RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Ross Perot Dead (Merged) - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ross Perot Dead (Merged) Ross Perot, former presidential candidate, dies at age 89 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:00 AM

Ross Perot dead at 89

I always liked him.

This post has been edited by Kilmerfan: 09 July 2019 - 10:00 AM

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:08 AM

Ross Perot, former presidential candidate, dies at age 89

Jul 9, 2019, 10:38 AM ET

Businessman and former presidential candidate Ross Perot has died.

He was 89 years old.

Family spokesperson James Fuller confirmed his death Tuesday to ABC News, and did not immediately disclose the nature or cause of his death.

"With deep sadness, I am letting you know that Mr. Perot passed away early Tuesday at his home, surrounded by his family," Fuller said in the statement.

"Mr. Perot was a true patriot and a dedicated humanitarian. He will be missed greatly," Fuller said.

He is survived by his wife Margot and their five children.

"Family, friends, and associates are encouraged to honor Mr. Perot’s memory by continuing to support his commitment to these organizations: Circle Ten Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Perot Museum of Nature and Science, North Texas Food Bank, Salvation Army DFW, Teach for America: Dallas/ Fort Worth, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Visiting Nurses Association of Dallas," Fuller said in the statement.

The billionaire businessman became a household name due to his role as a third party candidate in the 1992 and 1996 presidential races.

According to Forbes' latest available data, Perot was worth $4.1 billion at the time of his death.

Early in his life, he served in the Navy, before returning home and making the treatment of veterans and prisoners of war a part of his later activism work.

He made his billions through his computer systems work, starting his career at IBM before leaving to found Electronic Data Systems, an information technology and services company.

His most notable foray into politics started with his 1992 presidential bid, when he ran as an independent candidate against then-President George H. W. Bush and Democratic challenger Bill Clinton.

<snip>

Link

I remember his candidacy in the ‘92 election, but not ‘96.

Through a few corporate shuffling maneuvers, I ended up working at EDS for about 2 years at an offsite location in Manhattan before they were sold to HP. Decent company.

RIP

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 10 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

#3 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

I don't blame him, but he helped to usher in the era of the Clinton's.

#4 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:58 AM

View PostKilmerfan, on 09 July 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Ross Perot dead at 89

I always liked him.

I did too. :(

He rescued many Vietnam POW/MIAs (that HW Bush while as the head of the CIA had deliberately abandoned) and Perot used his own money to do it. Perot also called out the CIA and the deep state corruption on many other similar crimes.

"Throwing up gorilla dust."

"The debt is like a crazy aunt we keep down in the basement. All the neighbors know she's there, but nobody wants to talk about her."

"If you see a snake, just kill it - don't appoint a committee on snakes."

"My role in life is that of the grain of sand to the oyster-it irritates the oyster and out comes a pearl."

"If someone as blessed as I am is not willing to clean out the barn, who will?"

"If we decide to take this level of business creating ability nationwide, we'll all be plucking chickens for a living."

https://www.azquotes...1538-Ross_Perot

#5 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

I'll admit I voted for Perot to take it out on "Read my lips". Always liked the little firecracker. Ooops, was that racist?

#6 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:07 PM

View Poststick, on 09 July 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

I'll admit I voted for Perot to take it out on "Read my lips". Always liked the little firecracker. Ooops, was that racist?

"You people".

Remember all of the indignant racist crap that Perot received for saying that? :lol:

#7 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

I guess I look at it differently. He caused clinton to be elected leading to many different effects like lowering the standards of the country, enforcing carter's CRA to cause the 08 crisis giving us obozo, and worst of all it unleased the hildebeast who would otherwise have been a local grifter instead of a national one. He also avoided catching osama leading to 9/11. So many terrible effects from one guy running for President. :2cents:

#8 User is online   Jon Wayne 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:10 PM

He tried to do it his way as a third party candidate. He bought air time and made his pitch to the public, at least to the small segment of the population that actually watched. Didn't he or anyone around him know that as a third party he had zero chance of winning? Didn't he know that his candidacy would hurt President Bush and guarantee Bill Clinton a victory? I didn't know the guy. I'm sure those that believed in him thought he was a great guy. But I will never forgive him for what he did. For all anyone really knows, his candidacy could have been a Clinton-created conspiracy to sabotage Bush's re-election.

