RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Biden Fundraiser Ditches Him And Warns Others May Too - RightNation.US

Biden Fundraiser Ditches Him And Warns Others May Too Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:34 PM

Biden Fundraiser Ditches Him And Warns Others May Too

Politico
By QUINT FORGEY
Updated 06/28/2019 03:54 PM EDT

Excerpt:

A fundraiser for Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign said he is no longer supporting the former vice president's White House bid — and predicted that others may follow suit.

Tom McInerney, a San Francisco-based attorney who was a lead bundler for former President Barack Obama, told CNBC he informed Biden's team of his decision on June 20.

The news of his break comes one day after Biden delivered an uneven debate performance that provoked new doubts about his candidacy and turned a spotlight back on his controversial statements and past policy positions on civil rights and abortion.

“I had actually let the campaign know I’d pulled back my support of Biden for now,” McInerney told the cable network, adding, “I don’t think he did well last night."

And in a potentially troubling sign for Biden, McInerny predicted that others were likely souring on the Democratic front-runner. “I would imagine I’m not alone,” he said.

In the most notable exchange of Thursday’s debate, Kamala Harris unloaded an impassioned criticism of Biden’s decades-old resistance to federally enforced busing to desegregate public schools. The California senator also rebuked his widely criticized comments from earlier this month about working with segregationist lawmakers during his time in the Senate.

A host of Biden’s primary rivals have sought to inflict further damage on the top-polling Democrat in the hours since the confrontation on stage — calling out his compromises with Senate Republicans, slamming his vote to approve the Iraq War, and casting doubt on his ability to help bridge America’s racial divides.

Helping to blunt the deluge of negative headlines, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, an African American woman, announced her endorsement of Biden’s campaign Friday, and the candidate himself launched into damage control mode during remarks at the Rev. Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition convention.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:56 AM

A hostst (sp) of Biden’s primary rivals have sought to inflict further damage on the top-polling Democrat in the hours since the confrontation on stage — calling out his compromises with Senate Republicans, slamming his vote to approve the Iraq War, and casting doubt on his ability to help bridge America’s racial divides.

So lemme get this straight: Being willing to compromise is a "bad" thing and automatically disqualifies him from consideration. The "reasoning" apparently being that only mule-stubborn @$$holes who are incapable and unwilling to compromise will be able to "bridge America’s racial divides". (Racial divides that would've been history long ago anyway if not for Democrat policies keeping them alive for purely partisan political purposes.)

But I can't help being somewhat relieved the rest of the pack are ganging up against Biden. He's the only one that I believed actually stood a serious chance of beating Trump. If the rest of those worthless cretins do manage to knock Biden out of contention, I'll be a lot less worried about Trump losing the election.

B)

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:36 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 29 June 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

So lemme get this straight: Being willing to compromise is a "bad" thing and automatically disqualifies him from consideration. The "reasoning" apparently being that only mule-stubborn @$$holes who are incapable and unwilling to compromise will be able to "bridge America’s racial divides". (Racial divides that would've been history long ago anyway if not for Democrat policies keeping them alive for purely partisan political purposes.)

But I can't help being somewhat relieved the rest of the pack are ganging up against Biden. He's the only one that I believed actually stood a serious chance of beating Trump. If the rest of those worthless cretins do manage to knock Biden out of contention, I'll be a lot less worried about Trump losing the election.

B)

But we're the uncompromising ones, remember. <_<

I concur re: Biden.

#4 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:20 AM

Not sure the word 'compromise' is even in the Left's vocabulary, elections have consequences was Obama's take on compromise. My question to an older person like Biden who should know better, is how he can reconcile his God given ability to think, with the notion that killing a newborn just after delivery is OK. Or that opening our border to an invasion is somehow good for the country. A fundraiser's worried he's supporting the wrong candidate in Biden?! He's supporting the wrong Party, their BS will never fly with the American people

#5 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:23 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 29 June 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

But we're the uncompromising ones, remember. http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

I concur re: Biden.

To a Democrat, Republican compromise is the same as capitulation. . .

#6 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:42 AM

Gotta love the left. The one candidate that may be able to beat Trump, is the one they are trying to sabotage.

This is what happens when you let your emotions lead. The left is all about emotions.

#7 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:52 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 29 June 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

B)

I’m actually getting ever so slightly worried about Harris. Not because her ideas are good or the average American would agree with them. Not at all. But because of image. A whitish-looking black woman. A great Michelle replacement. She’ll erase “income inequality” (another one of those leftwing made up terms of outrage that mean nothing but imply something). But most of all, by standing up to Biden, she’s shown that her “black woman” fury can bury old white guys. I can just hear the chorus of “you go girl” from the blacks and the Rapinoes alike. Can regular Americans get caught up in that BS alike they got caught up in the fabricated Obama image?

