RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: MSNBC guest derides criticism of Nike: 'Why don't we wear a sw - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MSNBC guest derides criticism of Nike: 'Why don't we wear a sw Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:24 AM

MSNBC guest derides criticism of Nike: 'Why don't we wear a swastika?'
By Sam Dorman
Fox News
07/04/2019

<More Here>

Conservatives were wrong to decry "political correctness" on Nike's part, and the Betsy Ross American flag was comparable to Nazi swastikas, MSNBC guest Michael Eric Dyson suggested on Wednesday.

"Words matter. Symbols matter, too," Dyson told MSNBC host Hallie Jackson when she asked about concerns over political correctness.

"Why don't we wear a swastika for July 4th? Because, I don't know, it makes a difference," he said. "The cross burning on somebody's lawn. Why don't we just have a Nike celebration of the cross those symbols are symbols of hate. So we can take PC culture back."

David Rutz

@DavidRutz
Michael Eric Dyson compares Betsy Ross Flag to a swastika or burning cross during MSNBC hit. https://freebeacon.c...-burning-cross/

10:35 AM - Jul 3, 2019
4,654 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Dyson's comments came amid controversy over Nike's decision to halt the release of shoes bearing the Betsy Ross American flag, which flew during the Revolutionary War. The company worried that the flag could "unintentionally offend" people, after controversial football player Colin Kaepernick expressed concern over the design.

The Nike controversy harkened back to a similar cultural battle that Kaepernick provoked when he refused to stand for the National Anthem. While some accused him of disrespecting the American flag, Kaepernick maintained his protest was against systemic racism in the U.S.

The Betsy Ross flag flew as part of the scene for former President Barack Obama's inauguration, something the president's son, Donald Trump Jr., pointed out on Twitter.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:01 AM

Yes. I remember the coronation of King Obama. There were swastikas hanging EVERYWHERE. I was a little surprised, but then I remembered, he is calming the winds and fixing the oceans, so it's no big deal.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

The company worried that the flag could "unintentionally offend" people, after controversial football player Colin Kaepernick expressed concern over the design.

The Nike controversy harkened back to a similar cultural battle that Kaepernick provoked when he refused to stand for the National Anthem. While some accused him of disrespecting the American flag, Kaepernick maintained his protest was against systemic racism in the U.S.

So much to respond to.

First off - I guess "controversial" is now defined as "spoiled, brain-damaged racist" (i.e. Kaepernick)

Second - The only people who might be "unintentionally" offended would be those who go around intentionally looking for any excuse to proclaim being "offended".

And third - Despite Kaepernick's idiotic insistence his infantile temper tantrum was "against systemic racism in the U.S." and not about the flag itself, now we see that (as always) he was fulla sh*t. This time it obviously IS targeting the flag.

<_<

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 09 July 2019 - 02:38 PM

#4 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Is this complete misunderstanding of simple history a consequence of our lousy school system, or is this another lame-ass Liberal excuse to showcase their righteous anger and rewrite history?

The "Bestsy Ross" flag was the first flag of the newly formed United States. Nothing more.

Put away the internet, pick up a history book and educate yourself.

#5 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:43 PM

The Nike swoosh has become a symbol of racism, ignorance, and corporate pandering.

#6 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

Amongst the people whose opinions matter the least to me is Michael Eric Dyson.

I'd go ask the local homeless for an opinion on an issue first.

Garden-variety race-fixated, Marxist moron.

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:21 PM

View PostGrimV, on 09 July 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

Is this complete misunderstanding of simple history a consequence of our lousy school system, or is this another lame-ass Liberal excuse to showcase their righteous anger and rewrite history?

The "Bestsy Ross" flag was the first flag of the newly formed United States. Nothing more.

Correct.

Thus one sees the importance to their agenda of The Left's taking over the education system first and foremost starting in the 1980s and 1990s.

#8 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:27 PM

How will the company react if the KKK decide they all must wear Nike shoes at their meetings? While I hope that a fire would break out and there would be no survivors at a KKK meeting, I would love to see a picture surface of members wearing Nike garb.

#9 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

Virtue signaling is more important

#10 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:20 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 09 July 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

Virtue signaling is more important

I will never understand people whose entire existence is predicated on perpetual anger.

Of course, I don't understand why a billion dollar multinational corporation would take history lessons from a failed quarterback, either.

#11 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:09 AM

Dyson is a college professor. He knows he is expected to say nutty things like equating the American flag to the Nazi swastika. He feels safe in voicing his delusions since his race exempts him from criticism. Call him an intellectual moron, he will reply that you are a racist.

#12 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:26 AM

Martin, on 10 July 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

Dyson is a college professor. He knows he is expected to say nutty things like equating the American flag to the Nazi swastika. He feels safe in voicing his delusions since his race exempts him from criticism. Call him an intellectual moron, he will reply that you are a racist.

Yet he supports a party that gave rebirth to the KKK and enacted Jom Crow laws. Both well after the Betsy Ross flag cam about.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users