RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Nice Work, Rapinoe! US Soccer Final Viewership Down by ALMOST HALF - RightNation.US

Nice Work, Rapinoe! US Soccer Final Viewership Down by ALMOST HALF Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:02 PM

Nice Work, Rapinoe! US Soccer Final Viewership Down by ALMOST HALF Thanks to Trump-Bashing, Far Left National Team

They cursed the US President and disrespected their Country — What did they expect?
The US Women's Soccer Final viewership was down by ALMOST HALF this year thanks to the Trump-bashing, anthem protesting US national team.

https://www.thegatew...-national-team/

#2 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:15 PM

Women’s soccer. Finally...something people care about less than men’s soccer.

#3 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:19 PM

It's not just the trump bashing. Many of the team members (not all) act like jerks on the pitch. (And yes, I know many people think all soccer players act like jerks.)
But many of them act like overbearing idiots, not good sports at all. I am sure they are the team that the world likes to hate because they're so obnoxious.

Honestly, how good can they be when a team of 15 year old boys beat them?

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 11 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

#4 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:22 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 11 July 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Ain't that the truth! :thumbsup:

#5 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:37 PM

I have followed Women's Soccer and Volleyball and Tennis since 1990. Megan Rapinoe has always been a hater. Now a fluffler for "hate".

#6 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:00 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 11 July 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

:biglaugh:

#7 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:17 PM

Buckwheat Jones, on 11 July 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

That’s very witty. (Say “very witty” ten times fast...)

This post has been edited by zurg: 11 July 2019 - 11:17 PM

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:12 AM

Buckwheat Jones, on 11 July 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Yet they demand equal pay to men and draw only a quarter of the attendance?

Sounds exactly like proggy democrap math.

Wag-a-Muffin (D), on 11 July 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

It's not just the trump bashing. Many of the team members (not all) act like jerks on the pitch. (And yes, I know many people think all soccer players act like jerks.)
But many of them act like overbearing idiots, not good sports at all. I am sure they are the team that the world likes to hate because they're so obnoxious.

:exactly:

#9 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:15 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 11 July 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the behavior of the USWNT. I don’t care for Rapinoe’s act on the field, and I also don’t care for her using her “fame” as a soapbox for her political views.

But it should be noted that the USWNT didn’t “lose” to a boys team. There was an informal scrimmage, which was very likely set up with lots of specific scenarios, and no formal flow of a real game. It wasn’t a full game, so there was no winner or loser. A score was reported as “5-2” for the boys team on the FC Dallas website. (The boys team was a U-15 Academy Team affiliated with FC Dallas - basically a development team for the pro team). There wasn’t an official score, and we don’t even know how the tally came about.

But we do know that as competitive as the USWNT is, if they actually lost a game to this boys team, they wouldn’t have stuck around for pics and autographs. And since that’s exactly what they did - stuck around for pics and autographs - we know this wasn’t a real game, wasn’t a real score, and was a scrimmage with purpose of planning out some things, working on some things, and having some fun with a group if dedicated young soccer fans.

But because of how the USWNT has behaved (at least a few, anyway), it’s been fun for conservatives to take this little non-story and turn into a club to beat over the heads of these women, women soccer players in general, women athletes in general, and ultimately to make all females feel bad for having the gall to take up a sport. Please don’t participate in spreading the hatred by perpetuating the lie that the USWNT “lost” to a boys team - because the truth is they didn’t.

#10 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:20 AM

View PostLeansToTheRight, on 12 July 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the behavior of the USWNT. I don’t care for Rapinoe’s act on the field, and I also don’t care for her using her “fame” as a soapbox for her political views.

But it should be noted that the USWNT didn’t “lose” to a boys team. There was an informal scrimmage, which was very likely set up with lots of specific scenarios, and no formal flow of a real game. It wasn’t a full game, so there was no winner or loser. A score was reported as “5-2” for the boys team on the FC Dallas website. (The boys team was a U-15 Academy Team affiliated with FC Dallas - basically a development team for the pro team). There wasn’t an official score, and we don’t even know how the tally came about.

