RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Black Professor Says Itís Welfare, Not Slavery, That Decimated US Blac - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Black Professor Says Itís Welfare, Not Slavery, That Decimated US Blac Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:12 AM

Black Professor Says It's Welfare, Not Slavery, That Decimated US Black Families
By S.Noble
September 26, 2017
Independent Sentinel

<More Here>

"The undeniable truth is that neither slavery nor Jim Crow nor the harshest racism has decimated the black family the way the welfare state has," said George Mason professor Walter Williams in an article that can be found here.

There is little evidence to support the idea that slavery, racial discrimination and poverty caused the problems of today's black Americans, the economics professor wrote.

The number one problem is the weak family structure:

In 1960, just 22 percent of black children were raised in single-parent families.

Fifty years later, more than 70 percent of black children were raised in single-parent families.

According to the 1938 Encyclopaedia of the Social Sciences, that year 11 percent of black children were born to unwed mothers. Today about 75 percent of black children are born to unwed mothers. That can't be a legacy of slavery, it can't be some delayed reaction.

As Professor Williams said, the bottom line is that the black family was stronger the first 100 years after slavery than during what will be the second 100 years.

All blacks were poor originally but now 30 percent are poor. Two-parent black families are rarely poor.

Only 8 percent of black married-couple families live in poverty. Among black families in which both the husband and wife work full time, the poverty rate is under 5 percent. Poverty in black families headed by single women is 37 percent.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 12 August 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

All blacks were poor originally but now 30 percent are poor.

The 70% that are not poor should thank their lucky stars that their ancestors were brought to America. If they were still in Africa they would still be poor. Not to mention being stuck in the world's <censored>hole continent. The slave trade was a tough way to get into America, but it was a blessing in disguise for many of their descendants.

#3 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:28 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 12 August 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

"The undeniable truth is that neither slavery nor Jim Crow nor the harshest racism has decimated the black family the way the welfare state has,"

And the democrats want to double down with reparations.

http://i.postimg.cc/Y9FXftcD/welfare-dependent.jpg

#4 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 August 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

The 70% that are not poor should thank their lucky stars that their ancestors were brought to America. If they were still in Africa they would still be poor. Not to mention being stuck in the world's <censored>hole continent. The slave trade was a tough way to get into America, but it was a blessing in disguise for many of their descendants.

Walter E. Williams has said the same thing many times.

#5 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

View PostJoe the Pagan, on 12 August 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Walter E. Williams has said the same thing many times.

It's refreshing to hear a black guy look at the bright side instead of trying to squeeze out more entitlements by dragging up the past.

#6 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:52 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 August 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

It's refreshing to hear a black guy look at the bright side instead of trying to squeeze out more entitlements by dragging up the past.

My favorite Rush Limbaugh shows were the ones he would guest host. He at one point said that if it was not for the slave trade he would be living in Africa in a mud hut and spend his days worrying about being eaten by a lion.

My favorite stories he would tell is about his liberal neighbors not understanding a well off African Americans doing things for themselves. While raking leaves in his front yard a man offered him money to rake the leaves in his yard. Williams replied that he had some of his students PhD dissertations to read, but after that his afternoon was free. Another is the time his wife's car broke down near their house. A woman gave her a ride home. She asked his wife if she wanted to wait in the car until the woman of the house came home. William's wife corrected the woman that she was her house.

#7 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:33 PM

View PostJoe the Pagan, on 12 August 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

My favorite Rush Limbaugh shows were the ones he would guest host. He at one point said that if it was not for the slave trade he would be living in Africa in a mud hut and spend his days worrying about being eaten by a lion

Yes. That's who you think it is.

http://i.postimg.cc/Wb6z2CDr/obama1987.jpg

#8 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

The failure of the welfare state is universal. That's all you need to know about EVERY democrat politician.

#9 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

Well, he's gonna lose his tenure and become the target of the 'tolerant' left.

#10 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

The Arby's worker who slips an extra potato cake still praises Trump's tax cuts and food stamp rules. She talks about her cousin who didn't bother to apply for a job for seven years. Now that he works for a road crew, he not only is out of the house, he takes his mom out for lunch every Sunday. Which has the Democrats screaming "White supremacy"!

#11 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:31 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 August 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

views like that will get you sent to the camps in the near future :unsure:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users