RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Jury Finds Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher Not Guilty Of War Crimes - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jury Finds Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher Not Guilty Of War Crimes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:37 PM

Jury Finds Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher Not Guilty Of War Crimes

Washington Examiner
by Russ Read
July 02, 2019 05:24 PM

Excerpt:

The jury assigned to the case of accused Special Warfare Chief Edward Gallagher has found the decorated Navy SEAL not guilty of murder and attempted murder after a whirlwind trial that included bombshell revelations and twists.

The verdict was reached by the five Marines and two sailors Tuesday after the prosecution and defense made their closing arguments the day before. The jury did find Gallagher guilty of unlawfully taking a picture with the corpse of the teenage ISIS fighter he was accused of killing.

"Our stance from the very beginning of this has been that Eddie needs to have a fair trial and we're going to stand behind him no matter what because he's our brother. And the courts have prevailed," Brad Bailey, president of the Navy SEALs Fund, told the Washington Examiner. "We understand that it's a very contentious accusation and one that deeply divided our community. And I hope that everyone can learn a lot from this on both sides and we can get back to taking care of business."

Gallagher, 40, was accused of stabbing an injured teenage ISIS fighter to death and shooting at civilians during a deployment to Iraq in 2017. Seven members of Gallagher's own platoon leveled the accusations against him, describing their chief as a reckless murderer who failed to distinguish between civilians and the enemy.

The accusers communicated through a WhatsApp group called "The Sewing Circle," a seemingly innocuous name for a group dedicated to discussing the alleged war crimes of a decorated sniper and medic. Those discussions would be the basis on which Navy prosecutors would bring charges against Gallagher.

The case received national attention after a searing New York Times report detailed the gory accusations, including stabbing an injured teenage ISIS fighter and shooting an elderly man and a young girl. The report claimed the accusers were told to keep quiet about Gallagher's actions or risk losing their tridents, the coveted badge identifying a sailor as a Navy SEAL.

Gallagher's case drew further attention in May when it was reported that he was one of several accused troops being considered for pardons from President Trump. The news sharply divided the military community and even the Navy SEALs themselves. The SEAL community is known for being especially close-knit, but the Gallagher case created a clear division between old-school defenders and younger skeptics.

"When I heard about it first, I said, 'That's impossible, it's outright stupid. It's going to go away.' Well, it didn't," Thomas "Drago" Dzieran, a former Navy SEAL, told the Washington Examiner in May.

"I said I cannot sit on the sidelines, I need to take [a stand] and bring it up. What they do is not right."

Retired Adm. William McRaven, a legend within the SEAL community who helped plan the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, weighed in, saying he was concerned Trump's potential pardon may have exercised undue command influence over the trial's proceedings.

Gallagher's case took a dramatic turn before the trial even started when it was revealed in May that prosecutors had embedded email tracking software in their correspondence with Gallagher's defense team. The revelation outraged lead defense attorney Timothy Parlatore, who told the Washington Examiner he would be filing an ethics complaint against lead Navy prosecutor Cmdr. Chris Czaplak. Navy Capt. Aaron Rugh, the judge overseeing the case, dismissed Czaplak over the revelations and released Gallagher from pre-trial custody. He also lowered Gallagher's maximum possible sentence to life with the possibility of parole. He denied motions to dismiss the trial.

The trial started on June 17, with the prosecution presenting two witnesses who said they had seen Gallagher stab the injured teenager. Prosecutors showed the court pictures Gallagher had taken with the teen's corpse. They said the chief bragged about the kill to fellow SEALs back home in text messages.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:02 PM

:clap:

#3 User is offline   spt 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:37 PM

About time he should never have been charged!!!!!

#4 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:49 PM

I'm glad he was found not guilty but there's so much about this story that I don't know and do wonder about.

I hope there are some good books written about this affair.

I remember a book I read about the inside story of the Duke Lacrosse witch hunt which describes that the people in charge were all rats.