But we do know that as competitive as the USWNT is, if they actually lost a game to this boys team, they wouldn’t have stuck around for pics and autographs. And since that’s exactly what they did - stuck around for pics and autographs - we know this wasn’t a real game, wasn’t a real score, and was a scrimmage with purpose of planning out some things, working on some things, and having some fun with a group if dedicated young soccer fans.

But because of how the USWNT has behaved (at least a few, anyway), it’s been fun for conservatives to take this little non-story and turn into a club to beat over the heads of these women, women soccer players in general, women athletes in general, and ultimately to make all females feel bad for having the gall to take up a sport. Please don’t participate in spreading the hatred by perpetuating the lie that the USWNT “lost” to a boys team - because the truth is they didn’t.

Thanks for that. I haven't commented on that particular talking point as I knew nothing about it.

Even if true, my opinion would be "so what?" Don't conservatives believe that there are differences in physical attributes between men and women? Acknowledging that that difference exists takes nothing away from the FACT that the USWNT is comprised of athletes at the very pinnacle of their sport. (That is, at least, until the PC crowd starts forcing women's teams to accept men who couldn't make the top tier cut in male sports playing as "trans.")

You can rightly criticize Rapinoe for stances and how she comports herself without denigrating what is the top team in female soccer in the world.

#11 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:20 AM

Double post.

This post has been edited by JerryL: 12 July 2019 - 03:20 AM

#12 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:58 AM

:biglaugh:

#13 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:17 AM

View PostJerryL, on 12 July 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

Thanks for that. I haven't commented on that particular talking point as I knew nothing about it.

Even if true, my opinion would be "so what?" Don't conservatives believe that there are differences in physical attributes between men and women? Acknowledging that that difference exists takes nothing away from the FACT that the USWNT is comprised of athletes at the very pinnacle of their sport. (That is, at least, until the PC crowd starts forcing women's teams to accept men who couldn't make the top tier cut in male sports playing as "trans.")

You can rightly criticize Rapinoe for stances and how she comports herself without denigrating what is the top team in female soccer in the world.

:yeahthat:

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:24 AM

View PostBerkeleyUnderground, on 11 July 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

Nice Work, Rapinoe! US Soccer Final Viewership Down by ALMOST HALF Thanks to Trump-Bashing, Far Left National Team

They cursed the US President and disrespected their Country — What did they expect?
The US Women's Soccer Final viewership was down by ALMOST HALF this year thanks to the Trump-bashing, anthem protesting US national team.

https://www.thegatew...-national-team/

It was down by half from the 2015 match because of the time the match took place, this and multiple articles have stated. The 2015 match was during prime time, whereas this one started almost during the morning for us.

#15 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:53 AM

View PostLadybird, on 12 July 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

It was down by half from the 2015 match because of the time the match took place, this and multiple articles have stated. The 2015 match was during prime time, whereas this one started almost during the morning for us.

So the fact she's hates Trump didn't nothing to raise their viewership.

#16 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:18 AM

tailgunner, on 12 July 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

So the fact she's hates Trump didn't nothing to raise their viewership.

The fact that it was on when most Americans are not sitting in front of their TV’s has more to do with it than her disrespect of Trump, but if it make his fans feel better to believe it was, knock yourselves out.

#17 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

View PostLadybird, on 12 July 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

The fact that it was on when most Americans are not sitting in front of their TV’s has more to do with it than her disrespect of Trump, but if it make his fans feel better to believe it was, knock yourselves out.

It doesn't. It show those enamored by her disrespect couldn't be brother to flip on their tv's in support.

#18 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:53 AM

And she wants more money....for what? To spew more hateful douchery?

#19 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:55 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 11 July 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

In defense of Rapinoe, she looks like a 15 year-old boy so I can understand losing to an equal opponent...

#20 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:02 AM

View PostLeansToTheRight, on 12 July 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

Thank you for the facts.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users