RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Joaquin Castro Outed His Own Donors In Bid To Shame Trump Supporters ( - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Joaquin Castro Outed His Own Donors In Bid To Shame Trump Supporters ( Anti-Trump Rep. Castro taught a lesson by Texas barbecue lovers who support president Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:06 AM

Joaquin Castro Outed His Own Donors In Bid To Shame Trump Supporters

Fox News
By Brooke Singman
7 August 2019

Excerpt:

EXCLUSIVE: Trump donors whose names and employers were posted in a highly controversial tweet by Democratic Rep. Joaquin Castro blasted the Texas congressman on Wednesday for what they described as a “ridiculous” stunt and, in interviews with Fox News, rejected his claim that they are “fueling a campaign of hate” against Hispanics.

One of those Trump donors even revealed he's also been a supporter of local Democratic lawmakers—including Castro himself.

Wayne Harwell, the owner of a local real estate development company whose name appeared on the list Castro shared on Monday night, told Fox News in a phone interview that he donated money to Castro’s congressional campaign. But he suggested that after Castro outed him in a bid to shame Trump supporters, he won't be supporting Castro anymore.

“I was also on a list of people that gave to Castro and if he dislikes me enough that he wants to put my name out there against Trump, I’m not going to give money to him,” Harwell told Fox News. “Obviously Castro feels pretty strongly against me.”

According to Federal Election Commission records, Harwell donated $1,000 to Castro’s campaign in September 2011.

“I’m pretty independent, but I support Trump,” Harwell explained.

Harwell’s name appeared on a list, along with 43 other prominent donors in San Antonio who have contributed to President Trump. This year, Harwell contributed a total of $5,600 to the Trump Victory committee, and $2,800 to the Trump campaign. Harwell also donated to Trump’s campaign during his first presidential run in 2016.

That list was posted on Twitter by Castro, who is the campaign chairman for his brother, 2020 presidential hopeful Julian Castro. The Texas congressman sought to link them to a "campaign of hate" in the wake of the mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton.

“Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump," Castro tweeted. “Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders.’”

Harwell rejected the allegation.

“I think some of the Democratic rhetoric is more hateful than some of Trump’s rhetoric,” he said. “I think the San Antonio community needs to take a real deep look at what Castro is doing. Why is he doing this?”

He added: “If he wants to play in Washington, he needs to move to Washington. If he wants to play in San Antonio, he needs to at least be sensitive. The rest of the community is sensitive. We’re sensitive to both Republican and Democrat views. A lot of us here in San Antonio are independents.”

Harwell said Castro was drawing “hard lines,” and said that was “not helpful.”

“I hope his constituents remember this,” Harwell said.

Another individual on the list, William Greehey, also gave thousands of dollars to Castro during his first two campaigns, the Washington Free Beacon reported.

Meanwhile, a local oil business owner and executive, Justin Herricks, whose name was also on Castro’s list, called the tactic “ridiculous.”

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:35 AM

Done as a dog whistle to the Antifa mob and online SJWs to harass the 'disbelievers' into line.

Brownshirt tactics.

#3 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:05 AM

Thankfully Castro the Commie's campaign will be going nowhere fast.

#LockHimUp

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 08 August 2019 - 07:05 AM

#4 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:46 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 08 August 2019 - 02:35 AM, said:

Done as a dog whistle to the Antifa mob and online SJWs to harass the 'disbelievers' into line.

Brownshirt tactics.

At any moment, there will be someone on this board that will post in here, defend Castro for doing this because technically, donors are public record, but completely ignore his intentions for doing so.

#5 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:01 AM

View PostItalian Biker, on 08 August 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

At any moment, there will be someone on this board that will post in here, defend Castro for doing this because technically, donors are public record, but completely ignore his intentions for doing so.

:yeahthat:

Or not post at all.

#6 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

"Outing" Trump supporters like gays in years past?