#9 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

View PostRock N, on 09 July 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

"You people".

Remember all of the indignant racist crap that Perot received for saying that? :lol:

Yep, but he was talking to white people (mostly the media) when he said it!

#10 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:16 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 July 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

I did too. :(

He rescued many Vietnam POW/MIAs (that HW Bush while as the head of the CIA had deliberately abandoned) and Perot used his own money to do it. Perot also called out the CIA and the deep state corruption on many other similar crimes.

https://www.azquotes...1538-Ross_Perot

He also sent a commando group to Iran to rescue the employees trapped there in 1979.

#11 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

View PostDutch13, on 09 July 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

I don't blame him, but he helped to usher in the era of the Clinton's.

Yeah, that is on the voters, not Perot. He would have made a good President.

RIP

#12 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

View PostJon Wayne, on 09 July 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

He tried to do it his way as a third party candidate. He bought air time and made his pitch to the public, at least to the small segment of the population that actually watched. Didn't he or anyone around him know that as a third party he had zero chance of winning? Didn't he know that his candidacy would hurt President Bush and guarantee Bill Clinton a victory? I didn't know the guy. I'm sure those that believed in him thought he was a great guy. But I will never forgive him for what he did. For all anyone really knows, his candidacy could have been a Clinton-created conspiracy to sabotage Bush's re-election.

I think he as a third party had a tremendous chance of winning. He was actually leading all polls until he got cold feet and dropped out of the race, blaming the government spying on his family or some such thing, which made him seem paranoid. Then his feet warmed up again and he got back in, but all that flakiness and indecision undercut his credibility and cost him his real chance. It's like how if you were selling your house, would you bother taking a chance on a bidder who keeps jumping in and out saying now he wants your house, now he doesn't, or would you go with one of the other buyers whose pursuit hasn't wavered?

I think anyone like Perot or Trump--who had both resources and could credibly position themselves as an outsider rather than a typical Beltway politician--would have had a great chance to be president for a couple of generations now. People from all sides have been intrigued by that sort of change figure for a long time.

#13 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:16 PM

The more I payed attention to him, the less I took him seriously.

I guess he was a crackpot and it's kind of amazing to me how so many who were his followers were undeterred by his goofiness.

But, hell yes, as an issue our indebtedness, which was then $6 trillion, and how are we gonna pay it down became an important issue to me.

This post has been edited by BerkeleyUnderground: 10 July 2019 - 01:23 PM

#14 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:31 PM

I think the indebtedness issue which the candidacy of Perot made into a big deal lost alot of momentum when the "Berlin Wall" came down and defense spending was cut thereby allowing Bill Clinton to claim he had a budget without deficits.

And the Reagan economic boom was still picking up steam so that provided hope that we could maybe get ahead of our debt.

This post has been edited by BerkeleyUnderground: 10 July 2019 - 02:38 PM

#15 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:29 PM

View PostJon Wayne, on 09 July 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

I don't know who first said it:

The best straw candidate is the straw candidate who does not know he is a straw candidate.

#16 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

View PostBookdoc, on 09 July 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

I guess I look at it differently. He caused clinton to be elected leading to many different effects like lowering the standards of the country, enforcing carter's CRA to cause the 08 crisis giving us obozo, and worst of all it unleased the hildebeast who would otherwise have been a local grifter instead of a national one. He also avoided catching osama leading to 9/11. So many terrible effects from one guy running for President. :2cents:

No, he didn't cause Clinton to be elected. G.W. Bush caused Clinton to be elected.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users