#8 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 29 June 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:

Not sure the word 'compromise' is even in the Left's vocabulary, elections have consequences was Obama's take on compromise. My question to an older person like Biden who should know better, is how he can reconcile his God given ability to think, with the notion that killing a newborn just after delivery is OK. Or that opening our border to an invasion is somehow good for the country. A fundraiser's worried he's supporting the wrong candidate in Biden?! He's supporting the wrong Party, their BS will never fly with the American people

Compromise is in their vocabulary, it is defined as Compromise: the other side gives this to us because we are so awesome. That woosh you hear is our awesomness swooping by".

#9 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

Crash and burn, Joey Plugs.

I wish you all the worst.

Here's hoping that your party gets annihilated.

#10 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:25 AM

View Postzurg, on 29 June 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

I’m actually getting ever so slightly worried about Harris. Not because her ideas are good or the average American would agree with them. Not at all. But because of image. A whitish-looking black woman. A great Michelle replacement. She’ll erase “income inequality” (another one of those leftwing made up terms of outrage that mean nothing but imply something). But most of all, by standing up to Biden, she’s shown that her “black woman” fury can bury old white guys. I can just hear the chorus of “you go girl” from the blacks and the Rapinoes alike. Can regular Americans get caught up in that BS alike they got caught up in the fabricated Obama image?

Good points. The media wants a woman to go against Trump. So it will be down to Harris or Warren. I hope it’s Warren, but my guess is it’s Harris.

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, it's both sad and infuriating: She doesn't need any qualifications other than being black and being a woman. That's enough to guarantee she'll get millions of votes. "Intelligent"? Who cares? "Experienced"? Who cares? "Honest"? Who cares? "Integrity"? Who cares? And so on, right down the list.

<_<

#12 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:04 AM

View PostRock N, on 29 June 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

Crash and burn, Joey Plugs.

I wish you all the worst.

Here's hoping that your party gets annihilated.

:exactly:

Me too.

#13 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

Completely disagree re: Biden's "electability."

Biden would be among the easiest matchups for Trump, maybe even easier than Sanders, who at least stands for something other than lifelong glad-handing, winking and leering, and empty-suited schmoozing. Biden is like if Roger Sterling were a real person, still alive, and running for president.

Trump would absolutely destroy Sleepy Joe. On style, any male candidate would have a very tough time trying to out alpha Trump (which they would inescapably need to do on some level given that it's too big a part of Trump's appeal to try to ignore or refuse to engage). Biden for some reason thinks he's a tough guy (just ask his imaginary friend "Corn Pop") and would play right into Trump's hands. Young guys like Booker would look ridiculous in a dick contest with Trump, let alone Biden, who has been very obviously enfeebled by age, unlike Trump. Just look at Biden at the debate...lost, meandering, unfocused, and actually cutting himself off by eagerly citing that he's "oh shucks, out of time." He'd be a pushover for Trump, on the debate stage and off. Biden is the embodiment of the negative stereotypes about old white males and the smoke-filled backrooms of the status quo.

However far right or left of the political spectrum people are, most of them want something new. They have for a long time. Trump came across as of outside politics-as-usual, as something new. So did Obama when he was first running. Ross Perot would have been president nearly 30 YEARS AGO if he hadn't have flaked out and momentarily dropped out. People don't want an oily politician, let alone one whose prime was as long ago and who is as dated as Biden is. Why would anyone vote for him over Trump?

Just look at this video in the link below and you'll see how old and out of his era Biden is. Look how long he has to stall trying to come up with an answer because he can't think on his feet. He finally breaks out some canned elevator speeches that don't really answer the question and bumbles even through them. He keeps putting his hands on the reporter and pulling him so close you think he's going to try to sniff the guy's hair. And look at how popped his eyes are from all the facelifts at 1:20 and how he actually shuffles off at the end to his nurse wife. And he brings nothing new in the way of ideas, obviously, reminiscing about things that happened decades ago that didn't actually solve anything if the problems are still being talked about today. Guy is a 20th Century politician who has no business even running in the 21st. Should have taken his lifetime achievement medal of freedom from Obama and gracefully retired.

Old Duffer / Sleepy Joe

Anyway, Trump should only be so lucky as to get Biden in the general. But it seems even Dems won't be that dumb to stick with Biden.

This post has been edited by Ben Cranklin: 29 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

#14 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:43 AM

You
, on the other hand, are on the right track. Trump should be very nervous about a matchup with Harris (look what the ex-prosecutor just did to an old white male in a debate). He should be nervous about any youngish female with more likeability and less baggage than Hillary had (thank God Gabbard has no chance at the nomination).

