RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Biden's Triple Flip-Flop Reveals Abortion Extremism Of Democrats - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Biden's Triple Flip-Flop Reveals Abortion Extremism Of Democrats Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

Biden's Triple Flip-Flop Reveals Abortion Extremism Of Democrats

Washington Examiner
by Philip Klein
June 07, 2019 11:24 AM

Excerpt:

I think it's fair to award Joe Biden with a triple flip-flop for his recent abortion acrobatics.

Here's how I'd keep score.

A long time supporter of the Hyde Amendment, which restricts Medicaid from paying for abortions, Biden, in a rope line exchange with an ACLU activist last month, said "it can't stay." This was captured on video. That would count as a single flip-flop.

On Wednesday, NBC reported that the Biden campaign confirmed that he still supports Hyde, and the campaign put out a hard to believe statement that he misheard the ACLU activist's question. That would be a double flip-flop. Accepting that he misunderstood the question, by the way, would only be believable if he's totally forgotten the details of an important federal policy that he supported for decades as a senator — which in turn, raises serious questions about his accelerated age.

But digging in to his support for Hyde triggered a massive backlash on Twitter, with his 2020 rivals seizing on the controversy to affirm their support for overturning Hyde. By Thursday night, Biden had switched again, arguing that, he "can’t justify leaving millions of women without access to care they need and the ability to constitute, exercise their constitutionally protected right."

National Review's John McCormack sums it up succinctly:

Recapping Biden's positions on the Hyde amendment:

1976-May 8, 2019: Supports

May 8, 2019-June 4, 2019: Opposes

June 5, 2019-8:00pm on June 6, 2019: Supports

8:00pm on June 6, 2019-present: Opposes https://t.co/E4BOsrXWbHhttps://t.co/7tsrKfKHRe

— John McCormack (@McCormackJohn) June 7, 2019

From a political perspective, Biden's sloppy triple reversal says a lot about the unpreparedness of his presidential campaign and raises questions about whether he can carry his current polling leads through the finish line nearly a year and a half from now.

But beyond that, it also speaks volumes about the pro-abortion extremism of the Democratic Party.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

And the Japanese judge gave him an 8.5. . .

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:11 PM

He's a Democrat. What'd you expect? Consistency? Honesty? Integrity?

Well that was kinda dumb wasn't it? As I said: He's a Democrat. Look for none of the above.

:nono:

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 07 June 2019 - 04:12 PM

#4 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:53 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 07 June 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

And the Japanese judge gave him an 8.5. . .

Pretty stingy for a triple! AND Biden only got straight D's for his classes...

#5 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

Meh, doesn't change my vote.

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:57 PM

There are SOME Dems who can be persuaded. The so-called "Reagan Dems" of the '80s. And maybe NOW they're they're the "Trump Dems" of '20

I'm not going to write them off. In fact I OUR message for the next 18 mo's or so should be to target this group.

#7 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:04 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 07 June 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

There are SOME Dems who can be persuaded. The so-called "Reagan Dems" of the '80s. And maybe NOW they're they're the "Trump Dems" of '20

I'm not going to write them off. In fact I OUR message for the next 18 mo's or so should be to target this group.

Name a "Trump Dem". F'ing Congresscritter Don Bacon (R-NE, 2nd District) voted for illegals over citizens and legal immigration. He is done.

#8 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:21 AM

Biden to his campaign staff, "Would you people find out what I'm supposed to say?! I'm getting killed here!"

#9 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:59 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 07 June 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Agreed. The Democrats will keep the Republican base energized. Trump should concentrate on the intransigence of the Democrats on Immigration/border issues, and economy. Keep things like Kate Steinle, a million-plus illegals streaming across the southern border etc. at the forefront of the messaging. Drop the whining about the Dem investigations; just make the point they're not getting anything done (although it's my view the less Congress does the better!).

Soundbites:

"What has the Democrat Party done for you in the past four years?"

#10 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:02 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 08 June 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

Biden to his campaign staff, "Would you people find out what I'm supposed to say?! I'm getting killed here!"

