RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Declaring Emergency, Gavin Newsom Says Trump Administration Will Help - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Declaring Emergency, Gavin Newsom Says Trump Administration Will Help In Quake Response Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:55 PM

Declaring Emergency, Gavin Newsom Says Trump Administration Will Help In Quake Response

The San Luis Obispo Tribune
By Sophia Bollag and Jaimie Ding
July 06, 2019 09:49 AM

Excerpt:

After touring damage wrought by back-to-back earthquakes, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Saturday that the Trump administration has committed to helping the state with its disaster response in Southern California’s high desert.

The governor visited the area hours after it was struck Friday night and spoke at Ridgecrest City Hall flanked by other state officials, including Mark Ghilarducci, the state’s emergency service director. He met with local officials including Ridgecrest Mayor Peggy Breeden and the city’s police chief, Jedd McLaughlin.

Meeting with reporters Saturday afternoon, Newsom said he had just gotten off the phone with President Donald Trump, who told him he was committed to “whatever you need” to respond to the disaster.

“We don’t agree on everything but one area where there’s no politics, and we worked extraordinarily well together, is on emergency response and recovery, and increasing that emergency preparedness,” Newsom said, citing past work with Trump on fighting the wildfires in Butte, Los Angeles and Ventura counties last year.

“I have all the confidence in the world that the president will be forthcoming in immediate terms with the federal declaration,” Newsom said.

The news conference came after Newsom surveyed the extent of the damage around Ridgecrest and spoke with local officials and residents. Newsom said this was an opportunity to examine building codes and said he was fully committed to working on a state-wide early warning emergency alert system, which was “a lot farther along than some actually may believe.”

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:16 PM

I say get the illegals that they embrace to do all of the work?

Because Orange man bad.

#3 User is offline   Hercules 

• <no title>
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:51 PM

NOW Newsom is sucking up.Spend some of those Taxes & Fees you collected.

#4 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:02 PM

Looking at an earthquake tracker online, all of these 1.5 to 2.3 or so tremors that happen about every few minutes. Over 1900 in the last 24 hours.

https://earthquaketr...lifornia/recent

Fascinating stuff. Especially the one that is away from the main grouping, and is also at the greatest depth. That is the most recent.

This post has been edited by Hieronymous: 06 July 2019 - 10:08 PM

#5 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:54 AM

Kommifornia would have the money if it didn't already spend it on illegals. Someone really needs to say that.

#6 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:10 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 07 July 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

Kommifornia would have the money if it didn't already spend it on illegals. Someone really needs to say that.

That and the high-speed rail boondoggle. My husband said both those things when I showed him this story.

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:16 AM

View PostLiz, on 07 July 2019 - 02:10 AM, said:

That and the high-speed rail boondoggle. My husband said both those things when I showed him this story.

:thumbsup: Forgot about the train boondoggle

#8 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:31 AM

Hope he tells Newsom the Ninny: Go to Hell.

View PostHowsithangin, on 07 July 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

:yes: the "wham line" right there.

#9 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:17 AM

Tell Kommiefornia to just raise their taxes again since that's their answer for everything?

#10 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:26 AM

That's what I thought of first, too. "Spend the money from the bullet train, Governor HairGel."

#11 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:54 AM

I believe the high-speed rail boondoggle will make Boston's corrupt and wasteful Big Dig look clean by comparison.

#12 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 07 July 2019 - 11:24 AM

The train was supposed to run through the area where the earthquake hit if I recall correctly, could you imagine the mess of a train being splattered all around in the middle of nowhere?

#13 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:58 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 07 July 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

The train was supposed to run through the area where the earthquake hit if I recall correctly, could you imagine the mess of a train being splattered all around in the middle of nowhere?

I know it was supposed to connect two of California's most exciting tourist destinations, Sacramento and Needles...

#14 User is online   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:38 AM

Too bad the feds can’t treat them like little kids with allowance. We gave you x$ when you can account for how you spent that we can talk. Oh you spent 1/2 on the unicorn stickers and the other 1/2 on illegals. Which should be illegal use of funds. Sorry no allowance until that’s paid back.

This post has been edited by Squirrel: 09 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users