RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Britain's New Prime Minister Will Pull Ambassador Kim Darroch From - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Britain's New Prime Minister Will Pull Ambassador Kim Darroch From Washington Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:28 PM

Britain's New Prime Minister Will Pull Ambassador Kim Darroch From Washington

Washington Examiner
by Tom Rogan
July 08, 2019 03:00 PM

Excerpt:

"We don't really believe this administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept."

The publication of those words will likely end Sir Kim Darroch's tenure as Britain's ambassador to the United States. It comes from one of numerous diplomatic cables leaked to the Daily Mail, and the words make Darroch's position untenable.

Not that this is exactly fair to Darroch. Like all British ambassadors, he expected his words to be read only by top officials in London. And London expects its ambassadors to deliver candid cables that can inform more effective policy. But the damage is done.

Upon entering office later this month, Britain's new prime minister will likely replace Darroch. To keep him in Washington would be to risk Britain's most important foreign relationship for the sake of one ambassador.

Again, however, this is regrettable. Darroch is a smart representative of British interests who would have expected to serve one or two more years in his most prestigious post. Yet the leak has aggravated President Trump, who has condemned Darroch. Theresa May is now doing damage control, desperately trying to cool Trump's fury.

Meanwhile, given the president's well-known personal sensibilities, it's quite obvious that whoever leaked these cables had an agenda. I'd guess that it's either a very unpatriotic idiot in the U.K., or a Russian or Chinese or other hostile intelligence service. There is simply no rational excuse as to how someone in the British government could think these leaks would do anything but damage British and American interests.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:45 PM

I thought I heard on the radio that the Trump Administration says it will no longer deal with this POS.

And I don't even know this guy so why would I call him a POS?

Because I bet he's a Euro weenie and an apologist for that incompetent idiot, Teresa May.

This post has been edited by BerkeleyUnderground: 10 July 2019 - 01:03 PM

#3 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

"We don't really believe this administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept."

Words of a bitter clinger. Regardless of the source of the leak, he owns those words. He meant them. He wants a return to the New World Order where the interests of the political class outweigh the individual.

#4 User is online   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:46 PM

Meanwhile, given the president's well-known personal sensibilities, it's quite obvious that whoever leaked these cables had an agenda.

I'll be honest here, it's not just the "president's well-known sensibilities" that are the problem here.
That yet another lefty sounding 'diplomat' thinks of POTUS like this means he also thinks this way of those of us who voted for POTUS AND still support him.
Well, you limey POS, resign and go back to Englandstan.
I'm sure you'll fit right in.
Hell, if I was POTUS, I'd pull the credentials of this POS and send his arse packing. :bye:
THAT would be in line with his "well-known" sensibilities!!!

#5 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:44 PM

Hold your friends close, but hold your enemies closer.

This British guy is a stupid jackass. Is he related to AOC?

#6 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:06 PM

I heard on the radio that this stupid POS resigned, as well he should have.

#7 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:31 AM

POS?.

Firstly, these are PRIVATE memos from a diplomat to the UK govt, in which its his job to give critical and honest comment on the current US govt. So they are critical of Trump, so f'ing what. We KNOW US diplomats have been very scathing of other countries. And that's fine, that's their JOB.

Secondly, spare me the faux-outrage. The POTUS himself has attacked and insulted the UK, the current PM, the Mayor of London, the NHS and the UK several times. Not to mention his comments about Mexico and other countries.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users