#7 User is offline   east dallasite 

• I like beer...
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:36 PM

Bexar County TX is nuts. May be tied with Travis County (Austin). Makes me worry for Texas' future,

#8 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:30 AM

I should be surprised at these tactics but I'm just not. There is no depths the liberals will not sink to, no matter what it costs whom, even their safety.
I pray no one gets harmed due to this list. If in fact it happens, I hope the Castros are held as accessories at least, perpetrators at best.

#9 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:09 PM

This Castro is almost as smart as uncle Joe.

#10 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:11 PM

Todd Starnes: Anti-Trump Rep. Castro taught a lesson by Texas barbecue lovers who support president
Fox News
Todd Starnes
August 10, 2019

Rep. Joaquin Castro learned a very important life lesson the other day. It turns out the gun-toting, Bible-clinging Trump supporters in San Antonio don’t take kindly to a politician who disrespects their brisket.

Castro, D-Texas, recently published a list of President Trump's top San Antonio donors. He also doxed their places of employment.

“Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders’,” Castro wrote on Twitter.

One of the businesses the congressman targeted for political retribution was Bill Miller Bar-B-Q, one of the most popular brisket and sweet tea joints in San Antonio.

Castro must have imagined thousands of San Antonians converging on the barbecue joints armed with torches and pitchforks, terrorizing customers in the drive-thru and staging boycotts. He must have dreamed about literally running the pit masters out of town.

But there are some rules about living in the Lone Star State. You go to church on Sunday. You don’t talk bad about somebody’s momma. And you don’t mess with the brisket.

The day after Castro published that hateful screed, thousands of Texans piled into their pickup trucks and drove to the nearest Bill Miller Bar-B-Q.

Social media reports flooded in showing massive drive-thru lines backing up onto busy streets. Hungry customers patiently waited in lines out the door.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted a photograph of a plate piled high with barbecue noting it was a “perfect night for @BillMillerBarBQ.”

Story

I have eaten at them in San Antonio, wish they were in Houston.

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

Castro the Commie, consider your Presidential chances barbecued next...

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 10 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

#12 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

Castro should be at the very least censured for his cowardly attack on his constituents. He makes excuses but he knows damn well what he was trying to do. Thankfully, we have this phenomenon called "The Trump Effect" in which we don't put up with this sh!t and aren't afraid to let a-holes like Castro know it.

#13 User is offline   east dallasite 

• I like beer...
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

LongKnife, on 10 August 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Todd Starnes: Anti-Trump Rep. Castro taught a lesson by Texas barbecue lovers who support president
Fox News
Todd Starnes
August 10, 2019

Rep. Joaquin Castro learned a very important life lesson the other day. It turns out the gun-toting, Bible-clinging Trump supporters in San Antonio don't take kindly to a politician who disrespects their brisket.

Castro, D-Texas, recently published a list of President Trump's top San Antonio donors. He also doxed their places of employment.

"Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as 'invaders'," Castro wrote on Twitter.

One of the businesses the congressman targeted for political retribution was Bill Miller Bar-B-Q, one of the most popular brisket and sweet tea joints in San Antonio.

Castro must have imagined thousands of San Antonians converging on the barbecue joints armed with torches and pitchforks, terrorizing customers in the drive-thru and staging boycotts. He must have dreamed about literally running the pit masters out of town.

But there are some rules about living in the Lone Star State. You go to church on Sunday. You don't talk bad about somebody's momma. And you don't mess with the brisket.

The day after Castro published that hateful screed, thousands of Texans piled into their pickup trucks and drove to the nearest Bill Miller Bar-B-Q.

Social media reports flooded in showing massive drive-thru lines backing up onto busy streets. Hungry customers patiently waited in lines out the door.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted a photograph of a plate piled high with barbecue noting it was a "perfect night for @BillMillerBarBQ."

Story

I have eaten at them in San Antonio, wish they were in Houston.

I used to eat at Otto's on Memorial, George HW Bush's favorite. Best bbq I eve had was on the side of the road, one was in Richmond at a roadside rest on US 90. The other was an old black dude's rig on the side of the road in Prairie View. Indescribably good. I do a pretty good job myself with my little smoker,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users