RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: James Comey Is Torched In The Department Of Justice's IG Report On - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

James Comey Is Torched In The Department Of Justice's IG Report On Obama-Era FISA Abuses Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:43 AM

James Comey Is Torched In The Department Of Justice's IG Report On Obama-Era FISA Abuses

Townhall
Matt Vespa
Posted: Aug 01, 2019 3:40 PM

Excerpt:

Former FBI Director James Comey may have escaped charges for leaking classified information to the public, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be torched by the pending inspector general report from the Department of Justice. It once again shoots a hole right through the Democrats’ ongoing Trump impeachment narrative that is rapidly falling apart. Russian collusion was outright killed by the report filed by ex-Special Counsel Robert Mueller, as it debunked the already unverified Trump dossier compiled by ex-MI6 spy Christopher Steele. Fusion GPS hired him. And they were contracted by the Hillary Clinton campaign to get dirt of Trump. This document is the epicenter of the Trump-Russia collusion myth. Still, this report tried very hard to prove Russian collusion, but there is simply zero evidence to prove it. Period.

The flip side is the so-called obstruction of justice that occurred, with Comey’s firing in2017 being a major date in the minds of liberals. Despite repeated examples that Comey was fired for cause, the Left continues to push this impeachment nonsense. Where things get dicey for liberals is how the Obama DOJ used the Steele dossier to reportedly secure a FISA spy warrant against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. John Solomon at The Hill has more:

Inspector General (IG) Michael Horowitz’s team referred Comey for possible prosecution under the classified information protection laws, but Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors working for Attorney General William Barr reportedly have decided to decline prosecution — a decision that’s likely to upset Comey's conservative critics.

Prosecutors found the IG’s findings compelling but decided not to bring charges because they did not believe they had enough evidence of Comey’s intent to violate the law, according to multiple sources.

[…]

Although a technical violation, the DOJ did not want to “make its first case against the Russia investigators with such thin margins and look petty and vindictive,” a source told me, explaining the DOJ’s rationale.

But Comey and others inside the FBI and the DOJ during his tenure still face legal jeopardy in ongoing probes by the IG and Barr-appointed special prosecutor John Durham. Those investigations are focused on the origins of the Russia investigation that included a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant targeting the Trump campaign at the end of the 2016 election, the source said.

[…]

The lack of prosecution is certain to demoralize some conservatives, who long have called for Comey’s head. But the IG report, set to be released within the next few weeks, likely will provide significant condemnations of Comey’s conduct, sources tell me.

While they cautioned that the IG’s final report won’t be complete until it gets feedback from Comey’s lawyers in the next few days, it is expected to conclude that the former FBI director improperly took with him memos that were FBI property when he was fired, transmitted classified information via an insecure email account, and shared some of the memos with his private lawyers. Some of the Comey memos were classified up to the “secret” level, but the FBI has not disclosed whether those were shared with his lawyers like the classified confidential memo was.

*snip*

And Comey is just the first of many DOJ officials who have been accused of shady deeds. Disgraced FBI Agent Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe are also involved in the Obama DOJ’s alleged meddling antics during the 2016 election. It spreads into the State Department, who knew the Steele (aka Trump) dossier was politically biased, and possibly the CIA. George Papadopoulos, a Trump official who was approached by an alleged honeypot, Azra Turk, asking about Trump’s connections to Russia, was first reported as an FBI asset. Papadopoulos said she might have been CIA. This is all part of another offshoot of this reported deep state activity: that the Obama DOJ was spying on the Trump campaign. Well, they sort of were, but not with Papadopoulos. Comey allegedly had an agent inside the Trump White House.

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:09 AM

So why isn't he being prosecuted?

#3 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:36 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 02 August 2019 - 01:09 AM, said:

Something about "low hanging fruit" :shrug:

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:31 AM

Perp walk and then a really effing ugly jumpsuit in screaming neon orange...

#5 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:47 AM

Because no matter how much lip service is given to it, even by the Trump administration, the "Swamp" doesn't pay. Period.

#6 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:59 AM

AG Barr said no.

#7 User is online   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:28 AM

The claim I heard/read is that it would be difficult, assuming no confession, to prove intent.
There are military people in Federal prison right damned now for sending a photo of their work space aboard a nuke sub to family.
No "Intent" to expose secrets to the world, but that doesn't matter for the hoi polloi, does it?

#8 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:52 AM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 02 August 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

The claim I heard/read is that it would be difficult, assuming no confession, to prove intent.
There are military people in Federal prison right damned now for sending a photo of their work space aboard a nuke sub to family.
No "Intent" to expose secrets to the world, but that doesn't matter for the hoi polloi, does it?

Same BS excuse they used to not pursue Hillary. The statute doesn't require intent. As you rightly point out, if you are just some working Joe or mid level person, the question of "intent" isn't even raised.

#9 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:03 AM

Patience, Padwan. . .

#10 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:12 AM

The article spells it out if you would read it.

They did not want their FIRST case to be on fairly thin margins because of not being able to prove criminal intent, and thus look petty and vindictive and thus jeopardize a big splash later.

I’m in agreement with that logic, and you really should be too, in my opinion.

This post has been edited by zurg: 02 August 2019 - 08:12 AM

#11 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:12 AM

View PostJerryL, on 02 August 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

Because no matter how much lip service is given to it, even by the Trump administration, the "Swamp" doesn't pay. Period.

Yep. :angry:

#12 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:39 AM

And Comey taunts Republicans childishly: https://www.foxnews....-next-time-bruh

#13 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

Don't miss on your first shot. The IG filed a referral but Barr wants an iron clad case. He will get it.

I can wait.

#14 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

View PostCoach, on 02 August 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Don't miss on your first shot. The IG filed a referral but Barr wants an iron clad case. He will get it.

I can wait.

I hope so but I've been disappointed so often in the past.

#15 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

As a cop, in your experience, doesn't this look like maybe Comey made a deal?..Time will tell I guess. If you do some looking you find this same cast of characters (Comey, Mueller etc) associated with the Clintons for quite a while..If I'm not mistaken it was Comey then at the DOJ that determined that Bubba did no wrong in pardoning Marc Rich and NOT because he gave the Clintons a ton of cash (also the DNC) I betcha the exoneration read something along the line of "No clear criminal intent"...
Kestrel...

This post has been edited by kestrel: 03 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users