RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Teachers allegedly told to favor black students in ‘racial equity’ tra - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Teachers allegedly told to favor black students in ‘racial equity’ tra Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:38 AM

Teachers allegedly told to favor black students in ‘racial equity’ training
By Susan Edelman May 25, 2019 | 9:25pm
NY Post

In controversial “implicit bias” training, New York City’s public-school educators have been told to focus on black children over white ones — and one Jewish superintendent who described her family’s Holocaust tragedies was scolded and humiliated, according to firsthand accounts. A consultant hired by the city Department of Education told administrators at a workshop that “racial equity” means favoring black children regardless of their socio-economic status, sources said.

“If I had a poor white male student and I had a middle-class black boy, I would actually put my equitable strategies and interventions into that middle class black boy because over the course of his lifetime he will have less access and less opportunities than that poor white boy,” the consultant, Darnisa Amante, is quoted as saying by those in the room. “That’s what racial equity is,” Amante explained.

Mona Davids, president of the NYC Parents Union, was appalled.

“It’s completely absurd — they want to treat black students as victims and punish white students. That defeats the purpose of what bias awareness training should be,” said Davids, who is black.

DOE spokesman Will Mantell would not say whether Chancellor Richard Carranza supports Amante’s statement about favoring black children. “Anti-bias and equity trainings are about creating high expectations and improving outcomes for all of our students,” Mantell said in a statement. “These trainings are used across the country because they help kids, and out-of-context quotes and anonymous allegations just distract from this important work.”

The DOE’s anti-bias training — a $23 million mandatory program for all DOE employees — has irked some administrators, teachers and parents who contend parts are ugly and divisive.

Four white female DOE executives demoted under Carranza’s new regime plan to sue the city for racial discrimination, claiming whiteness has become “toxic,” The Post revealed last week.

One Jewish superintendent shared stories about her grandmother Malka who told of bombs falling in Lodz, Poland, and running from the Nazis in the wee hours by packing up her four children and hiding in the forest, and her grandfather Naftali, who spent nearly six years in a labor and concentration camp, where he witnessed the brutal execution of his mother and sister.

“At the break, I stood up and, to my surprise, I was verbally attacked by a black superintendent in front of my colleagues. She said ‘This is not about being Jewish! It’s about black and brown boys of color only. You better check yourself.’”

“I was traumatized,” the Jewish educator said. “ It was like 1939 all over again. I couldn’t believe this could happen to me in NYC!”

However, two other superintendents — one black and one Dominican — defended the Holocaust comments as valid and vouched for their colleague as one who fights to level the playing field for all students.

In Manhattan, a middle-school teacher with her own kids in public schools, said the DOE training “is a catalyst for hate and division.”

“I have colleagues who won’t participate during ‘Courageous Conversations’ (the DOE protocol for implicit-bias workshops) because they don’t feel safe.”

She cringes at training phrases like “replacement thinking” and the disdain for “whiteness.”

“My ancestors were enslaved and murdered because of their religion, I am now being forced to become ‘liberated’ from my whiteness. I am being persecuted because of the circumstances of my birth. I was not aware that I needed to be liberated from how God created me.”

<snip>

NY POST Link

If this <censored> keeps up, there will be race wars in this country in my lifetime.

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:14 AM

“I was traumatized,” the Jewish educator said. “It was like 1939 all over again. I couldn’t believe this could happen to me in NYC!”

While I agree the Jewish educator was unfairly abused, I can't help wondering why she "couldn't believe" it would happen in NYC. I can't think of a place where such BS is more likely to happen. San Fran maybe, or Chicago. But NYC is right near the top of the list.

<_<

#3 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

Seems odd that they (those pushing the program) don't see the blatant contradiction in favoring one group over others in a 'racial equity' class. It is obviously not 'equity' in any sense, when you are being told to give preference to any particular group.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users