To his staff and Alyssa Milano<<<<<From what I hear he flipped when she called his campaign

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 June 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

He's a Democrat. What'd you expect? Consistency? Honesty? Integrity?

Well that was kinda dumb wasn't it? As I said: He's a Democrat. Look for none of the above.

:nono:

:exactly:

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:33 AM

No spine..

Goodbye.

#13 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 07 June 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

Name a "Trump Dem". F'ing Congresscritter Don Bacon (R-NE, 2nd District) voted for illegals over citizens and legal immigration. He is done.

Amongst voters?

An uncle of mine in Toledo, for one. Retired maintenance worker for Detroit Edison (now DTE Energy) and a union man to the core. Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) local 223. Usually votes democrat and was a HUGE follower of Lyndon LaRouche(D) (RIP Feb '19) back in the day. Usually votes Democrat but claims to have voted for Reagan over Carter in '80 and Trump in '16. No idea where he stood on Bill Clinton or the Bushes; knowing him, I suspect he voted for Perot both in '92 and '96.

To be sure, the "LaRouche Wing" of the Dem party is usually considered a fringe element of the party rather than mainstream... but they're enough to make a difference at times, especially in the rust belt "Swing States".

Here's another Example, in Pennsylvania...

Voices from Democratic Counties Where Trump Won Big
BY ELIZABETH DIAS, HALEY SWEETLAND EDWARDS AND KARL VICK
Full story at Time Magazine

Among Donald Trump’s supporters, the real estate mogul’s victory was akin to a revolution, a mandate delivered en masse by working class voters sidelined in the modern economy.

“On Election Night, I couldn’t believe it was happening. I was up late watching every state go Trump and I was baffled,” said Sue Stavish-O’Boyle, a long-time Democrat from Forty Fort, Pennsylvania who voted enthusiastically for Trump. “I thought, wow, I can’t believe it! The little people have a voice!”

There was a lot of that. Trump’s victory was no less shocking to the 65.3 million who voted for Hillary Clinton. And the problem was not only that pollsters and pundits failed to foresee that former Democrats like Stavish-O’Boyle in the Rust Belt would flip to Trump....

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 08 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

#14 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:16 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 08 June 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Amongst voters?

An uncle of mine in Toledo, for one. Retired maintenance worker for Detroit Edison (now DTE Energy) and a union man to the core. Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) local 223. Usually votes democrat and was a HUGE follower of Lyndon LaRouche(D) (RIP Feb '19) back in the day. Usually votes Democrat but claims to have voted for Reagan over Carter in '80 and Trump in '16. No idea where he stood on Bill Clinton or the Bushes; knowing him, I suspect he voted for Perot both in '92 and '96.

To be sure, the "LaRouche Wing" of the Dem party is usually considered a fringe element of the party rather than mainstream... but they're enough to make a difference at times, especially in the rust belt "Swing States".

Here's another Example, in Pennsylvania...

Voices from Democratic Counties Where Trump Won Big
BY ELIZABETH DIAS, HALEY SWEETLAND EDWARDS AND KARL VICK

Among Donald Trump’s supporters, the real estate mogul’s victory was akin to a revolution, a mandate delivered en masse by working class voters sidelined in the modern economy.

“On Election Night, I couldn’t believe it was happening. I was up late watching every state go Trump and I was baffled,” said Sue Stavish-O’Boyle, a long-time Democrat from Forty Fort, Pennsylvania who voted enthusiastically for Trump. “I thought, wow, I can’t believe it! The little people have a voice!”

There was a lot of that. Trump’s victory was no less shocking to the 65.3 million who voted for Hillary Clinton. And the problem was not only that pollsters and pundits failed to foresee that former Democrats like Stavish-O’Boyle in the Rust Belt would flip to Trump....

My parents always went democrat until Reagan came along. They got sick of the giveaways. In the 70s we lived in Hamburger Helper 7 days a week when ground beef didn’t cost anything. Mom got really irritated seeing food stamp recipients buying steaks in front of her at the checkout line in Safeway.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users