RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: How You Know Tulsi Gabbard Really Got Under Kamala Harris' Skin - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How You Know Tulsi Gabbard Really Got Under Kamala Harris' Skin Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

How You Know Tulsi Gabbard Really Got Under Kamala Harris' Skin

CNN
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Updated 2:13 PM ET, Thu August 1, 2019

Excerpt:

(CNN) In Wednesday night's Democratic presidential debate in Detroit, Tulsi Gabbard decided to drop her opposition research book right on Kamala Harris.

Amid a broader conversation about criminal justice reform between the California senator and former Vice President Joe Biden, the moderators turned to the Hawaii congresswoman. And she unloaded:

"Senator Harris says she's proud of her record as a prosecutor and that she'll be a prosecutor president.

"But I'm deeply concerned about this record. There are too many examples to cite but she put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana.

"She blocked evidence -- she blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. She kept people in prison beyond their sentences to use them as cheap labor for the state of California."

It was, without question, a moment for Gabbard, who has been running well off the main pack in the race to date. She was forceful, direct and unapologetic. And she clearly knocked Harris on her heels.

Worse than that -- for Harris -- is the fact that it became crystal clear in the aftermath of the debate that Gabbard had gotten under her skin. In a post-debate interview, CNN's Anderson Cooper asked Harris about the moment with Gabbard.

"This is going to sound immodest, but obviously I'm a top-tier candidate and so I did expect that I'd be on the stage and take some hits tonight," Harris said. "When people are at 0 or 1% or whatever she might be at, so I did expect to take some hits tonight."

Woof.

First of all, if you are running for president and you hear the words, "This is going to sound immodest" come out of your mouth, it may be best to recalibrate what you are going to say.

Second, what Harris is actually saying is, basically, this: The dork took a shot at the most popular kid in school. Big whoop.

That is not a good look. For any candidate. Ever. (And, yes, politics is a LOT like high school.)

Now, in Harris' defense -- somewhat -- she did go beyond simply saying that she couldn't be bothered to care about Gabbard because the Hawaii congresswoman isn't polling as highly as she is. Harris also noted Gabbard's very controversial decision to meet with Bashar al-Assad, calling her an "apologist" for the Syrian dictator.

But what Harris started her answer on Gabbard with was the she-is-so-beneath-me-I-can't-even-bring-myself-to-take-her-seriously riff. Which, for a candidate as naturally gifted and experienced as Harris, is a clear mistake. And a mistake that appeared born of the simple fact that Gabbard pissed her off and, in the immediate aftermath of the debate, she was still fuming.

*snip*

Full Commentary

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

(And, yes, politics is a LOT like high school.)

Oh yeah? Well poop on you, you big poopface!

:coolshades:

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:33 PM

The state of California is franticly sealing Kamala Harris' public records.

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 02 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

#4 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:06 PM

I knew when I saw the look on Harris' face. If she is going to play at this level, she's going to have to learn how to put on that phony "amused" look when being criticized.

#5 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:06 PM

Yeah I checked, there is no Presidential power to be a prosecutor. In fact it's pretty much against the law. The POTUS is not a king, and therefore does not hold absolute authority. Having the authority of whom to prosecute would give a POTUS absolute authority over anyone in the US.

#6 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:12 PM

I posted the video of the exchange in the debate thread. Its too bad Gabbard is wrong on pretty much every issue, but its fun to watch her fight her own side.

#7 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:53 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 August 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Oh yeah? Well poop on you, you big poopface!

https://i.imgflip.com/2dgg17.jpg

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

Now, in Harris' defense -- somewhat -- she did go beyond simply saying that she couldn't be bothered to care about Gabbard because the Hawaii congresswoman isn't polling as highly as she is. Harris also noted Gabbard's very controversial decision to meet with Bashar al-Assad, calling her an "apologist" for the Syrian dictator.

She's right. And I wonder why..

#9 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

View PostLadybird, on 02 August 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

She's right. And I wonder why..

My impression from interviews was that Gabbard doesn't support Assad so much as she doesn't want a repeat of Iraq where the stable monster is removed and many unstable monsters cause trouble for years. Her foreign policy seems to be a weird mix of Ron Paul sounding non-interventionism and hate for nation building and wanting to deal with terrorism harshly. One of the big reasons she's being criticized on foreign policy is that she dared to opine that Obama and others arming "freedom fighters" in Syria and elsewhere hasn't made the world safer and hasn't improved our own security.

#10 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:14 PM

View PostModerator T, on 02 August 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

My impression from interviews was that Gabbard doesn't support Assad so much as she doesn't want a repeat of Iraq where the stable monster is removed and many unstable monsters cause trouble for years. Her foreign policy seems to be a weird mix of Ron Paul sounding non-interventionism and hate for nation building and wanting to deal with terrorism harshly. One of the big reasons she's being criticized on foreign policy is that she dared to opine that Obama and others arming "freedom fighters" in Syria and elsewhere hasn't made the world safer and hasn't improved our own security.

We had Iraq under control. We were well on our way to establishing a deterrent presence in the region until Chumpy pulled the troops despite the Iraqis begging us to stay. Chump knew exactly what would happen.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users