RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Why ‘The Squad’ Is Setting The House’s Agenda - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why ‘The Squad’ Is Setting The House’s Agenda Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

Why ‘The Squad’ Is Setting The House’s Agenda

New York Post
By Jonathan S. Tobin
July 30, 2019 | 8:24pm | Updated

Excerpt:

After House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had rallied her caucus to vote for more funding to deal with the border crisis in June, moderates mocked the inability of radical Democrats to muster more than four votes in opposition. But that vote was a poor measure of the influence of the leftist quartet.

Moderate Democrats reassure themselves that the so-called “Squad” — Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley — are fringe figures whose reputation has been exaggerated, mostly ­owing to their clever use of social media and GOP attacks.

But the notion that AOC and her allies are political ciphers is a myth that is being debunked on a daily basis. Far from being marginalized, the Squad is dictating the party’s agenda. More than that, it’s painfully obvious that Pelosi and fellow party leaders fear the Squad.

That was made clear last week, when Pelosi and AOC met and emerged arm-in-arm to declare their dedication to party unity. Earlier, AOC had all but accused Pelosi of racism, the sort of insult that would have resulted in any other freshman member being severely punished by a speaker well-known for holding grudges.

But instead of being compelled to bend the knee, AOC was treated as an equal.

The speaker may secretly share President Trump’s wish that the Squad should be making trouble in some other country’s legislature. And Pelosi may well regard with horror the Squad’s willingness to threaten establishment Democrats; AOC thumped party crony Joe Crowley in 2018.

But the Democratic base has now embraced the four as ­heroines of the #Resistance to Trump, rendering them not only invulnerable to Pelosi’s disciplinary authority but giving them power they have only ­begun to exercise.

That’s why many of the radical ideas that they have championed and their spirit of contempt for compromise have taken the left by storm.

How else to explain why a top-tier Democratic presidential candidate like Sen. Kamala Harris would seek out AOC as a partner on her environmental platform?

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

Your signature cartoon fits the article perfectly.

:yes:

#3 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:15 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 31 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Your signature cartoon fits the article perfectly.

:yes:

Oh yes, another Branco. As you pointed out, his work is terrific.

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:55 PM

View PostLiz, on 31 July 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

Why ‘The Squad’ Is Setting The House’s Agenda

WHY IS IT that every time I hear of "The Squad" I immediately think of "The Squat", as in "Taking a dump on America".

Is it just ME or what?

#5 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 31 July 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

WHY IS IT that every time I hear of "The Squad" I immediately think of "The Squat", as in "Taking a dump on America".

Is it just ME or what?

:D

A distinction without a difference if I've ever heard one

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users