RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: I don't want to be "famous" - RightNation.US

I don't want to be "famous" I 'm not sure I could handle it. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

In my particular niche - Industrial Automation with an emphasis on Security and Life Safety - I have a 100% PERFECT record. But you'll never hear about it.

"If it Bleeds, it leads". THAT's what makes the news. The Smithee Org - full credit to ALL my people - has never made the news.

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:10 PM

Fame ain't all it's cracked up to be. If it ever came to a choice between fame or fortune, I'd grab fortune so fast it'd make your head spin.

Of course I've never experienced fame on a "rock star" level like Jagger or Springsteen or McCartney. Not even on a "second-tier" rock star level like, say, the guys in Brownsville Station or Black Oak Arkansas. But I did have a certain level of "local" notoriety for several years and I assure you, it was mostly a pain in the ass. I mean, sure, you get a lotta "dates" and lots of guys in bars buying you beers, but otherwise it's mostly local losers trying desperately to be your buddy when you just wanna be left alone.

:hairpull:

#3 User is offline   donsaliman 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:17 PM

That what you wrote is so true, and I get mad because like the movie stars and people in sports, I cannot get the news coverage they get.

When I hear one of them saying something I don't agree with, they will never hear my (our) sid.

They are the privileged people and yet they complain about life and we work out butts off and have a hard time sometimes in life, appreciate what we have more than most of them do.

#4 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:47 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 10 July 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

In my particular niche - Industrial Automation with an emphasis on Security and Life Safety - I have a 100% PERFECT record. But you'll never hear about it.

"If it Bleeds, it leads". THAT's what makes the news. The Smithee Org - full credit to ALL my people - has never made the news.

I've been in the paper and TV news several times because of my work, but I agree, I have zero desire to be famous. Noteworthy in my field is something else, but 'famous' in the media/culture context, nope. I wish to be invisible.

Well, until I lead the charge of the 300 up Capital Hill to retake our government once the U.S. has gone fascist. :ph34r: :P

#5 User is online   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:25 AM

My goal is to be anonymously famous.

(Kind of like Sabo, that LA guerrilla artist.)

I love this one

another good one

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 11 July 2019 - 08:33 AM

#6 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

I was on Candid Camera once. They came to my school when I was in either kindergarten or first grade (probably first grade), so that works out to being, well, about 45 or 46 years ago.

They picked out me and a girl out of our class to do one of their "Candid Kids" segments together. Obviously, I don't remember much about something that happened so long ago when I was still only about six, but when Allen Funt asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said a boxer and that I was going to beat up Muhammad Ali for being mean to Joe Frazier.

#7 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:07 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 10 July 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

Fame ain't all it's cracked up to be. If it ever came to a choice between fame or fortune, I'd grab fortune so fast it'd make your head spin.

Of course I've never experienced fame on a "rock star" level like Jagger or Springsteen or McCartney. Not even on a "second-tier" rock star level like, say, the guys in Brownsville Station or Black Oak Arkansas. But I did have a certain level of "local" notoriety for several years and I assure you, it was mostly a pain in the ass. I mean, sure, you get a lotta "dates" and lots of guys in bars buying you beers, but otherwise it's mostly local losers trying desperately to be your buddy when you just wanna be left alone.

Black Oak Arkansas brings back college memories of KAAY Little Rock as they boosted their signal at 11pm and played hard rock music. They opened with Frijid Pink's version of House of the Rising Sun and they played a lot of BOA songs!

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostBookdoc, on 11 July 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Black Oak Arkansas brings back college memories of KAAY Little Rock as they boosted their signal at 11pm and played hard rock music. They opened with Frijid Pink's version of House of the Rising Sun and they played a lot of BOA songs!

"Jim Dandy to the rescue...Jim Dandy to the rescue...Jim Dandy to the rescue...GO Jim Dandy, GO JIM DANDY..."

:woohoo:

#9 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 11 July 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

"Jim Dandy to the rescue...Jim Dandy to the rescue...Jim Dandy to the rescue...GO Jim Dandy, GO JIM DANDY..."

:woohoo:

Oh, Uncle Lijah, Uncle Lijah, he's still alive...

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 11 July 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Oh, Uncle Lijah, Uncle Lijah, he's still alive...

From their first album, right? Of course I mean the first BOA album. They released one earlier album when they were still called "Knowbody Else", didn't they?

B)

#11 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

Full credit to Bowie as a songwriter but MUCH MORE a fan of Jackson Browne. However much I disagree with his politics, I think he nailed it with...

#12 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 11 July 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

Full credit to Bowie as a songwriter...

Then let's give full credit to John Lennon too (and Carlos Alomar, for that matter), who both helped write that song.

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 11 July 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

...but MUCH MORE a fan of Jackson Browne. However much I disagree with his politics, I think he nailed it with...

I love that song too.

:yes:

#13 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:54 PM

I miss Bowie. :(

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:15 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 11 July 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

I miss Bowie. :(

"Space Oddity" is in my repertoire.

B)

#15 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:26 AM

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 12 July 2019 - 06:26 AM

#16 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:20 AM

Wow! Pulling that stuff out of the waaay back machine! I actually saw BOA in my hometown (back before Tommy Aldridge left the band) . Great show.

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:25 AM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 12 July 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Wow! Pulling that stuff out of the waaay back machine! I actually saw BOA in my hometown (back before Tommy Aldridge left the band) . Great show.

Yeah, I saw both of those bands in concert (and a jillion others.) Back in those days even poor kids like me could go to pretty much every concert tour that came to town, because tickets were so cheap. Sheesh, I saw Aerosmith for $2 back in '73 or thereabouts. They weren't superstars yet, but still - Areosmith for two bucks? They cost a little more nowadays.

B)

#18 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:46 PM

One of the best musician "stories" I've ever heard was Arlo Guthrie describing pretty much the same thing; He's sitting in a bar just wanting to be left alone, and a wannabee songwriter keeps pestering him to listen to a song. It's on the intro to:

#19 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

I notice Adam you said famous, but said nothing about infamous...just sayin. ;)

#20 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:14 PM

Severian, on 12 July 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

I notice Adam you said famous, but said nothing about infamous...just sayin. ;)

He achieved one of them

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users