The whole dick contest thing Trump uses to his advantage goes out the window with a female opponent. In fact, a female who isn't as unlikeable as Hillary and who sort of holds her own with Trump comes across as likeably spunky, and one who definitely holds her own probably even emasculates him. Which a badgering ex-prosecutor like Harris could well do. Harris has a weird personal story which might be successfully held against her, not to mention she just pledged to give taxpayer funded healthcare to illegal aliens, but I think if I were Trump's people I'd still rather avoid her and keep hoping one of the Dem males becomes the nominee.

This post has been edited by Ben Cranklin: 29 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

#15 User is offline   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 29 June 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Yeah, it's both sad and infuriating: She doesn't need any qualifications other than being black and being a woman. That's enough to guarantee she'll get millions of votes. "Intelligent"? Who cares? "Experienced"? Who cares? "Honest"? Who cares? "Integrity"? Who cares? And so on, right down the list.

<_<

I can't believe adults would vote on someone based on those qualifications, but there are too many who do. It sounds like a bunch of 2nd graders voting

#16 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:02 PM

I'm not worried about Harris at all. She's making a play for the 'black' vote, but I don't think she'll get it, though I can't really find the right words to explain why not. For starters, she's not really black black, as in 'ghetto' black. She's was the middle-class daughter of a tamil Indian mother and Jamaican father who were both educators. Her life was pretty much privileged all the way; that she could think of becoming a lawyer at 12 YO (whether that story is true or not) speaks to that privilege. She may be black but she's not from the 'hood. Or, to parody a Jennifer Lopez hit song from '02 or so, she's NOT "Kami From The Block" no matter how much she tries to tell it that way. And those who ARE "from the block" will see that she's just trying to blow smoke up their ass.

(just barely SFW:)

EtA: ON THE OTHER HAND, given how she got her start in politics with Willie Brown and all, maybe she IS still "Kami From The Block"... and it would make a heck of a parody video.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 29 June 2019 - 12:23 PM

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 29 June 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Biden would be among the easiest matchups for Trump, maybe even easier than Sanders, who at least stands for something other than lifelong glad-handing, winking and leering, and empty-suited schmoozing. Biden is like if Roger Sterling were a real person, still alive, and running for president.

Trump would absolutely destroy Sleepy Joe. On style, any male candidate would have a very tough time trying to out alpha Trump (which they would inescapably need to do on some level given that it's too big a part of Trump's appeal to try to ignore or refuse to engage). Biden for some reason thinks he's a tough guy (just ask his imaginary friend "Corn Pop") and would play right into Trump's hands. Young guys like Booker would look ridiculous in a dick contest with Trump, let alone Biden, who has been very obviously enfeebled by age, unlike Trump. Just look at Biden at the debate...lost, meandering, unfocused, and actually cutting himself off by eagerly citing that he's "oh shucks, out of time." He'd be a pushover for Trump, on the debate stage and off. Biden is the embodiment of the negative stereotypes about old white males and the smoke-filled backrooms of the status quo.

However far right or left of the political spectrum people are, most of them want something new. They have for a long time. Trump came across as of outside politics-as-usual, as something new. So did Obama when he was first running. Ross Perot would have been president nearly 30 YEARS AGO if he hadn't have flaked out and momentarily dropped out. People don't want an oily politician, let alone one whose prime was as long ago and who is as dated as Biden is. Why would anyone vote for him over Trump?

Just look at this video in the link below and you'll see how old and out of his era Biden is. Look how long he has to stall trying to come up with an answer because he can't think on his feet. He finally breaks out some canned elevator speeches that don't really answer the question and bumbles even through them. He keeps putting his hands on the reporter and pulling him so close you think he's going to try to sniff the guy's hair. And look at how popped his eyes are from all the facelifts at 1:20 and how he actually shuffles off at the end to his nurse wife. And he brings nothing new in the way of ideas, obviously, reminiscing about things that happened decades ago that didn't actually solve anything if the problems are still being talked about today. Guy is a 20th Century politician who has no business even running in the 21st. Should have taken his lifetime achievement medal of freedom from Obama and gracefully retired.

Old Duffer / Sleepy Joe

Anyway, Trump should only be so lucky as to get Biden in the general. But it seems even Dems won't be that dumb to stick with Biden.

Yes, while typing that post I remembered your previous posts in other threads stating that you considered Biden one of the weakest in the field, and therefore fully expected you to disagree with me. And if we were talking about mature, intelligent voters who take important, relevant factors into account, I'd be forced to agree with you.

But we're talking about Democrats, who have levels of "intelligence" and "attention spans" roughly equivalent to mushrooms. Keep in mind that Biden was way ahead in the polls before he even entered the race. The biggest factors for the Democrats will be things like name recognition and glad-handing. If they cared about serious qualifications none of the current Democrat contenders would be on the list.

