RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Alan Dershowitz: 'I Am Appalled At Nancy Pelosi,' She Sounds - RightNation.US

Alan Dershowitz: 'I Am Appalled At Nancy Pelosi,' She Sounds Like Stalin Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:10 AM

Alan Dershowitz: 'I Am Appalled At Nancy Pelosi,' She Sounds Like Stalin

Washington Examiner
by John Gage
June 06, 2019 11:35 PM

Excerpt:

Alan Dershowitz criticized Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi after she reportedly said she wants to see President Trump in prison.

"As a liberal Democrat, I am appalled at Nancy Pelosi," Dershowitz, a civil liberties advocate and former Harvard law professor, said Thursday on Fox News. "The idea of her weaponizing the criminal justice system and calling for the imprisonment of the President of the United States without him being charged with any crime, without him being charged with any impeachable offense. It's just outrageous."

"It sounds like the conversation between Stalin and Beria where Beria said to Stalin, 'Show me the man, and I'll find you the crime,'" Dershowitz said.

"The idea of the most important Democrat in the United States calling for imprisonment of a president is such core violation of civil liberties, the rule of law, and America justice. She ought to be absolutely ashamed of herself," he said.

Dershowitz's comments follow the California Democrat reportedly saying she wanted Trump to be put in prison Tuesday during a meeting of top Democratic lawmakers.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   helton 

• Blueberries good, liberals bad!
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:18 AM

Thank you Alan Dershowitz for putting the Constitution above politics.

#3 User is offline   House MD 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:07 PM

View Posthelton, on 08 June 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Thank you Alan Dershowitz for putting the Constitution above politics.

:yeahthat: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#4 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:44 PM

I swear I heard something similar in October 2016 and the same people that are condemning this statement by Pelosi were cheering back then.

#5 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostDutch13, on 08 June 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

I swear I heard something similar in October 2016 and the same people that are condemning this statement by Pelosi were cheering back then.

I don't remember Paul Ryan saying anything about putting Obama in prison back in October of 2016.

#6 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:19 PM

If you're speaking to the chants of "Lock her up" directed at Hillary Clinton' I'll stipulate they were premature. There was still uncertainty regarding the criminality of her actions. Not now.

I'm not aware of any solid criminal evidence against Trump that supports Pelosi's statement she wants to see Trump in prison.

Magic Rat is right -- there is no equivalence between crowds at campaign rallies and a Speaker of the House.

#7 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

Just goes to show you how bat<censored> crazy the Democrat party has become. People who were “liberal” when I was young are now fringe right wing reactionaries.

Bat<censored> crazy.

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:25 PM

Huh??? I don't follow at all. If you're talking about the "Lock Her Up!" chants, Hillary is a criminal. An irrefutably-proven criminal. A traitor too, as a matter of fact. Trump has been fully exonerated of all charges. There is just plain no honest comparison.

If you mean something else, you'll have to make yourself clear.

B)

#9 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 June 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Huh??? I don't follow at all. If you're talking about the "Lock Her Up!" chants, Hillary is a criminal. An irrefutably-proven criminal. A traitor too, as a matter of fact. Trump has been fully exonerated of all charges. There is just plain no honest comparison.

If you mean something else, you'll have to make yourself clear.

B)

Correct, this is still America and we have the right to speak the truth. Comey let her slide and everyone knew it. It's all going to be exposed and she damned well better be locked up.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:42 PM

View PostCoach, on 08 June 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

Correct, this is still America and we have the right to speak the truth. Comey let her slide and everyone knew it. It's all going to be exposed and she damned well better be locked up.

:2up:

#11 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:55 PM

Lets see in 2016, we had already had indications that Obama ordered illegal investigations into the media, had ordered gun running into Mexico, took down a foreign government in Libya, and Egypt and was working to overthrow Syria, had political enemies investigated by the IRS, FBI and other agencies, almost shut down coal mining in the US, almost shut down the gun industry by coordinating with banks around the nation to deny them lines of credit. That's just the tip of the iceberg. All of those actions were ILLEGAL or at the very least unethical. They were all run by the White House or appointees of Obama. So what illegal actions has Trump done? Beat Hillary? Humiliated the Bush family? How about deregulated most of those political activities by the various agencies. How about creating the best growth in our economy since Reagan? Is that a crime?

You have a strange memory.

#12 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Selective memory or what cnn told you to remember? That memory is way off base from the facts

#13 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

"I didn't think I'd say this and I'm going to say it and I hate to say it. … If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception," Trump said.

And as soon as he was elected, he backtracked on this promise...... because he was as serious about it as Pelosi is now.

This post has been edited by Dutch13: 09 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

#14 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:38 PM

View PostDutch13, on 09 June 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

"I didn't think I'd say this and I'm going to say it and I hate to say it. … If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception," Trump said.

And as soon as he was elected, he backtracked on this promise...... because he was as serious about it as Pelosi is now.

He backtracked because he wanted to make nice. It didn’t work. It never works with the left, they hate you once, they hate you forever. Trump appears to have learned this, and given what Barr is doing, it’s far from over for Hillary.

Let’s make another thing clear - your comparison of Trump threatening action against Hillary is TOTALLY different than pelosi threatening to have Trump put in jail: Hillary is a criminal, Trump is not.

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM

OK, I think I understand your position better, but I don't think you're being fair. As Zurg said (and I fully agree), Trump "backtracked" because he was trying to "play nice"; trying to bring the country back together after a vicious and ugly election. But it hasn't worked - Democrats are simply pathologically incapable of growing the hell up. Trump was trying to approach the issue as a mature adult, but Democrats are still throwing mud pies on the kindergarten playground.

B)

#16 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:32 PM

MontyPython said:

1560116694[/url]' post='685590872']
OK, I think I understand your position better, but I don't think you're being fair. As Zurg said (and I fully agree), Trump "backtracked" because he was trying to "play nice"; trying to bring the country back together after a vicious and ugly election. But it hasn't worked - Democrats are simply pathologically incapable of growing the hell up. Trump was trying to approach the issue as a mature adult, but Democrats are still throwing mud pies on the kindergarten playground.

B)

This whole thread, though, about Pelosi doing or saying something “unprecedented” is false. Trump WAS the precedent. He was wrong and she is wrong. He said it ONLY for votes and she is doing the same.

#17 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

View PostDutch13, on 09 June 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

This whole thread, though, about Pelosi doing or saying something “unprecedented” is false. Trump WAS the precedent. He was wrong and she is wrong. He said it ONLY for votes and she is doing the same.

I don’t understand this at all. Nuances in English please.

#18 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:39 PM

I’d like to see a list of a presidential candidate that has kept more of his campaign promises to date. I’m very happy with his performance so far. Plus he’s delivering more daily while the democrats fight every step and the rhinos won’t support him. So if it takes time I have no reason to think so far he lied for votes.

#19 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

View PostDutch13, on 09 June 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

Well then again, I'm forced to disagree.

First off, I dunno who said "unprecedented", but it wasn't me.

And second - I disagree that he was "wrong" AND disagree that he said it "ONLY for votes". He meant exactly what he said when he said it, and only changed his mind later, after going through such a vicious election. He figured the country needed healing, not more hatred, and tried to play nice. But the Democrats have made that impossible.

Trump's no saint by any stretch, but the current level of political acrimony and spiteful maliciousness must be credited to the Democrats, not Trump.

<_<

#20 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:01 PM

Do you think he backtracked on that promise because he was lying, or because he realized if he did anything like that people like you would be out like the night of the long knives slashing his back? You do realize there are quite a few "centrist" republican's like you running around the Senate and the House and they have leverage over this man simply because they are bought by the other side.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users