RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The President Is Right About Baltimore. Are Democrats Really Prepared - RightNation.US

The President Is Right About Baltimore. Are Democrats Really Prepared To Defend Failure? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

The President Is Right About Baltimore. Are Democrats Really Prepared To Defend Failure?

Baltimore is one of the least livable, most dangerous cities in America. It's not racist to point that out.

USA TODAY
James S. Robbins, Opinion columnist
Published 5:00 a.m. ET July 30, 2019

Excerpt:

Ask yourself honestly: Would you ever consider living in West Baltimore? And are you a racist if you say no?

Baltimore ranks in the top 10 of the least livable cities in America. Until this week, it was not controversial to point that out. But now that President Donald Trump has tweeted about Baltimore, it seems as though anyone who criticizes the awful conditions there is opening themselves up to charges of prejudice.

The flap began last week when Rep. Elijah Cummings, whose 7th district covers much of Baltimore City, lashed out at acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan at a hearing on conditions inside illegal alien detention centers. “What does that mean when a child is sitting in their own feces, can’t take a shower?” Cummings shouted. “Come on, man. What’s that about?”

President Trump responded with tweets saying Cummings’ district was “FAR WORSE and more dangerous” than the detention facilities, “a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.” The president suggested Cummings focus more on cleaning up this “dangerous & filthy place” than on bullying in hearings about the border issue.

The accusations of racism continue

The president’s remarks were immediately denounced as racist by Democrats and the usual frantic pundits, even though the tweets had no racial content. Trump responded that “Democrats always play the Race Card, when in fact they have done so little for our Nation’s great African American people.”

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Sunday that it was “unbelievable that we have a president of the United States who attacks American cities.” But it was perfectly fine four years ago when Sanders said during a visit to West Baltimore, "Anyone who took the walk that we took around this neighborhood … would think that you were in a Third World country."

*snip*

President Barack Obama said then that difficult conditions in Baltimore required national “soul searching” — because the $1.8 billion stimulus bonanza he had lavished on the city didn’t seem to solve anything.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

View Postarticle, on 30 July 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

Are Democrats Really Prepared To Defend Failure?

Of course, they are. Everything they do can be labeled as a failure. Why stop now?

#3 User is offline   Liz 

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 30 July 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Of course, they are. Everything they do can be labeled as a failure. Why stop now?

Yeah, they prefer to lead with their strengths.

#4 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:23 PM

Baltimore was given 18 BILLION dollars last year in aid...Where did that money go?

President Trump has brought much needed scrutiny to Baltimore

#5 User is offline   Liz 

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 30 July 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Baltimore was given 18 BILLION dollars last year in aid...Where did that money go?

President Trump has brought much needed scrutiny to Baltimore

Baltimore Received $1.8 Billion from Obama’s Stimulus Law.

It was 1.8 Billion, but still, a great deal of money.

#6 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:28 PM

View PostLiz, on 30 July 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Why did I hear and see that it was 18 Billion?

I’m sorry...It was 16 BILLION in federal grants given to Baltimore last year

This post has been edited by firecoco: 30 July 2019 - 02:32 PM

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:34 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 30 July 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Why did I hear and see that it was 18 Billion?

I’m sorry...It was 16 BILLION in federal grants given to Baltimore last year

I keep seeing/hearing/reading the same figure as Liz: 1.8 billion.

Can you link to that 16 billion figure?

:scratch:

#8 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 30 July 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

I will...I’m on my iPad right now...Have to get on my computer

#9 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

here it is

#10 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:15 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 30 July 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

There it is.

Yet the uppity racist progtard Cummings still loves to bite the gift horse in the ass?

16 billion and it's still a rat infested crime ridden schidthole?

What did the assbag do with all of that money? It's obvious that not a cent of it ever went to the people or did any good, so it must have gone to paying kickbacks under the counter to his homies in the district?

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 30 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

OK thanks for the link.

B)

#12 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:57 PM

You guys are missing the point. They're not going to defend failure. They're going to spin this as racism. Truth doesn't matter in politics.

#13 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 30 July 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

I believe the $1.8B was from obozo's "stimulus" and Trump gave $15.7B in total Fed aid. Where did all the money go?

This post has been edited by Bookdoc: 30 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

#14 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:30 PM

View PostLiz, on 30 July 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

The President Is Right About Baltimore. Are Democrats Really Prepared To Defend Failure?

Baltimore is one of the least livable, most dangerous cities in America. It's not racist to point that out.

ALL of this is true. And ANYTHING bad that be said about Baltimore is true. You'll get no quarrel from me on any of this.

But... I'm just not sure this is a battle that can be "won".