#5 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

Gee wait a minute, I was saying this was a crap tastic trial in the first because none of this crap added up. I heard it from a few that "his peers turned him in, soooo.... ". Sorry WRONG they aren't his peers. one critical piece of information was kept out of the Washington Examiner's story.

https://www.breitbar...g-isis-fighter/

After the platoon returned home in the fall of 2017, the small group of three to four SEALs began complaining about Gallagher to commanders, arguing he had put their lives at risk. After their complaints went nowhere, they escalated their claims to war crimes, accusing Gallagher of killing the wounded ISIS fighter and shooting at innocent civilians.

These were a bunch of whiner millennial's.

In contrast, Gallagher was nominated for a Silver Star award, a coveting training assignment, and a promotion. The junior SEALs were trying to derail all of that, his family and defense team argued.

After the junior SEALs escalated their claims to war crimes, Navy Criminal Investigative Service got involved, leading the Navy to charge Gallagher with seven counts, including for killing the ISIS fighter and for shooting at innocent civilians.

The Gallaghers also found themselves in a fight against a false whisper campaign allegedly spread by unnamed officials that there was a damning video of Gallagher killing the ISIS fighter. No such video existed, the defense team found, when they were given all materials through discovery.

This group that made the claim were known as whiners. They were this new generation of idiots willing to harm others to gain advantages. This was dirty pool from the start as I had stated all along. The Silver Star needs to be reinstated if it was denied, and he needs to be HONORABLY RETIRED.

#6 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 02 July 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

These were a bunch of whiner millennial's.

But you repeat yourself...

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 02 July 2019 - 10:21 PM

#7 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:10 PM

Good.

#8 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:08 AM

View Postspt, on 02 July 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

About time he should never have been charged!!!!!

I Disagree. That his teammates turned him in, and bucked the Navy establishment to do so, holds water with me.

I'll accept a verdict of "Not Guilty", but don't ever expect me to use the word "innocent"; The two concepts are NOT one and the same. OJ Simpson anyone?

#9 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:53 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 03 July 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

I Disagree. That his teammates turned him in, and bucked the Navy establishment to do so, holds water with me.

I'll accept a verdict of "Not Guilty", but don't ever expect me to use the word "innocent"; The two concepts are NOT one and the same. OJ Simpson anyone?

The problem with your logic is it disregards the basic tenant of our legal system. His "team" turned him in, does not mean well obviously he's guilty. There was an additional article in Breitbart that got condensed in to the first one and some details were lost. The 4 people that turned him in spent 9 months complaining about how he risked their lives, to the chain of command. AFTER 9 MONTHS of this crap they changed their story and claimed he committed war crimes. IF that were such a big deal, then that would have been the first thing they complained about, not the oh and by the way.... These facts were never brought out in the original stories from many of the newspapers.

Remember this, you are not guilty because the allegations are "serious". You are not guilty simply because the people that made the allegations are "serious". You are not guilty because of the fact that more than one person made the claim. The weight of the duty to prove guilt is on the government. YOU ARE INNOCENT of the CRIME until proven guilty in a court of law. PERIOD. This man was innocent. This case stank from the way the prosecution conducted itself, all the way to what the investigators did, and even before then how the charges were originally filed.

This case just stank. Now investigations need to be conducted regarding the actions of the investigators, actions of the prosecutors, and actions that were conducted by the individuals making the original witness statements. Since it's obvious they coordinated their statements and falsified those claims.

Oh and by the way, there was NO bucking the "Navy Establishment" BS, the leadership disregarded their whining about how the TEAM LEADER put their lives in danger, because in the military, that will happen in combat. ONLY when they made a claim that he violated the ROE, and laws did the leadership take it seriously and that happened immediately upon their claim he murdered someone in a combat zone.

These clowns were not brave whistle blowers, they are liars.

This post has been edited by Taggart Transcontinental: 03 July 2019 - 03:55 AM

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:20 AM

Not surprised. He had the public support of the president and the many on the right. Juries are reluctant to convict police officers, even with evidence on camera staring them in the face.
Lt. Calley was supported across the nation.

