RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: FBI Kept Using Steele Dossier For FISA Applications Despite - RightNation.US

FBI Kept Using Steele Dossier For FISA Applications Despite Documenting Ex-Spy's Bias, Documents Show Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:38 AM

FBI Kept Using Steele Dossier For FISA Applications Despite Documenting Ex-Spy's Bias, Documents Show

Fox News
By Gregg Re, Catherine Herridge
8 August 2019

Excerpt:

The FBI formally documented the apparent anti-Trump bias of British ex-spy Christopher Steele shortly after the November 2016 presidential election -- yet despite the red flags, continued to use his unverified dossier in multiple Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court warrant application renewals, records obtained by Fox News show.

The partially redacted documents, first obtained by Judicial Watch, also revealed that top Justice Department official Bruce Ohr maintained contact with Steele for at least six months after Steele was fired by the FBI for unauthorized media contacts in November 2016. The records further confirmed that Ohr knew of Steele's anti-Trump bias before the 2016 election.

"This is just the tip of the iceberg," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told Fox News' "Hannity" Thursday evening. "I know personally there's a lot more out there."

The summaries of FBI interviews with Ohr, known as 302s, indicated that Ohr knew by September 2016 -- a month before the initial FISA application to surveil the Trump campaign -- that an individual with links to the dossier was "desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being the U.S. President.Ē

"Ohr believes [redacted] wanted to blunt or foil the Kremlin's plans," the FBI document continued, while recounting claims pushed by Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm behind the dossier that was funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee (DNC).

A source close to the matter told Fox News that "this had the effect of putting a senior DOJ official on notice that a witness/source had an extreme bias."

Just nine days before the FBI applied for its FISA warrant, bureau officials were battling with a senior Justice Department official who had "continued concerns" about the "possible bias" of a source pivotal to the application, according to internal FBI text messages previously obtained by Fox News.

Nevertheless, the FISA warrant application went through in October 2016 with multiple renewals. While the FISA records are heavily redacted, it does not appear that the FBI's documentation about Steele's bias was ever shared with the FISA court.

Proceedings before FISA courts are ex parte, meaning defendants are not aware of them or able to attend in any capacity. The FBI has a legal and procedural obligation to reveal exculpatory evidence to the FISA court on its own.

However, on four occasions, the FBI told the FISA court that it "did not believe" Steele was the direct source for a Yahoo News article written by Michael Isikoff implicating former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page in alleged collusion with Russian officials.

While FBI told the FISA court that the Yahoo article constituted independent evidence to support Steele's claims, the 302s showed that by November 2016 -- before several FISA warrant renewals -- the FBI had made the connection between Steele and the Yahoo News article.

According to the FBI documents, Ohr apparently met with Steele in Washington, D.C. in late September, "possibly close to the time when the Yahoo news article was published on September 23, 2016."

The FBI materials indicate that Glenn Simpson, the co-founder of Fusion GPS, and Steele "could have met with Yahoo or Michael Isikoff jointly, but Ohr does not know if they did.".

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:53 AM

Drip...Drip...Drip....Itís coming out

Hats off to Tom Fitton...The guy is awesome

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:02 AM

This is real collusion and foreign interference in our elections. We don't need a special counsel for this. We need arrests, prosecutions, and extended stays at a federal supermax.

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 09 August 2019 - 10:03 AM

#4 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

Which is exactly why the FBI should never ever be trusted and should be disbanded.

#5 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:13 AM

But I was assured by a certain_someone that the Dossier was not at all involved in the warrant applications. Guess that was anther of those BS claims that he had no way of validating. Even though past information proved it as well.

#6 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:17 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 August 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

Which is exactly why the FBI should never ever be trusted and should be disbanded.

I am in agreement there, fire them out of a cannon and replace their duties with the US Marshall's.

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 09 August 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

I am in agreement there, fire them out of a cannon and replace their duties with the US Marshall's.