Problem is that while, YES, Baltimore *IS* a third-world-ish craphole and *IS* "one of the least livable, most dangerous cities in America", so is Indianapolis. As I posted in that other topic:

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 29 July 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

10 Most Dangerous (Gee, a lot of the "usual suspects".)
:

#10 Oakland CA. Mayor = Libby Schaaf (D )
#9 Indianapolis IN. Mayor = Joe Hogsett (D ) since 2016. Though 4 of the last 6 have been R.
(And I never thought I'd see the day when Indianapolis was worse than Oakland)
#8 Albuquerque NM. Mayor = Tim Keller (D ) since 2017. Prior was Richard Berry (R ) '09-'17
#7 Cleveland OH. Mayor = Frank Jackson (D )
#6 Milwaukee WI. Mayor Tom Barret (D )
#5 Kansas City KS. Mayor = Quinton Lucas (D )
#4 Memphis TN. Mayor = Jim Strickland (D )
#3 Baltimore MD. Mayor = Bernard Young (D )
#2 Detroit MI. Mayor = Mike Duggan (D )
#1 St. Louis MO. Mayor = Lyda Krewson (D )
[b]

Source for the above 2 lists: Safewise.com (2019): The 10 Safest and Most Dangerous Metro Cities in America for 2019

Okay, so one turd floats a little higher in the toilet than the other. Still, though, they're BOTH turds to be on lists like this. And a large part of Indy's decline happened on (now-VP) Mike Pence's watch, first while he was Congressional Rep (IN-2 then later IN-6, which includes parts of Indianapolis, 2001-'13) then while he was Governor of the State, which Indy is the capitol of, from '13-'17). Indy's decline also happened, even aside from Pence, on the "Republicans" watch, with 4 of the last 6 mayors covering 30 of the past 51 years since '68 having been Republicans.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 30 July 2019 - 05:31 PM

#15 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostLiz, on 30 July 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

I'll see your 1.8 Billion and raise you 2.5.

WTHR-13 Indianapolis (2011): Tracking Indiana's stimulus money "Indianapolis - Indiana has already received more than $2.5 billion (yes, that's BILLION) from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. 13 Investigates discovered not all of that money has been stimulating the state's economy and putting Hoosiers to work."

And ask yourself, who was Indiana Gov. at the time? Does the proverbial 'Buck' stop at 200 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis 46204, or does it not?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Being from Indy, and still somewhat attuned to the local politics, I offer this advice: Republicans should be careful when tossing this grenade. The Dems might just pull the pin and throw it back.

And it really REALLY sucks to see stories like this:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EmXzW_6GI0I/maxresdefault.jpg

#16 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:59 PM

As a conservative I don’t care if they throw the grenade back. Every city and every mayor or corrupt person deserves to be called out and held accountable. The difference is if it’s a republican city and goverment when called out conservatives want justice. What they don’t do is yell that’s racist and ignore it. All the while making excuses that would be the left and a few people here.

This post has been edited by Squirrel: 30 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

#17 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 30 July 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

ALL of this is true. And ANYTHING bad that be said about Baltimore is true. You'll get no quarrel from me on any of this.

But... I'm just not sure this is a battle that can be "won".

Problem is that while, YES, Baltimore *IS* a third-world-ish craphole and *IS* "one of the least livable, most dangerous cities in America", so is Indianapolis. As I posted in that other topic:

Okay, so one turd floats a little higher in the toilet than the other. Still, though, they're BOTH turds to be on lists like this. And a large part of Indy's decline happened on (now-VP) Mike Pence's watch, first while he was Congressional Rep (IN-2 then later IN-6, which includes parts of Indianapolis, 2001-'13) then while he was Governor of the State, which Indy is the capitol of, from '13-'17). Indy's decline also happened, even aside from Pence, on the "Republicans" watch, with 4 of the last 6 mayors covering 30 of the past 51 years since '68 having been Republicans.

You didn’t state what ranking the two cities on your list had when they had republican governors.

Also, I hope you aren’t posting all of this to say “both sides do it” and implying that it’s in equal amounts. I don’t think you are, but you’re not making your position clear here - is it more gleeful to find some republican examples or is it to point out the gorilla in the room?

#18 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

I’d also like to know besides just mayor etc the rest of the cities goverment. If it’s 99% democrat reps and a republican mayor then what can he do? If it was 99% democrat run for 40 yrs and one yr it’s republican led,,, well how fast can they change 40 yrs of bad policy. Most of the democrat cities listed have always been democrat. So I’d like to know the history of any exceptions. That would be logic to me

This post has been edited by Squirrel: 30 July 2019 - 07:28 PM

#19 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:03 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 30 July 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EmXzW_6GI0I/maxresdefault.jpg

Betcha there aren't many Amish, Korean, Japanese, Indian, or those of European-decent living in those two neighborhoods :whistling:

#20 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

Here I thought that the word "racist" had lost all power. The Democrats' response to Trump is to void the word of all meaning.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users