RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Just days after Eric Trump spat upon by waitress, WaPo publishes op-ed - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just days after Eric Trump spat upon by waitress, WaPo publishes op-ed Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:34 PM

Just days after Eric Trump spat upon by waitress, WaPo publishes op-ed justifying harassment of restaurant customers over politics

https://www.americanthinker.com
By Thomas Lifson
June 30, 2019

Article:

The Washington Post is all-in on stoking the fire of public harassment of Trump supporters, denying them public accommodations. So much for civility and mutual respect.

That's the only conclusion to draw from this op-ed (non-paywall version here) published by the largest newspaper in our nation's capital, written by Stephanie Wilkinson, the owner of the Red Hen Restaurant that kicked out Sarah Sanders and her family while dining there.

The paper proudly tweeted out its contribution to the loss of civility.

<snip>

If anyone is spreading hate, it is Wilkinson and spitting waitresses. The projection here is so obvious that one might think editors at the WaPo would get it, But no, the paper is part of the problem.

In the op-ed, Wilkinson feigns reasonability while justifying incivility:

…the fact remains that restaurants are now part of the soundstage for our ongoing national spectacle. (snip)

if you're an unsavory individual — of whatever persuasion or affiliation — we have no legal or moral obligation to do business with you. And that, too, is right. (snip)

…at bottom this isn't about politics. It's about values, and accountability to values, in business.

Conflating other issues with harassment based on political views, she writes:

The rules have shifted. It's no longer okay to serve sea bass from overfished waters or to allow smoking at the table. It's not okay to look away from the abusive chef in the kitchen or the handsy guest in the dining room. And it's not okay to ask employees, partners or management to clock out of their consciences when they clock in to work.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:19 PM

Anyone that spits on me because I'm wearing a Trump ball cap will get a broken face and the hell beaten out of them.

Bring it on Lib pigs. You throw the first punch and I throw the last. :)

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:27 PM

No surprise from WaPo, which has only been fit for wrapping fish or lining birdcages for years.

<_<

#4 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• M dwarf stars

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:21 PM

It's like they don't know that the "rules" protect them too. If it's now acceptable to refuse to serve, spit on, picket, whatever people whose politics you disagree with, why do the leftists think only those they don't like will be affected? End the required senate supermajority for judges and now after an election the republicans have an easier time getting their judges through. Sanders suggests that the president can "rotate" supreme court justices on and off as a way to get his way when he's president, without realizing that someday someone he dislikes might hold the presidency. Etc.

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

In leftist utopia, it’s now okay to spit on people, throw them out of your commercial establishment, threaten them, and egg others on to inflict harm on “unsavory” people, defined as those you disagree with politically.

But it’s not okay to refuse to bake a wedding cake for those occasions you have a religious objection to.

What’s going on?

#6 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:30 PM

View Postzurg, on 30 June 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

In leftist utopia, it's now okay to spit on people, throw them out of your commercial establishment, threaten them, and egg others on to inflict harm on "unsavory" people, defined as those you disagree with politically.

But it's not okay to refuse to bake a wedding cake for those occasions you have a religious objection to.

What's going on?

It's called fascism. That's what they really support. They just aren't smart enough to know the origins of their own political philosophy.

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:46 PM

In leftist utopia, it’s now okay to spit on people, throw them out of your commercial establishment, threaten them, and egg others on to inflict harm on “unsavory” people, defined as those you disagree with politically.

But it’s not okay to refuse to bake a wedding cake for those occasions you have a religious objection to.

What’s going on?

Yet for the last 40+ years these same people have always yelled about how intolerant that all conservatives and Christians are? We've had to put up with all of their insults, personal attacks, the constant pissing, moaning, finger pointing and name calling through every media outlet and every institution.

But as we knew all along, these very same people have absolutely no tolerance or acceptance of us whatsoever and they never have. They are doing everything that they have always accused us of (that we never did).

These progtards are a disease.

#8 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:23 PM

View PostAntiObama, on 30 June 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Anyone that spits on me because I'm wearing a Trump ball cap will get a broken face and the hell beaten out of them.

Bring it on Lib pigs. You throw the first punch and I throw the last. :)

ayup. Wore my MAGA hat when I was visiting over Christmas. I was intentionally trolling for trouble. Didn't get any. Of course southern Delaware and the far western burbs of Phila are Trump country.

What’s going on?

Welcome to ProggyLand

#9 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:41 PM

This line is also important: "When the world returns to its normal axis, these encounters will disappear."

To Stephanie Wilkinson, the "normal axis" most likely means "You didn't build that", 1% GDP, Hillary? winning the 2016 election, and Israel being pushed back into the sea. She should be happy, though. Politics are showing signs of regress as antifa has reared its ugly head for a summer of violence.

#10 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:20 AM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 30 June 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Just days after Eric Trump spat upon by waitress, WaPo publishes op-ed justifying harassment of restaurant customers over politics

https://www.americanthinker.com
By Thomas Lifson
June 30, 2019

Article:

The Washington Post is all-in on stoking the fire of public harassment of Trump supporters, denying them public accommodations. So much for civility and mutual respect.

That's the only conclusion to draw from this op-ed (non-paywall version here) published by the largest newspaper in our nation's capital, written by Stephanie Wilkinson, the owner of the Red Hen Restaurant that kicked out Sarah Sanders and her family while dining there.

The paper proudly tweeted out its contribution to the loss of civility.

<snip>

If anyone is spreading hate, it is Wilkinson and spitting waitresses. The projection here is so obvious that one might think editors at the WaPo would get it, But no, the paper is part of the problem.

In the op-ed, Wilkinson feigns reasonability while justifying incivility:

…the fact remains that restaurants are now part of the soundstage for our ongoing national spectacle. (snip)

if you're an unsavory individual — of whatever persuasion or affiliation — we have no legal or moral obligation to do business with you. And that, too, is right. (snip)

…at bottom this isn't about politics. It's about values, and accountability to values, in business.

Conflating other issues with harassment based on political views, she writes:

The rules have shifted. It's no longer okay to serve sea bass from overfished waters or to allow smoking at the table. It's not okay to look away from the abusive chef in the kitchen or the handsy guest in the dining room. And it's not okay to ask employees, partners or management to clock out of their consciences when they clock in to work.

Full Story

What values?

The right to do whatever you want whenever you want without fear of consequences AND be told that you are "special" for doing so?
The right to not have to listen to any competing thoughts, opinions, or ideas that may challenge your world view?

Those values?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users