RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Facebook updates standards to allow death threats against alleged sexu - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Facebook updates standards to allow death threats against alleged sexu Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:10 AM

Facebook updates standards to allow death threats against alleged sexual offenders

John Gage
Washington Examiner
7/9/19

EXCERPT:

Facebook updated its community standards to allow for users to call for "high-severity violence" against sexual offenders, including death threats.

In its " Do not post" section on its website, Facebook changed its standards in a July update to allow an exception to its "Violence and Incitement" standard for individuals "described as having carried out violent crimes or sexual offenses, wherein criminal/predator status has been established by media reports, market knowledge of news event, etc."

The exception allows users to make: "Threats that could lead to death" against alleged violent and sexual offenders. Facebook does not require for the threats to be against persons who have been convicted under criminal law.

(Full Story)

--

The "alleged violent" part apparently also applies to anyone they don't like. A few conservatve bloggers have recently reported blatant death threats (ie., "I will kill you") only to get replies from Facebook that said posts do not violate their standards and that no action will be taken.

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:53 AM

has been established by media reports, market knowledge of news event, etc."

:unsure:

So someone tried in the court of social media would qualify. nice.

#3 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:53 AM

View PostModerator T, on 10 July 2019 - 03:10 AM, said:

The "alleged violent" part apparently also applies to anyone they don't like. A few conservatve bloggers have recently reported blatant death threats (ie., "I will kill you") only to get replies from Facebook that said posts do not violate their standards and that no action will be taken.

Sounds fascist to me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users