RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Home Depot Shoppers Threaten Boycott Over Trump-Supporting Co-Founder - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Home Depot Shoppers Threaten Boycott Over Trump-Supporting Co-Founder Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

Home Depot Shoppers Threaten Boycott Over Trump-Supporting Co-Founder

New York Post
By Chris Perez
July 9, 2019 | 12:46am

Excerpt:

Home Depot shoppers have been threatening to boycott the store after its co-founder, Bernie Marcus, revealed in a recent interview that he’d be donating to President Trump’s re-election bid.

“Never shopping @HomeDepot again,” wrote one Twitter user.

“Cutting up my card,” another said.

Marcus, who retired from Home Depot in 2002, has been a vocal Trump supporter in the past — despite not always agreeing with him.

“He’s got a businessman’s common sense approach to most things,” Marcus told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in a recent interview, which has been making the rounds on social media.

“Now, do I agree with every move that he makes? No, I don’t,” the billionaire said. “But the truth is he has produced more than anybody else. He has. If we look at this country, I would say that we are better off today than we were eight years ago or six years ago.”

Social media users have been ripping Marcus for his support of Trump, even though it’s been known for quite some time. The 90-year-old reportedly donated $7 million to his presidential campaign in 2016 — and he’s expected to match that number or possibly give even more.

“Thanks for inspiring me to shop anywhere else for home improvement stuff!” blasted one woman on Twitter. “I cringe, thinking how I unwittingly helped the #WorstPresidentEver over the past few years.”

The hashtag #BoycottHomeDepot went viral on Monday night as more and more people got word of Marcus’ support for Trump.

*snip*

There were some users, however, who remained in Home Depot’s corner.

“I’ll always shop at Home Depot!” said one person. “A huge thank you for supporting our President! Plus, Home Depot gives veterans a discount!”

Conservative author Nick Adams wrote: “I love how liberals are trying to boycott a store we all know they never go to.”

Another Twitter user said: “I’m SO EXCITED!!! I get to shop at Home Depot with Americans that RESPECT our president like we SHOULD.”

Link

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:41 PM

Every day.

Yup, every single day.

Every single day the Trump-haters prove again what infantile morons they are. This guy retired from Home Depot 17 freaking years ago, and they're going to punish the store, its employees, stockholders, etc, because they hate the greatest president we've had in decades.

Freaking idiots.

<_<

#3 User is online   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 09 July 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Every day.

Yup, every single day.

Every single day the Trump-haters prove again what infantile morons they are. This guy retired from Home Depot 17 freaking years ago, and they're going to punish the store, its employees, stockholders, etc, because they hate the greatest president we've had in decades.

Freaking idiots.

<_<

Couldn't have said it better. Complete and total idiots.

#4 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:57 PM

There is a bright side to this.

Now I can shop at Home Depot without having to put up with the progtards and greenie weenies being there! :)

So, Antifa will be buying their spray paint, duct tape, plastic trash cans, padlocks, chains, drain opener, metal and plastic pipe elsewhere from now on? :huh:

#5 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:05 PM

View PostRock N, on 09 July 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

Now I can shop at Home Depot without having to put up with the progtards and greenie weenies being there! :)

So, Antifa will be buying their spray paint, duct tape, plastic trash cans, padlocks, chains, drain opener, metal and plastic pipe elsewhere from now on? :huh:

It looks like I am going to have to switch from Lowes to Home Depot.

#6 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:32 PM

I wonder how many “shoppers” we’re actually talking about here. Ten?

#7 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

Every cloud has a silver lining....I will now double up buying from Home Depot

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

So this all from the twitter-verse? I believe most of these outrages are by design to divide.

#9 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:03 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 July 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

So this all from the twitter-verse? I believe most of these outrages are by design to divide.

No kidding?

#10 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:08 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 July 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Progressives: dividing us when they're in power, dividing us when they're out of power. I'm seeing a trend here...

#11 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:29 PM

View Poststick, on 09 July 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Progressives: dividing us when they're in power, dividing us when they're out of power. I'm seeing a trend here...

If they have a political agenda at all, and are not mostly lowlifes and pranksters like 8 chann.

#12 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:33 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 09 July 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Every cloud has a silver lining....I will now double up buying from Home Depot

That was my reaction, and then I realized it’s gonna be a lot more crowded at HDs from now on.

#13 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:22 PM

I have a hard time envisioning most proggies as needing anything from a home-improvement store. Can you see them with a hammer, getting dirty and sweaty 'n' stuff? I can't.

Ok, the gardening dept maybe

#14 User is offline   Howsithangin 

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:26 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 July 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

If they have a political agenda at all, and are not mostly lowlifes and pranksters like 8 chann.

I must disagree on two points. Progressives by definition have an agenda. And progressives by definition are lowlifes.

Progressives are not pranksters however, because: 1. they have no sense of humor; and 2. they can't prank, just like they can't meme, because of #1.

#15 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:49 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 July 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

You need to visit Portland sometime. There is a distinct “us and them” dynamic here, and I’m not one of the “us-es”. Just curious; is Portland’s mayor a lowlife or a prankster, in your view?

#16 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:44 PM

I've been doing my part.

I've bought stuff from Home Depot twice in the last two days. :)

#17 User is offline   Howsithangin 

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:55 PM

View PostRock N, on 09 July 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

I've been doing my part.

I've bought stuff from Home Depot twice in the last two days. :)

:thumbsup: :welldone:

Yesterday, and another trip tonight. :)

#18 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:44 AM

I've a feeling Trump's economy will trump any boycott of Home Depot...

#19 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:53 AM

Thanks libtards, for giving me another reason to patronize Home Depot...

Rock N, on 09 July 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

They'll all be at Starcucks...

#20 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:01 AM

Okay, let's stop and think about this for a minute.

HOME REPAIR/IMPROVEMENT store.

Who is your typical person in one of these places? Someone who is going to fix or build there own stuff, someone who is taking a project(large or small) into their own hands. Someone who is taking charge, taking responsibility and either knows how to or is willing to figure something out for themselves and not rely on someone else to do it for them. Does that sound like someone who either gives a damn about political leanings or at best is going to boycott a store because someone in the upper echelons supports Trump? Truth is many do it your self types tend to be much more independent to Conservative. Why? WE CAN'T RELY ON OTHERS EITHER BECAUSE WE DON'T TRUST OTHERS, CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY OTHERS, OR SIMPLY ENJOY DOING IT OUR SELVES!!! Numerous examples of this just in my own life. It's amazing how your perspectives and politics change not only when you gotta' pay your own way but also when you gotta' take care or learn to fix things because you can't afford to pay someone else to do it for you.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users