:yeahthat:

#8 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:06 AM

Attached File  f7178af3e3ed531fdf5d6ac0849ee95e.jpg (12.29K)
Number of downloads: 2
Olson Johnson: "Never mind that sh!t, here comes White Supremacy!"

This post has been edited by Noclevermoniker: 09 August 2019 - 11:18 AM

#9 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:09 AM

We could have a news show about what WILL NEVER BE NEWS because it proves the corruption and bias of the NEWS agencies.

#10 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 August 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

:exactly:

F umbling
B umbling
I diots

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 09 August 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

:exactly:

#11 User is offline   AntonToo 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

??

All of this is well known, but I guess some feel it needs to be repackaged and re-introduced to keep alive.

Of course Steely was very anti-Trump, as anyone would be given the raw intelligence he compiled and how Trump was publicly felating Putin.

Nothing to date shows that Steely was not acting in good faith.

#12 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

View PostAntonToo, on 09 August 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

??

All of this is well known, but I guess some feel it needs to be repackaged and re-introduced to keep alive.

Of course Steely was very anti-Trump, as anyone would be given the raw intelligence he compiled and how Trump was publicly felating Putin.

100% idiot. Again. Well, done, Anton, you're at least consistent.

#13 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:43 PM

??

Pitiful, you have no clue of the sh!t storm headed your way.

#14 User is offline   Jon Wayne 

• <no title>

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:40 PM

I wouldn't call this story "drip drip drip". It's more like the Big Bang Theory because it's been about 14 billion years since we first heard about all this. And as I've said about prosecutions against Deep State anti-Trumpers since the Earth began cooling, I'll believe it when I see it. AG Sessions was a limp-wristed putz who did nothing, and AG Barr seems to be AWOL as well.

#15 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:53 PM

??

I could ask how totally stupid you are, and why are you such a psychophant, but that would be purely rhetorical.

Excuse me, but it's 'Steele' not 'Steely'.

Do you have links to his raw intelligence or are you just spouting BS as is your SOP.

#16 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:07 PM

:o :o :o

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

:doh: :pinch: :sweat: :lol2: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :woot: :lol3:

Wow.....Just WOW...

:nuts:

#17 User is offline   sgt1255 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

Anton what raw intelligence are you talking about. Steele couldn't verify the lies in his dossier. Lot in that book of lies came from open source.

(CNN) ó A newly released snippet of a deposition with the ex-British spy behind the Trump-Russia dossier describes some of the steps he took to verify information he collected for it in 2016, including pulling from a user-generated citizen journalism initiative by CNN, iReport, which no longer operates.

Christopher Steele admitted during a lawsuit deposition that he used internet searches and unverified information to support details he had gathered about a web company mentioned in the dossier, according to select pages of his deposition transcript that a federal court unsealed this week.

https://www.cnn.com/...sier/index.html

Ken

#18 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:34 AM

??

Nothing except for Steele's own statements about how badly he didn't want Trump as POTUS, but you know that and you continue to be in denial. Nothing like moving those goal posts heh Komrade?

#19 User is offline   AntonToo 

• <no title>

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 13 August 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

Nothing except for Steele's own statements about how badly he didn't want Trump as POTUS, but you know that and you continue to be in denial. Nothing like moving those goal posts heh Komrade?

Do you actually read the posts you reply to?

Steele being anti-Trump is completely consistent with him believing in the intelligence he gathered.

#20 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:18 PM

View PostAntonToo, on 13 August 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

Do you actually read the posts you reply to?

Steele being anti-Trump is completely consistent with him believing in the intelligence he gathered.

Steele was anti-Trump FIRST!!!

Timeline:
1. Steele is anti-Trump
2. Steele makes up stuff and believes stuff
3. Steele sells to FBI
4. FISA
5. Spying

In your fantasies you believe it is:
1. Steele discovers horrible stuff about Trump
2. Steele proves that itís all true
3. Steele reluctantly, duty-bound, tells FBI
4. FBI solemnly investigates and gets a FISA