RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Some Never Trump Figures Suddenly Discover What Other Republicans Did - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some Never Trump Figures Suddenly Discover What Other Republicans Did Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

Some Never Trump Figures Suddenly Discover What Other Republicans Did Years Ago

https://www.redstate.com
by Bonchie
on June 29, 2019

Article:

An interesting thing happened in some Never Trump circles after the Democratic primary debates ended last Thursday night. While it won't change the calculus of those we are about to discuss, it at least has them finally admitting the imperfect reality that drove the decision of many Trump voters in 2016.

To preface, we need to establish exactly what group of Never Trump figures we are talking about here.

There was a dramatic split in the Never Trump movement before the 2018 mid-term elections. While some Never Trump members realized that supporting Democrats to flex their opposition to Trump was a foolhardy move that did nothing to move the ball forward, there was a not insignificant contingent of the Never Trump movement which outright endorsed electing Democrats across the board, not just in 2018, but preemptively for 2020 also.

It just so happened that many of these Never Trump figures also had the biggest platforms. People like David Brooks, Bret Stephens, David Frum, Bill Kristol, Ann Navarro, and Jennifer Rubin all came out in support of electing Democrats.

That's the group discussed in this article, and the distinction is important. While I may disagree with the other faction of Never Trump's reasoning for abstaining, I can at least understand their position. What I can't do is respect those supporting Democrats simply to go after Donald Trump, something no real conservative could ever actually justify with any appeal to principle. For the purpose of this article, I'm addressing the latter group, many of whom I named above.

With that out of the way, I want to focus on two articles published this week by Never Trump leaders David Brooks and Bret Stephens, both writers for The New York Times.

In a pathetic plea to a party that's been objectively catering to the far-left for well over a decade, David Brooks begs Democrats to not continue being left wing because it may drive him away.

I'll also note that while Brooks makes claims of morality in his piece, he's got a story much akin to the insufferable Charlie Sykes. Namely, he cheated on his wife and then married his researcher. Many of these people are not the best voices to make the moral case against Trump.

Before we get into the dynamics of all this, though, here's Stephens' similar piece for comparison.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:32 AM

Democrats can't win if they continue to make millions of Americans feel like strangers in their own land.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wrong... Americans don't feel like strangers, threatened maybe, but they know who this land belongs to, it's ours. The outsiders trying transform Her into something resembling the European Union have neither the power nor the ability to make us feel like strangers in our own land. We'll deal with them in the appropriate manner when the time comes. It's a given they're going to lose, what that will look like depends on them...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 30 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

#3 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 30 June 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

Democrats can't win if they continue to make millions of Americans feel like strangers in their own land.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wrong... Americans don't feel like strangers, threatened maybe, but they know who this land belongs to, it's ours. The outsiders trying transform Her into something resembling the European Union have neither the power nor the ability to make us feel like strangers in our own land. We'll deal with them in the appropriate manner when the time comes. It's a given they're going to lose, what that will look like depends on them...

You are correct, sir!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users