RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: House Democrats Think They Deserve a ‘Modest’ $4,500 Raise - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

House Democrats Think They Deserve a ‘Modest’ $4,500 Raise Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

House Democrats Think They Deserve a 'Modest' $4,500 Raise
BY C. DOUGLAS GOLDEN
PUBLISHED JUNE 6, 2019 AT 10:44AM
Western Journal

<More Here>

The 27th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution has an interesting history. Originally proposed in 1789, it wasn't until a determined University of Texas student took on its cause did it get ratified — in 1992. The text goes as follows: "No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened."

There's an election in 2020. I'm just saying, since the Democrats in the House of Representatives think they're doing such a bang-up job they deserve a hefty raise.

"House spending leaders want to break a decade-long pay freeze and give members of Congress a cost-of-living bump that could pad their salaries with an extra $4,500 next year," Politico reported Tuesday. "Congressional salaries have been frozen at about $174,000 since 2009, when Democrats controlled Congress and decided to suspend automatic cost-of-living increases while heading into the 2010 election year." That didn't work and they lost the House. Now they have it back — so, uh, party time?

"There is strong bipartisan support for these modest inflation adjustments," Evan Hollander, spokesman for the House Appropriations Committee, said. According to Politico, he also "not[ed] that the panel does not have to take action to allow the automatic increases and will simply be forgoing language that would block the raises."

"If members want to alter or eliminate the [cost-of-living adjustment], they should do so through the authorizing process — not appropriations bills," Hollander said. In other words, Hollander is well on his way to being a professional liar. Good work, kid.

So, what exactly has the Democrat-led House done to deserve a $4,500 taxpayer-funded pay increase?

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

As soon as they can list thier achievements, bottom line numbers , how they helped the country and people they represent. Hell I can’t get members here list an Obama era accomplishment by democrats let alone discuss or defend one. In my world non productivity = fired not raise.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

So, what exactly has the Democrat-led House done to deserve a $4,500 taxpayer-funded pay increase?

I'd say the case is exactly the opposite: They have proven they deserve a drastic pay-CUT. They've wasted two and a half years and millions of dollars harassing the best president this country has had in decades, purely because they didn't expect him to win. They've lied, they've cheated, they've proven themselves shameless hypocrites and in many cases, outright traitors to their country.

In fact, a "pay-cut" isn't nearly enough for many of them. Many of them deserve prison sentences.

F 'em all.
<_<

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users