RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Democrat positive cities\ states - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Democrat positive cities\ states I just want to see positive points from left member Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:19 PM

Iím not trying to start arguements. But I canít think of long term democrat run states or even cities that are running in the black and not in debt or crime ridden. Maybe Iím wrong biased or blind. But being open minded Iíd like to know which ones are and discuss them with left members. As I said maybe Iím just stupid. But Iím teachable, what states,cities or towns have shown democrat success. As I stated I donít want an arguement I just want to understand where These beliefs have worked.

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostSquirrel, on 09 July 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Iím not trying to start arguements. But I canít think of long term democrat run states or even cities that are running in the black and not in debt or crime ridden. Maybe Iím wrong biased or blind. But being open minded Iíd like to know which ones are and discuss them with left members. As I said maybe Iím just stupid. But Iím teachable, what states,cities or towns have shown democrat success. As I stated I donít want an arguement I just want to understand where These beliefs have worked.

None. Democrat policies don't work.

:shrug:

#3 User is online   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 09 July 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

None. Democrat policies don't work.

:shrug:

Thatís my opinion too but as I said Iím open to examples where they have if our left members are open to conversation.

#4 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:01 PM

OK (to use a racist expression), Squirrel, you're on. I compared the Mercatus Center evaluation of states' fiscal strength as of 2018 with the list of which states have united governor and legislative control by Reps or Dems. On this list, SP stands for "split", meaning not unified rule by either party.

Bottom ten:

50 IL SP
49 CT D
48 NJ D
47 MA SP
46 KY R
45 NM SP
44 DL D
43 WV R
42 CA D
41 NY D

Top ten:

1 NB R
2 SD R
3 TN R
4 FL R
5 OK R
6 WY R
7 ID R
8 UT R
9 NC SP
10 NV SP

Link to Mercatus: https://www.mercatus...efiscalrankings

#5 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:52 PM

I didn't know that New Brunswick (NB) was a state. Unless you meant Nebraska (NE).

#6 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:10 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 09 July 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

I didn't know that New Brunswick (NB) was a state. Unless you meant Nebraska (NE).

Naturally I meant Nebraska, as anyone capable of reading the provided link would have noticed and you cleverly suspected.

Regarding the province you are concerned with, here is a quote from the Globe and Mail from 2014, updated 2018:

Provinces with deficits Ė that is, most of them Ė are cutting spending and raising taxes, taking a chunk of the room created by the Harper government's tax cuts. All are trying to hold the line on public-sector salaries, the biggest item in their budgets. Some have rays of hope. Quebec is going to balance its budget, after a hard but necessary struggle. Alberta, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland can hope for a recovery in fossil fuel prices. Ontario says it will balance the books, but that pledge is built more on a wing and a prayer than anything else.

The worst case in Canada, however, is New Brunswick, a province not much written about nationally. Its situation is dire, and it doesn't matter whether Liberals govern, as now, or Progressive Conservatives. Indeed, the recent Liberal budget, small details aside, read just like the ones given by the previous PC government, which tried to take difficult decisions and got beaten for its pains.

#7 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

View PostMartin, on 09 July 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

OK (to use a racist expression), Squirrel, you're on. I compared the Mercatus Center evaluation of states' fiscal strength as of 2018 with the list of which states have united governor and legislative control by Reps or Dems. On this list, SP stands for "split", meaning not unified rule by either party.

Bottom ten:

50 IL SP
49 CT D
48 NJ D
47 MA SP
46 KY R
45 NM SP
44 DL D
43 WV R
42 CA D
41 NY D

Top ten:

1 NB R
2 SD R
3 TN R
4 FL R
5 OK R
6 WY R
7 ID R
8 UT R
9 NC SP
10 NV SP

Aha!! There are two Rís among the bottom 10 and two SPís among the top 10!

Therefore, D=R.

I refuse to take questions.

<was that convincing?>

#8 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

View PostSquirrel, on 09 July 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Let me get back to you on this... :coffeenpc:

#9 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostMartin, on 09 July 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Bottom ten:

50 IL SP
49 CT D
48 NJ D
47 MA SP
46 KY R
45 NM SP
44 DL D
43 WV R
42 CA D
41 NY D

Top ten:

1 NB R
2 SD R
3 TN R
4 FL R
5 OK R
6 WY R
7 ID R
8 UT R
9 NC SP
10 NV SP

Kentucky only recently became a Republican-led state.

Just sayin'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users