RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump Calls for ‘Strong Background Checks’ but Ties Them to Immigratio - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Calls for ‘Strong Background Checks’ but Ties Them to Immigratio Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:31 AM

Trump Calls for ‘Strong Background Checks’ but Ties Them to Immigration Laws

Eileen Sullivan and Sheryl Gay Stolberg
NY Times
8/5/19

EXCERPT:

President Trump on Monday called for Republicans and Democrats to work together to strengthen background checks for prospective gun buyers and proposed “marrying” new measures with new immigration laws — two of the most politically divisive issues facing lawmakers.

Mr. Trump’s comments, made in early morning Twitter posts, come as the country mourns two deadly mass shootings over the weekend in Texas and Ohio that killed 29 people.

The president is scheduled to speak later Monday morning. He has condemned the shootings but has not addressed a manifesto that the authorities said was written by the gunman in El Paso, Texas; the manifesto echoes Mr. Trump’s language on immigration.

In another Twitter post on Monday, the president railed against the news media, blaming it for the contributing to “the anger and rage” in the United States.

(Full Story)

--

Here it comes.

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:06 AM

It won't happen because he's tied them to border controls. Guess what the left won't cut their nose off to do something that they can't ultimately control.

#3 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:27 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 05 August 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

It won't happen because he's tied them to border controls. Guess what the left won't cut their nose off to do something that they can't ultimately control.

I don't know, Democrats giving him another $10 billion for a wall that'll probably never be built seems to be a good deal for them if they get to reduce gun rights.

#4 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:31 AM

There has to be give and take on both sides. I am not sure how I feel about this. It may not have been the optimal time to make that suggestion, but we have to realize that we may have to cede ground on something important to us to gain something. Otherwise, it probably will never happen.

#5 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:01 AM

Cede nothing to the Left on guns, nothing. We've ceded too much already beginning with the NFA in the 30s.

And whenever anyone starts on about "weapons of war" I ask them to tell me, specifically, which militaries around the world use AR15s or semi-auto AK47s. So far no answer.

#6 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

Hell freezing over?
The Murdoch owned, pro Trump New York Post urges an assault weapons ban..

https://nypost.com/2...lt-weapons-now/

#7 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:52 AM

View PostLadybird, on 05 August 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

Hell freezing over?

Maybe we should ban cars to, after all if it's harder to drive there and carry the weapons and ammo...

By the way, more people died when a Psycho set fire to an Anime studio in Kyoto Japan. Maybe that's because the Japanese aren't blaming Gasoline or Gas Cans. They are blaming the animals who did it!

#8 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

Hell freezing over?

What would you do? I mean, you criticize a lot, so it would be good to hear how you’d do it differently. I presume you’d like to see mass shootings ending.

#9 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

Hell freezing over?

They should point out where and "assault weapon" has been used recently.

Spoiler alert: None.

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

View Postzurg, on 05 August 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

What would you do? I mean, you criticize a lot, so it would be good to hear how you’d do it differently. I presume you’d like to see mass shootings ending.

If the president did that, I would have nothing but nice things to say about him for three weeks.

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

View PostSeverian, on 05 August 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Cede nothing to the Left on guns, nothing. We've ceded too much already beginning with the NFA in the 30s.

And whenever anyone starts on about "weapons of war" I ask them to tell me, specifically, which militaries around the world use AR15s or semi-auto AK47s. So far no answer.

:yeahthat: :exactly:

Then it was the NRA who conceded then and even wrote that legislation as they have every federal gun ban that we've had ever since.

Join the GOA.

#12 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

View Postoki, on 05 August 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

Maybe we should ban cars to, after all if it's harder to drive there and carry the weapons and ammo...

By the way, more people died when a Psycho set fire to an Anime studio in Kyoto Japan. Maybe that's because the Japanese aren't blaming Gasoline or Gas Cans. They are blaming the animals who did it!

Drivers and physicians are responsible for more deaths than all mass shooters throughout history combined, yet nobody says a word about either.

#13 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

View PostLadybird, on 05 August 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

If the president did that, I would have nothing but nice things to say about him for three weeks.

No you wouldn't.

Like the other progtards and "resistors" right away you'd just find something else to bitch about Trump.

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

Well it's no secret I have always supported universal background checks for firearm purchases anyway. So I don't feel any outrage.

:shrug:

#15 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:37 PM

View PostRock N, on 05 August 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

:yeahthat: :exactly:

Then it was the NRA who conceded then and even wrote that legislation as they have every federal gun ban that we've had ever since.

Join the GOA.

Which is why I no longer am an NRA member but a GOA and 2nd Amendment Foundation member.

#16 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 August 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well it's no secret I have always supported universal background checks for firearm purchases anyway. So I don't feel any outrage.

:shrug:

In principal sure.

BUT, when the very people responsible for making sure info is added do not do there jobs, re portable info and offenses are not entered due to PC, or the system is misused it becomes worthless.
I don't mind expanded back ground checks, BUT ONLY, if it includes juvenile records, and there is a defined criteria on what counts as mental illness. That there though is one hell of a slippery slope.

I hope to God that we finally wake up and as a nation look at the link between the Psychotropic meds and these animals. If people truly want to end the violence then ALL ASPECTS of the shooters lives need to be examined, not just the ones that help form a convenient narrative. Sad thing is I just won't hold my breath on this aspect as there is billions at stake and an entire industry built around this crap. Not just big pharma but modern psychiatry that has largely gone from tell me about yoa' motha' to still not feeling right let's adjust prescription come back and see me next month.
Showing that this is a key element or even root cause would completely undermine and destroy both industries. Not saying these meds are never needed and not helpful, but in many to even most cases they are not necessary and often do more damage to a person and society than good. I say this as someone who was on Ritalin from about age 5 or 6 to 13. Truth was I was simply an active kid who was both sysdlexic, smart, but at the same time bored to tears. Couple that with teachers who where often dealing with other kids that where brats and acted out, and you have a recipe for a belief of just doping kids up. I know this is true because at one time my younger daughters teachers wanted to put her on this crap.

#17 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

Hell freezing over?

Why is it Leftists are always calling for more gun control, while Conservatives know full well another gun law is just wasting paper. The logic seems to be that if you ban guns, bad guys won't be able to possess one. Ok, so I'm a bad guy who can't get my hands on a gun, what alternatives do I have? Whatever my sick mind can come up with basically, the sky's the limit...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 05 August 2019 - 06:26 PM

#18 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

the manifesto echoes Mr. Trump’s language on immigration.

Yes and no. Yes because Trump doesn't want an open border which invites violent criminals and drugs. No because Trump welcomes legal immigration.

I'm amiss about the actual article, but Dana Loesch read it on her show today. The gist being that manifestos are trolling and clickbait. Their real purpose is to boost the perpetrator's ego and notoriety.

The Zodiac Killer and the Unabomber were able to get newspapers to print their rants. The internet doesn't have an editor. Which also means that these psychos have to go big or stay in mom's basement.

#19 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:29 PM

I've had a background check for every gun I've bought.

:smoker:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users