RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: California Lawmakers Pass Resolution Blaming Religious People - RightNation.US

California Lawmakers Pass Resolution Blaming Religious People for High Suicide Rates in the LGBT Community Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

California Lawmakers Pass Resolution Blaming Religious People for High Suicide Rates in the LGBT Community
Will Maule
ChristianHeadlines.com Contributor
Tuesday, July 30, 2019

<More Here>

Lawmakers in California have passed a resolution that singles out the state's religious communities and forces them to fully support LGBT individuals.

In an astonishing bid to have people of faith conform to the pervading progressive culture, the legislators even blamed religious individuals for many of the issues faced by those in the LGBT community today – including suicide, the Federalist reports.

The resolution, which recently passed through the state assembly, reads: "the Legislature calls upon all Californians to embrace the individual and social benefits of family and community acceptance" of LGBT people. The document unapologetically pins blame on people of faith for being contributors to the sky-rocketing suicide rates among the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.

"The stigma associated with being LGBT often created by groups in society, including therapists and religious groups, has caused disproportionately high rates of suicide, attempted suicide, depression, rejection, and isolation amongst LGBT and questioning individuals…" the bill reads.

So, with this assertion put forward as fact, the California legislature is effectively seeking to force religious people to agree with and support the LGBT community even if they hold strong personal convictions that would draw them away from doing so.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:10 AM

God will punish Kalifornia, somehow, someway for their sins...:whistling:

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:10 AM

Silly, California state assembly, you can't legislate morality.

#4 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:31 AM

Apparently that separation thingy is unidirectional

Every week, we're one step closer to Soviet Russia

View PostRedSoloCup, on 08 August 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

God will punish Kalifornia, somehow, someway for their sins...:whistling:

If only I knew an earthquake dance...

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

:biglaugh:

#6 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:10 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 08 August 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Silly, California state assembly, you can't legislate morality.

I learned a lot about culture as I wrote my doctoral dissertation. I learned that it is EXTREMELY difficult to change the value systems (morality) of people, so social scholars instead recommend changing behaviors. By a large degree, organizations can dictate behavior (as long as it isn't illegal and sometimes even then...Enron, Wells Fargo, Volkswagon are good examples of where employees were pressured by the organization to do illegal things) and if their employees don't like it, they can leave. Governments too pass laws on behavior all the time and you go to jail or are fined if you don't follow along. In fact, ALL laws are based on some morality. It used to be based on Judeo-Christian values, but now most are based on left-wing radical/Satanic (abortion, which isn't much different than what the Aztecs did with their human sacrifice rituals) morality. So, unfortunately, organizations and governments do legislate morality and it is our duty to conscientiously and visibly object when they are immoral.

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:48 PM

Sorry, but these people are mentally ill in the first place, so it's their own fault if they off themselves, not the moral people.

#8 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Muslims will be exempt of course. Derp.

There's no thing that they won't blame on someone else. It's never someone's own fault.

#9 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

Do these morons realizes the major of the honeys they want from the south, are Catholic Christianity?

#10 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, well, the Smithee household has passed a resolution condemning California.

#11 User is offline   Timothy 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

Oh no they passed a resolution!

It's always funny to me how much fundamentalist Christian conservatives twist themselves into knots to portray themselves as the victim. Especially given how much people on the right complain about people on the left playing the victim.

#12 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:03 PM

View PostTimothy, on 08 August 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's always funny to me how much fundamentalist Christian conservatives twist themselves into knots to portray themselves as the victim. Especially given how much people on the right complain about people on the left playing the victim.

:rolleyes:

#13 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:03 PM

So, you’re ok with a state government taking sides on a religious issue. Good to know.

#14 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:04 PM

View PostSeverian, on 08 August 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

Muslims will be exempt of course. Derp.

There's no thing that they won't blame on someone else. It's never someone's own fault.

:exactly:

The leftist M.O.

View Postcorporal_little, on 08 August 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

So, you’re ok with a state government taking sides on a religious issue. Good to know.

Sounds like.

View PostRock N, on 08 August 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Sorry, but these people are mentally ill in the first place, so it's their own fault if they off themselves, not the moral people.

:yes:

#15 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:38 PM

Funny that the only one here who's squealing like a victim is you? :coolshades:

#16 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

I'm always impressed with how big a tool you show yourself to be when issues like this come up.

Does it give you a tingle to be this big of a tool?

Your parents must be SO proud!

#17 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:24 PM

View Postcorporal_little, on 08 August 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

This.

#18 User is offline   Howsithangin 

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:02 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 08 August 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Yeah, well, the Smithee household has passed a resolution condemning California.

Ditto.

I don't travel there, even on layover. I don't buy CA wines, and I try to the extent that I can, not buy from anyone living in CA (online businesses or eBay)

#19 User is offline   Howsithangin 

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

You'd howl like a cat in heat if a state specified that it referred to 'muslim' only, so spare us the smug, K?

re: 'the victim', yet again your youthful ignorance is showing. You haven't witnessed decades of increased anti-Christian legislation.

Besides, it's not like you are affected. Your religion, like others on The Left, is government.

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:06 PM

I wouldn't go to Kommiefornia even if someone gave me an all expenses paid vacation there.

I'll say the same for Illinois, Washington DC, New York and the rest of the northeastern and any other proggy infested states.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 08 August 2019 - 11:08 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users