politician to cede control or give up even a scintilla of power once he or she has tasted its delights? Government will continue to muck up healthcare forever.

#11 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

View PostLiz, on 05 June 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

At least one fly in the ointment: when has anyone ever known a politician to cede control or give up even a scintilla of power once he or she has tasted its delights? Government will continue to muck up healthcare forever.

I know... we’ve ceded power to them AND awe willingly go vote them in again every couple of years!! We must be stuck on stupid, to be honest.

#12 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 June 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

It's almost like they're competing with each other to win the "most stupid of all" trophy.

They're all winning. . . .

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 05 June 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

They're all winning. . . .

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif

:giggle:

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

The "Affordable Health Care Act" isn't and never was.

Just as every other federal government law passed such as "The Patriot Act".

They are always the exact opposite of their name.

#15 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:01 PM

So the rest of you aren’t saving 2500$ and haven’t kept your own doctor with better health care? Damn and I thought I was the only one negatively effected.

#16 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 June 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Saddest of all, millions of us predicted long in advance that this is exactly what would happen if Obamacare was passed. Myself included.

Some of you long-time members might recall that way back in the earliest days

As I've said for many years, being smart & observant is a curse

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:22 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 05 June 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

As I've said for many years, being smart & observant is a curse

It makes ya a boring old fart, LOL.

:(

Share this topic: