RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: CNNís Prime Time Ratings Fall Into Dumpster Fire Territory, Not Even T - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CNNís Prime Time Ratings Fall Into Dumpster Fire Territory, Not Even T Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:56 AM

CNNís Prime Time Ratings Fall Into Dumpster Fire Territory, Not Even Top 15 Anymore
Redstate.com
Posted at 10:10 am on June 5, 2019 by Bonchie

CNN got some bad news on its May ratings. Namely, that they continued to trend into dumpster fire territory.

While CNN is bragging that it beat MSNBC in the daytime ratings, the real meat of itís programming in prime time continued to get shellacked by the other liberal network and absolutely destroyed by Fox News. Here are some of the numbers.

The not-so-good news is that CNN stumbled in prime time relative to recent months and years, finishing a distant third place behind Fox News and MSNBC in the relevant categories, and dropping out of the top 15 basic cable networks in total prime time viewers altogether.

Compared with what the network averaged in May 2018 , CNN was -9% in total prime time viewers, -16% in total day viewers, 30% in the prime time demo, and -31% in the total day demo this month.

Primary debate season canít come soon enough for a network which thrives on big event coverage. Compared to May 2018, where CNN was riding the collusion hoax train to the bank everyday, they are essentially collapsing. This is especially bad because this May included the 2020 Democrat primary race, which has been heating up since April. Despite that, CNN dropped out of the top 15 in viewership during prime time.

That means reruns on The Food Network are beating out their prime time lineup. This is how bad things look.

Primetime (Mon-Sun): 761,000 Total Viewers / 185,000 A25-54
There are conservative blogs that pull in more eyes than that.

In response, CNN continued itís Baghdad Bob routine by putting out this press release.

• CNN BEATS MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY AMONG ADULTS 25-54 IN MAY
  • Tops MSNBC in Dayside Demo for 63rd Straight Month; Longest Streak on Record
  • CNN Posts Third-Highest May in 11 Years in Weekday Prime Time in Total Viewers
  • Outperforms MSNBC on Weekends in Demo
  • CNN Ranks as Top 10 Network in All of Cable for 17th Consecutive Month

This is like bragging that your professional baseball team won the city softball league. Congrats on beating out Nicole Wallace and Katy Tur. Quite the feat there CNN. Notice Fox News isnít mentioned anywhere because they are getting killed by them, even in daytime ratings.

As the layoffs keep coming at CNN, itís clear they are losing money at this point. You canít sustain their level of spending by winning the daytime demo over a marginal liberal news network. Prime time is where the bread is buttered and CNNís ratings are hilariously awful. Fox News is garnering 3-4x the viewership in the same time slots.

CNN is like your old friend from high school who never amounted to anything but still wants to be treated like the king of the school. Weíve reached the point where they donít even deserve the relevancy they are given. When Chris Cuomo is your lead draw and Don Lemon is considered an ďanchor,Ē that doesnít strike me as a recipe for success. The numbers bear that out.

LINK

Enjoy :D

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:17 AM

Out of curiosity I took a quick look at both CNN and MSNBC early yesterday evening and both were engaged in Trump bashing. What a bunch of idiots...

#3 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:59 AM

:biglaugh:

#4 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:55 AM

I would like to see Jake Tapper salvaged by Fox News. He is a good reporter/ interviewer rotting on the vine of CNN.Fox has done a good job of poaching some of CNN's best talent. Ed Henry and Greta van Susturen both came from CNN.

This post has been edited by Dutch13: 07 June 2019 - 09:07 AM

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

View PostDutch13, on 07 June 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

I would like to see Jake Tapper salvaged by Fox News. He is a good reporter/ interviewer rotting on the vine of CNN.Fox has done a good job of poaching some of CNN's best talent. Ed Henry and Greta van Susturen both came from CNN.

And in at least one case, it went the other way: Alisyn Camerota, who used to work at FoxNews (and had fairly good ratings) is now at CNN (and probably gets about 6 regular viewers...*)

*Yes lefties, "6" was a deliberate underestimation...

...It's probably closer to 12 or so...

;)

#6 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:02 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 June 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

And in at least one case, it went the other way: Alisyn Camerota, who used to work at FoxNews (and had fairly good ratings) is now at CNN (and probably gets about 6 regular viewers...*)

*Yes lefties, "6" was a deliberate underestimation...

...It's probably closer to 12 or so...

;)

I used to like her.......but not so much anymore. I only see her in excerpts, with some real azzholes on the left.

#7 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

Don "Cry me a river" Lemon was quoted, during a filming at a local park, he had been called a N***** and F!@@(T.....and they wonder why no-one, except the completely unhinged left even watch.

#8 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:15 PM

What would thier ratings be if it wasnít running exclusively in every airport etc? Just saying if you took the hostage viewers out of thier ratings? Thatís the only time I see cnn or msn

This post has been edited by Squirrel: 07 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

#9 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:17 PM

I put a search into Safari: ďanchor departures from CNNĒ. I got nothing listed... except ďCNN current staffĒ and ďhow much do CNN anchors makeĒ and ďwho was just fired from Fox NewsĒ. And the like. Everything except what I asked for, even on the following 3-4 pages.

Theyíre not even trying to cover it up anymore! Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Fake News Networks, etc etc etc.....HEY YOU THERE! WE ARENíT STUPID! WE KNOW SHAT YOU'RE DOING!!! FQ!.

PS: search for ďanchor departures from Fox NewsĒ yields all kinds of results, pages and pages, on topic and with derogatory articles from Washington Post and the like. IT IS SOOOOOO OBVIOUS!

This post has been edited by zurg: 07 June 2019 - 10:20 PM

#10 User is offline   donsaliman 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:57 PM

Just take away hotels and airports, and then let us see time rating they have

#11 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:16 PM

Funny thing is at this point do they have any willing viewers? I mean seriously, these numbers can't be much more than the number of Dr's offices and airports out there

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users