RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Number of bomb attacks in Sweden has surged this year - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Number of bomb attacks in Sweden has surged this year Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:38 AM

Number of bomb attacks in Sweden has surged this year
The Local
news@thelocal.se
@thelocalsweden
16 June 2019
11:35 CEST+02:00

The number of attacks with explosives has increased significantly so far this year, according to the latest official figures, with 93 attacks up until the end of May. By the same time last year, the tally was at just 63. According to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention, which collects the figures, there were 162 explosions reported last year. Figures are not available for earlier years as, the council only began counting explosions as a separate category in 2018.

"There's an arms race going on in the world of organised crime," Stockholm University criminologist Sven Granath told Swedish state broadcaster Sveriges Radio.

This week in Malmö, there were three attacks over a single 24-hour period, while last week a massive blast blew out all the windows of an apartment building in Linköping. The attacks have led some to talk of a new wave of violence hitting the country.

"If we accept this this is the real rate of growth, it's a lot and of course very serious," Manne Gerell, Associate Professor in Criminology at Malmö university, told the broadcaster.

"Many people suspect that more or less the same people are involved in the explosions as in the shootings. So we might think that certain groups have started using explosives more than they did previously."

Granath said that Sweden's new weapons had also led to increased seizures of pistols, pushing some criminals to use explosives instead. Gerell said that it looked as if criminals had learnt how to use explosives, and were therefore more willing to use them.

<snip>

LINK

Somebody's catching on...

#2 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

And we're hearing about this now? Any more information about what's happening in the rest of the free world, they'll shut down the internet and cancel your cable.

#3 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

Whilst there will be some percentage of this that's tied to Islamic extremism, a fair amount/lot of it will be tied to both neo-fascist/Nazi groups in Sweden and most notably by organised crime, the biker crime gangs in Sweden and Scandanavia have a shocking reputation for violence. Small bombs have been a favourite weapon esp for the biker gangs. I cam remember the gang wars in Denmark and Sweden back in the 90s, which was extremely violent and left scores dead and injured.

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:56 PM

View Postscotsman, on 10 August 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Whilst there will be some percentage of this that's tied to Islamic extremism, a fair amount/lot of it will be tied to both neo-fascist/Nazi groups in Sweden and most notably by organised crime, the biker crime gangs in Sweden and Scandanavia have a shocking reputation for violence. Small bombs have been a favourite weapon esp for the biker gangs. I cam remember the gang wars in Denmark and Sweden back in the 90s, which was extremely violent and left scores dead and injured.

I remember a special report from the 1990s about biker gangs in Europe. I could make a joke about "the biking Vikings" but I like my head attached to my neck. They are ruthless.

My point was in the United States, we tend to focus on issues that affect us directly. Part of being a mostly homogeneous empire. We in "flyover country" are rarely informed on society and politics abroad. Thanks to instant communication, we are more aware and educated on the world as it really is. Information is a dangerous thing. That's why leftists here support legislation such as "net neutrality" and the "fairness doctrine" which many consider backdoor censorship.

#5 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

You mean to tell me that criminals and crazies turn to other means if the can't get guns or think other methods will be more effective?
No way!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users