View PostAlexis, on 29 June 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

I can't believe adults would vote on someone based on those qualifications, but there are too many who do. It sounds like a bunch of 2nd graders voting

Yes, any comparison between Democrats and 2nd graders is pretty close, but it's rather unfair and insulting to the 2nd graders.

:coolshades:

#18 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 29 June 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

You
, on the other hand, are on the right track. Trump should be very nervous about a matchup with Harris (look what the ex-prosecutor just did to an old white male in a debate). He should be nervous about any youngish female with more likeability and less baggage than Hillary had (thank God Gabbard has no chance at the nomination).

The whole dick contest thing Trump uses to his advantage goes out the window with a female opponent. In fact, a female who isn't as unlikeable as Hillary and who sort of holds her own with Trump comes across as likeably spunky, and one who definitely holds her own probably even emasculates him. Which a badgering ex-prosecutor like Harris could well do. Harris has a weird personal story which might be successfully held against her, not to mention she just pledged to give taxpayer funded healthcare to illegal aliens, but I think if I were Trump's people I'd still rather avoid her and keep hoping one of the Dem males becomes the nominee.

Yeah, those are good points. If the debates were left to ideas/policy/results, NONE of the democrat candidates would qualify to polish Trump’s Amex Black card.

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 29 June 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

I'm not worried about Harris at all. She's making a play for the 'black' vote, but I don't think she'll get it, though I can't really find the right words to explain why not. For starters, she's not really black black, as in 'ghetto' black. She's was the middle-class daughter of a tamil Indian mother and Jamaican father who were both educators. Her life was pretty much privileged all the way; that she could think of becoming a lawyer at 12 YO (whether that story is true or not) speaks to that privilege. She may be black but she's not from the 'hood. Or, to parody a Jennifer Lopez hit song from '02 or so, she's NOT "Kami From The Block" no matter how much she tries to tell it that way. And those who ARE "from the block" will see that she's just trying to blow smoke up their ass.

(just barely SFW:)

EtA: ON THE OTHER HAND, given how she got her start in politics with Willie Brown and all, maybe she IS still "Kami From The Block"... and it would make a heck of a parody video.

I certainly HOPE you’re correct.

#19 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 29 June 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Biden's electability comes down to two words: Swing States.

There are some states that will vote for Trump no matter who the Dem is. There are some states who will vote for the Dem no matter who it is. Let's ignore those for the moment and look only at Swing states. Especially Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Trump won those three states - and as a result, the electoral college - by a sum total of only 77,000 votes. They're also blue-collar working class states that Biden will do well in. Well enough to beat Trump? I dunno. nothing's guaranteed. But if Biden does end up with the nomination, this single thought is going to cause me a whole lot of sleepless nights between the nomination and November 8th.

PROBLEM IS - the things that would normally hurt Biden, won't. Not in those states. Not in 2020.

• That he tends to be gaffe-prone rather than well-spoken? Up to a point, it just adds to his image of being a 'Regular Joe' which will help him rather than hurt him with the blue-collar crowd.

• That he's actually NOT a 'Regular Joe' but fairly wealthy? YES, that would hurt him... IF his opponent were anyone but Donald Trump.

• His well-know reputation for 'manhandling' women? YES, that would hurt him... IF his opponent were anyone but Donald Trump.

At the moment, Biden comes off as terrible. Because that's how the MSM is portraying him. They WANT him to look bad and not get the nomination, he's too 'moderate' for them.

But... IF he survives that AND his health holds up and he gets the nomination??? You can write this on a check and take it to the bank and cash it: The media's spin will then change so fast you'd get a bad case of whiplash trying to watch it. All of a sudden he'll be the second coming of Christ, Buddha, Ghandi, Zoroaster, all the Greek philosophers, the three wise men, and Judge Judy all rolled into one.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 29 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

#20 User is offline   Physics Hunter 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:51 AM

I am torn on Biden.

He's dumber than a box of hammers, and a lot less useful. However, he looks like an old-school Dem that the private sector union rank and file used to vote for. He's not, but he looks like it. Remember his comment to BHO about Obama(doesn't)Care: "This is a big <something> deal." Thus he's kind of an under cover Communist like Obama was. He could hoodwink some working class voters.

On the other hand he's older than dirt and not better for the wear. He's a gaff machine and waxing worse. He would keep the newsmedia S-plainin' for him and off their Trump bashing at least part time. Not to mention that Trump would beat him on his mistakes like a rented mule.

Overall, I am hoping that Trump goes up against someone who is clearly an avowed Proggie/Socialist/Communist. We have to have this fight, who better to chase the commies underground for another 15 years than Trump.

Post 10.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users