#11 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:12 AM

View PostLadybird, on 03 July 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Not surprised. He had the public support of the president and the many on the right. Juries are reluctant to convict police officers, even with evidence on camera staring them in the face.

Do you really believe that the entire Courts Martial was swayed by the POTUS? The MEDIC came out and stated HE asphyxiated the ISIS terrorist. That blew the ENTIRE case out of the damn water. Are you so inept that you cannot see this was a crap case from the beginning. They claimed one thing for 9 months then came back and said OH he committed 2 war crimes!?!?! 9 Months after they claimed that he put their lives at risk IN A COMBAT ZONE. For those of you not aware, in a combat zone there are high velocity projectiles traveling the area, and guess what, they have the right of way. So of course their lives were put at risk, that is the entire point of Navy Seals. They go to places conventional troops don't go because they have been trained to go there. OH and no they didn't have "evidence" of the crimes stated, the Defense stated specifically they were told there was video evidence, and it never surfaced in discovery OR at the trial.

ALL PEOPLE ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, it is the burden of the STATE to prove that the person committed the crime NOT the person proving they are innocent.

#12 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:21 AM

They are even more reluctant to convict when the prosecutions witnesses story is a bunch of crap and doesn't add up. Also when SUPERIORS of the accused speak well of them and they have a very distinguished service record.

Lot of things that where left out of the MSM stories.

IE the 'innocent civilians' he shot. At least one HAD BEEN SHOT AT BY THE VERY SAME PEOPLE WHO MADE THE ACCUSATIONS. There story is they fired a warning shot at the old man, THEY ARE CLEAR THAT THEY DID NOT TELL GALLAGHER EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER THE SHOT IT WAS A WARNING, and that after he took his shot he radioed them that they missed but he made the shot.
Sure changes the narrative doesn't it?

The stories also fail to mention that when items from a care package went missing he was a suspect but they couldn't prove anything.

Or how about the fact that Naval J.A.G. essentially picked up and decided to run with it based on rumors going over a social media type app.

Plus, EVEN IF HE DID KILL THE LITTLE ISIS FIGHTER IT IS NOT BY LAW A WAR CRIME! A violation of orders at most but not a war crime.
Why? Because per the Geneva Code there are essentially three groups of people in a combat/war zone.

1. Friendly forces(self explanatory).
2. Enemy forces, THAT IS DEFINED BY THOSE FIGHTING FOR A NATION, RECOGNIZED GROUP or ORGANIZATION AND AT A MINIMUM MUST BE WEARING CLOTHING, INSIGNIAS OR ITEMS THAT CLEARLY IDENTIFY AND DISTINGUISH THEM FROM BOTH CIVILIANS AND FRIENDLY FORCES.
3. Spies, Saboteurs, and Guerrilla fighters. Guess what? You can summarily execute number three on the spot.

Only one and two are entitled to any type of protections or considerations. That is the Geneva Code in a nutshell.

Oki

#13 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:24 AM

Calley was convicted of the premeditated murder of 22 South Vietnamese civilians.

Apple and grapefruit comparison.

#14 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

View PostSARGE, on 03 July 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

Calley was convicted of the premeditated murder of 22 South Vietnamese civilians.

Apple and grapefruit comparison.

You mean it's not the same to wipe out a village of un armed civilians vs knifing/killing someone who was just trying to kill you a short time before?
Sarcasm aside though... wasn't the circumstance that his men disobeyed orders and wiped out the village but he was charged then convicted for failure to maintain control(or something like that)?
Also, wren't at least some of his men also charged? I ask because I only know bits and pieces of this and official stories aren't always accurate.

Oki

#15 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:38 PM

That's a very disappointing, but sadly not unexpected, reply by you.

#16 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:39 PM

Are you old enough to remember this? I am. I was in RVN when this happened.

The 'support' for Calley wasn't because people believed he was innocent of the charges. It was because they believed he was being used as a scapegoat.

Your lack of surprise is because of your ignorance of facts and BLM mentality.

#17 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:47 PM

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/uploads/1554179283/med_gallery_6518_223_6543.jpg

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users